A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Have you seen this Pilgrim?

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
He's Baaaaack! After an 18-month hiatus due to renovations, the construction stuff is finally removed, and the "Shadow Pilgrim" or "Ghost of Sanitago" (take your pick) is back where he belongs. Yippee!

You know, if you walk to the adjacent Holy Door (Puerta Sancta) and turn around facing the rear wall of the Benedictine Convent, look at the similarly created "bruja on a broom..." Yes, a witch flying on her broom... She is near or around a lamp hung on the stone wall.

Yes, I am serious. Check it out...

gollygolly

Camino(s) past & future
2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
He's Baaaaack! After an 18-month hiatus due to renovations, the construction stuff is finally removed, and the "Shadow Pilgrim" or "Ghost of Sanitago" (take your pick) is back where he belongs. Yippee!

You know, if you walk to the adjacent Holy Door (Puerta Sancta) and turn around facing the rear wall of the Benedictine Convent, look at the similarly created "bruja on a broom..." Yes, a witch flying on her broom... She is near or around a lamp hung on the stone wall.

Yes, I am serious. Check it out...
Many thanks for this tip of the 'bruja encima su escoba'* as never knew of or seen this when in SdeC.

Do you have any image / images to share - would be very appreciated.

* apologies for any error in my translation

Togabogie

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
So its not a festive christmas thing then??
Excellent idea and would love too see it also

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
If it is dark and the lights are on, the flying witch can be seen... opposite the Cathedral and the Shadow Pilgrim. I will look for a photo of the bruja...

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I just checked all my photos from the past two trips to Santiago. I specifically recall seeing the bruja... but I cannot find any photos I may have taken.

Perhaps one of our cohort, living at Santiago could take and post a picture of this other phenomenon.

gollygolly

Camino(s) past & future
2000, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
As a follow on, does anyone have an image of the 'bruja' to share !

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 378 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock