• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Having painful blisters unable to walk and have 7 days left. Currently in Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
Going for Camino walk this Nov.
Buen Camino, after completing last 100km of Camino Frances on backpack, my toes are full of blisters and really painful. Been walking with blisters for past 3 days. I dont think I could take it anymore. But I have 7 days left that I plan for Santiago to Finisterra/Muxia. Is that any recommendation how should I spend my next 7 days? I am thinking to take a bus and spend 1 night in Finister and 1 night in Muxia. But I still have 5 nights left. Should I take a domestic flight to somewhere else or take bus to other camino route? I travelled very far fr Asia to here. What would you suggest? Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry to hear about your blisters. Many of us have experienced the same. Muxía and Finisterre are both worth visiting. If you still have five days left, and you haven’t spent time there, go to Madrid. It’s truly one of the magnificent capitals of the world. You can take the high speed train or fly there from Santiago. In addition to museums, you can find so many wonderful cafes and bars to sip coffee or vermouth. Tapas are great! Further, relatively cheap accommodations can be found in the heart of the city. Best wishes completing your journey.

You might take a bus to Finisterre and find a place to relax by the sea until your feet are better. Then take another bus to Muxia to relax a bit more. Both spots have many accommodation possibilities and handsome shorelines.

The choice is yours. Take care and Carpe diem.

There is a north - south rail link that goes through Santiago (which I will be using next week)

You could travel to Vigo which is a substantial seaport city with lots to see. Or if you go north you could go to A Coruna.

Some of the intermediate stations such as Padron or Pontevdra are good for half-days and can be combined.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ok, since a full camino is off the cards, just take a bus to Finesterre to enjoy the scenery and sea - then after some days a train from Santiago to Madrid. Or if you want to see a lot of scenery without being on your feet take the train to (say) San Sebastian. It's a long but really gorgeous journey. Whatever you do it would be hard to go wrong. Spain is a gorgeous place, with a lot to enjoy.

I am not into museum and cultures and food as I am veg but I really love beautiful sceneries.
I'm 'veg' too but find history, culture, and even food to be wonderful in Spain. Go eat Pimentos de Padron somewhere for starters. Yum! (But I am scratching my head to understand why being vegetarian has anything to do with appreciating culture and museums? I must be misunderstanding.)

What shoes/boots are you wearing? A pic would be nice. I did take the bus to Fisterra/Finnesterre and
it was great!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is a north - south rail link that goes through Santiago (which I will be using next week)

You could travel to Vigo which is a substantial seaport city with lots to see. Or if you go north you could go to A Coruna.

Some of the intermediate stations such as Padron or Pontevdra are good for half-days and can be combined.
One of the children I'm teaching here in Spain said the highlight of Christmas for her is a visit to Vigo for the Christmas lights.

Agree with the comments so far: take a bus to Fisterra and bus to Muxia… there are also tour companies offering more scenic bus tours to those destinations…

Santiago itself is plenty for 2-3 nights! Don’t rush Santiago! If weather is good, Alameda Park is a short walk from the cathedral and offers beautiful view of the Cathedral. Cathedral rooftop tour is also highly recommended by people although I haven’t been yet, it was raining!

Another tour that is offered a lot in Santiago is tour of the Rias Baixas area: so you will see fishing villages, mussel farms, some Albariño wineries etc. I have done similar visit but independently as I had a car with me, beautiful 😍

Also info about vegetarian food copied/pasted from another thread:
Typical vegetarian dishes that are very widely available in Spain include paella de verduras, parrillada de verduras, tortilla de patatas, patatas bravas, gazpacho and other soups, etc. And that's just at standard restaurants. Then there are vegetarian and/or vegan restaurants, and there are seven of these just in Santiago, for example.

For @ManiBaskaran, my favourite veg places in Santiago are Green House, Entre Pedras and Porta Verde.

One of the children I'm teaching here in Spain said the highlight of Christmas for her is a visit to Vigo for the Christmas lights.
I saw it on IG!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino, after completing last 100km of Camino Frances on backpack, my toes are full of blisters and really painful. Been walking with blisters for past 3 days. I dont think I could take it anymore. But I have 7 days left that I plan for Santiago to Finisterra/Muxia. Is that any recommendation how should I spend my next 7 days? I am thinking to take a bus and spend 1 night in Finister and 1 night in Muxia. But I still have 5 nights left. Should I take a domestic flight to somewhere else or take bus to other camino route? I travelled very far fr Asia to here. What would you suggest? Thanks.
Where are you flying back from?

I would agree on Vigo. If you really like scenery, from Vigo you can take a ferry out to the islands off northwest Spain. Very beautiful seascapes!

