• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Have recent events change your pilgrimage-plans?

Will you changed your pilgrimage-plans due to recent events (Galician fires and Heathrow-plot)?

• No, I am going as planned

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • I will probably go as planned

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may stay at home due to this

• I have changed my plans and I am staying home

• Total voters
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ivar

Thankyou for raising such an interesting topic.

I am not changing my plans, though I am flying via London and that is a little scary (especially as one of my numerous phobias is flying, LOL).

The recent events remind me of the ETA bombs (found on the camino if I'm not wrong) a few years ago.

The point is that while the Camino is a truly wonderful magical journey, it is not immune from the events of the time. Indeed, as many on this forum will already know, some of the current routes (eg the camino del norte) arose during a time when pilgrims made their way to Santiago along paths that took them around the territories occupied by Moslem Moors.

We are part of history, we go on living even during these very difficult times, our journey continues and we go forward and appreciate the wonderful things man has been capable of over time in the hope that we can reach such heights again in the near future.

Ultreya.
:D
John

Agree with JohnM. Of course events like this affect us, how could they not? - but we shouldn't let them stop us living our lives the way we want to. All we need to is adapt and move on, after all we've been doing it for centuries.
Sarah :D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Ivar

I was going as planned, but then I saw one of the messages here that the camino portugese is not indicated as well anymore because of the fires.. so I am now doubting it. Hope I can find some information about it before I leave.

Greetings Estrella

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back