• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Have you ever been offered a job/work from someone you've me

Arn

Veteran Member
I know that some members of the Forum have found love and marriage on the Camino and I subscribe to the saying:

"If you can make what you love your job...you never have to go to work!"

I was just wondering: Have you sought...or has a job ever resulted from meeting someone on the Camino?

Or, Has your walking the Way and the experience...ever resulted in a position being offered to you.

Just asking...as my daughter likes to say.

Saludos

Arn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was offered a 'positon' once but he was high and I think he mistook my grey hair for blond!

I was offered a job last year whilst walking the camino. I'd set out on my journey with questions like everyone. In particular I was having a hard time at work and was wondering if it was time for a change. After a few weeks I finally decided change was good. The next day I met a fellow Aussie in an albergue and she offered me a job. This has led to me working in one of the most beautiful spots in Australia doing a job I love.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
sillydoll said:
I was offered a 'positon' once but he was high and I think he mistook my grey hair for blond!

Was the 'position' 'missionary' ? :shock:

I don't know of anyone who has been offered a job this way but I would bet that many have decided on new careers through doing the pilgrimage - it is a good question (and your daughter sounds sweet)

I found a great job on the camino -- it changed my entire career!
... And we am more and more providing work right on the camino for pilgrims who want earn a little money to continue on the road. Lots of work to be done, just not a whole lot of money to be made. It´s a different kind of economy.

This is kinda sorta a job..... at this very moment I am at my birthing center with a couple who I met through this forum. I met them 2 or 3 years ago and when they got pregnant, guess who got to be their midwife? She is laboring beautifully right now and I suspect we will have a little pilgrim on Easter Sunday.
I will let you know.
Peace, Love and Birth
Lillian

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And at 2:15am we have a little pilgrim baby girl.... Galicia Elena. How's that for a name? They are babymooning now and were happy to let our forum know.
Happy Easter,
Lillian

Buen Camino little one!! What a wonderful day to arrive on!! Congrats to all the older pilgrims there in the room...who now must pass on all they've learned to the newest one!! Happy Easter!!

Congratulations!! Indeed, what a wonderful day to have this experience - and to be surrounded by such special friends! Welcome little one!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.