• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Having a problem with Orisson confirmation.

frannie z

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: 2022,2023
Over a month ago I received confirmation from the Orisson refuge that they received my request for a one night stay. No follow up for confirmation. I asked again last week for confirmation. No follow up. Any idea what's happening?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Over a month ago I received confirmation from the Orisson refuge that they received my request for a one night stay. No follow up for confirmation. I asked again last week for confirmation. No follow up. Any idea what's happening?
Did you receive a link to PayPal to make your deposit? If you did, and you paid, then the confirmation of payment is all that you need. Don't expect any further confirmation from Orisson.

Yeah, that's how,I remember it being when I stayed. By the way, best decision I ever took was not attempting to walk straight through to Roncesvalles from SJPDP! Have fun!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
They do seem to be a bit slow to respond. I sent my request in and got the booking confirmation and billing about 3 weeks later. I had a similar experience in past years.

I really think you will be ok.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Exactly the same with me. I guess I will find out in a couple days (10 May). Worst comes to worst, I'll get a taxi back to SJPP and try to find something else.

Yeah, that's how,I remember it being when I stayed. By the way, best decision I ever took was not attempting to walk straight through to Roncesvalles from SJPDP! Have fun!!!
I've done it both ways - walking through on the Valcarlos (due to unexpected poor weather) and staying the night in Orrison.

Honestly, the Valcarlos was doable in one day. Orrison was "Meh" - not as enjoyable as I expected.

The goal is to get to SdC, however you do it. Buen Camino!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
No I did not receive link from pay pal. Just notification that they received request
I have stayed there twice— the link for pay pal might be in a separate message and that might be in your spam folder— international mail often goes there, most notably my recent Portuguese train reservations which commonly can’t be put into Wallet features on cell phones, so I really needed the e-mail, and fortunately retrieved from spam. BTW, I distinctly remember there not being a reference to the word, Orisson, in the subject line. Instead it had the name of the man who took care of reservations (I can’t remember it, but definitely a French name). I would check spam from around the date you received the notice that they had your request and go forward from there. I hope all goes well with it!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Same with me Frannie , I received confirmation and then no more emails. I was expecting to receive one so I can pay. I too sent another one, just in case, but haven’t heard back.
I have booked another night in SJPDP just in case we arrive and they don’t have 2 beds, and thought I would use the taxi service to go back down to SJPDP and stay the night and then transfer back to Orisson the next day. I am interested in this thread , thank you.

Same with me Frannie , I received confirmation and then no more emails. I was expecting to receive one so I can pay. I too sent another one, just in case, but haven’t heard back.
I have booked another night in SJPDP just in case we arrive and they don’t have 2 beds, and thought I would use the taxi service to go back down to SJPDP and stay the night and then transfer back to Orisson the next day. I am interested in this thread , thank you.
Interesting that you would post this. As I need to change my original one night request. That said, I did check SPAM and it's not there. And I too am going to book another night in SJPDP [Sept. 20, 21} just in case. Thanks for posting. When are you going to be in Orisson?

No I did not receive link from pay pal. Just notification that they received request
I've stayed at Orisson on several occasions. I distinctly remember that when I didn't receive a link one year, I finally found the message with the link to Paypal in my spam folder; also that the subject line did NOT have a reference to Orrison-- it was from "SARL APATHIA" and the subject line was a reminder to pay the invoice (Rappel : vous devez régler cette facture). If you don't find it in your spam folder or elsewhere, I would write them again and explain that it might have gone to spam and been deleted accidentally. They are known to resend links.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Interesting that you would post this. As I need to change my original one night request. That said, I did check SPAM and it's not there. And I too am going to book another night in SJPDP [Sept. 20, 21} just in case. Thanks for posting. When are you going to be in Orisson?
Hi Frannie, I wrote to them again and heard back- thank you for suggesting that. We are there 26 th August, Buen Camino, happy walking

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back