A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Have you walked CP from Lisbon?

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
april '2018'
I am looking for someone who has started in Lisbon who would be willing to private message me to have a quick chat regarding their experiences. I'm considering walking it in a few weeks but need a spot of clarification on a couple of things.
Thank you
Andy

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Finished: See post signature.
Upcoming: ?+VdlP (Sept 2018)
I did it in 2015 so I can probably answer questions unless they are about current roadwork etc. Do send a DM if you want.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2015)
Portuguese (2018)
I am looking for someone who has started in Lisbon who would be willing to private message me to have a quick chat regarding their experiences. I'm considering walking it in a few weeks but need a spot of clarification on a couple of things.
Thank you
Andy

Hey Andy - on the route now. Message if needed. It is so hot here I can not describe - and I’m an Australian.....)

Advertisment

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
Thank you
Andy
Walked it in '17.

Camino(s) past & future
2013-Frances SJP-Finisterre, 2015 Camino Le Puy-Santiago, 2017 Portugues Lisbon-Santiago 2018 Norte
Thank you
Andy
Hi I live in Mexico now. But if you live in the United States or Canada I can call you at no additional charges to you or me on my AT&T plan. I walked the entire route from Lisbon to Santiago Set/Oct 2017. Let me know how you would like to communicate.

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
april '2018'
Thanks everyone for your help.. I've got the info I need.. a pleasant walk from Porto and then on to Finisterre sounds like a good plan.. my excuse for not doing the full route is that I've already walked sjpdp to Santiago this year so I can treat myself to a shorter adventure... Time to get blogging again !!

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
There's no such thing as a full route, so no need to justify anything... It starts at your door :)
Porto - Santiago is an amazing route, you will love it! Ah, food portions in Portugal are bigger than in Spain ;)
Try the Francesinha, in Porto!

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
? route TBD for April (2019)
Thank you
Andy
Let me know how you fair @andywild. I’m trying to choose a route for next year

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-SJPDP (Apr-May 14),
Via de la Plata (Sep-Nov14),
Arles - SDC (Sept-Nov 15),
Lisbon-SDC 2017
Andy
I did it starting 1 Sept 2017. If you want road walking, this is the one for you. I am reminded of a man who commented that the amount of cobble gave him a new respect for tarmac. Temperatures were routinely in the 30s. Of the Le-Puy to SJPP, Via de la Plata-SDC, Arles-SDC, the Portuguese is my least favoured, although Porto to SDC was okay.
Bernice

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%