I am not into museum and cultures and food as I am veg but I really love beautiful sceneries.
Since you have come so far from Asia, here is a map of the network of the national routes of the Spanish ALSA bus company. No walking, no museums, and a rather limited offer in the way of cultures and food on their buses but plenty of scenery.

Compare the map with one of the maps of All The Caminos posted in reply to one of your questions in another thread and you will see that you can travel along at least one or two of them during the time that remains. Buen viaje!

(Click to enlarge)
Alsa network.jpg

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ok, since a full camino is off the cards, just take a bus to Finesterre to enjoy the scenery and sea - then after some days a train from Santiago to Madrid. Or if you want to see a lot of scenery without being on your feet take the train to (say) San Sebastian. It's a long but really gorgeous journey. Whatever you do it would be hard to go wrong. Spain is a gorgeous place, with a lot to enjoy.

I'm 'veg' too but find history, culture, and even food to be wonderful in Spain. Go eat Pimentos de Padron somewhere for starters. Yum! (But I am scratching my head to understand why being vegetarian has anything to do with appreciating culture and museums? I must be misunderstanding.)
Yes it is typo and has nothing to do with each other. Sorry. I am just very tired after long walk. I have short legs and I walk very slow. So I click on average 50,000 steps per day. Well I do respect cultures and museums a lot. But as I have very limited time, I prefer to spend time with nature. Sorry about the typo.

What shoes/boots are you wearing? A pic would be nice. I did take the bus to Fisterra/Finnesterre and
it was great!!!!
I didn't wear a pair of proper shoes. I will take picture tomorrow. It is jsut normal shoes. I bought proper shoes before but it was too heavy and stiff to protect ankles so I didn't bring. I wear something light without ankle support and soft. Many pilgms that walked pass me or walked with me say my shoes are the problem. I did toes taping too. I think I tape wrongly. Didn't tape full so make it worse. The untape area has huge blisters. I put dry powder too and thick merino wool shocks that hug tied. Not sure if because of raining. So the socks n shoes are all wet. Many frictions.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not sure if because of raining. So the socks n shoes are all wet.
Certainly a contributing factor. Can’t help it if it persistently rains the whole day. But it’s a good idea to have spare pair of socks so you can change when you stop for coffee.

Today I was actually, looking on pub Med for any published academic papers on injuries along the Camino… someone actually had done a survey of socks vs blisters… and the conclusion was that, it doesn’t really matter if your socks are made of wool vs synthetic, the risk factor for blisters is if the socks get wet… (I can post the link to the paper here if people are interested)

If by “proper shoes” you mean hiking boots, then you will find many opinions here… many will say a good pair of trail runners is more than sufficient. Some even swear by sandals! Whatever your footwear of choice is, they need to fit well. Too tight and your toes will cry and get blisters. Too loose and your feet will slide forward on the downhills and the balls of your feet will get blisters. Also your feet swell up after hours of walking, so you may need to adjust the laces. Ahhh the joys of Camino 😅

I am taking full day local tour to Finisterra Muxia and local proximity tomorrow. If my toes are better, I will walk the Camino to Finisterra from the day after tomorrow, didn't continue to Muxia. Thanks.
You have done very well indeed to cover 50,000 steps per day with many frictions. On Camino I often do 40,000 per day - but with no frictions; and that is enough. There is no need to make a holiday into an endurance test. Take the bus tour, then take another bus tour, then sit in front of the cathedral watching pilgrims arrive and enjoy being in Santiago. A day in quiet contemplation can be as rewarding as a day of frantic activity.

I hope your feet recover soon.

I am taking full day local tour to Finisterra Muxia and local proximity tomorrow. If my toes are better, I will walk the Camino to Finisterra from the day after tomorrow,
Wonderful idea!
Your shoes could well be the issue, so I hope you have something else to wear until those blisters heal, even just Crocs. Toe blisters are so painful.

If the blisters are between the toes, you may just need more space. Extra-wide shoes or sandals (like Keens) are a godsend!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I didn't wear a pair of proper shoes. I will take picture tomorrow. It is jsut normal shoes. I bought proper shoes before but it was too heavy and stiff to protect ankles so I didn't bring. I wear something light without ankle support and soft. Many pilgms that walked pass me or walked with me say my shoes are the problem. I did toes taping too. I think I tape wrongly. Didn't tape full so make it worse. The untape area has huge blisters. I put dry powder too and thick merino wool shocks that hug tied. Not sure if because of raining. So the socks n shoes are all wet. Many frictions.
I thought maybe you were wearing too heavy of boots. Doesn't sound like that's the case.

Go to a spa and relax. I went to one nearby for several days. Had massages and recovery time. 😊

First of all I congratulate you for getting to Santiago .. what I would have done is found a lovely spot by the seafront and soaked my feet in there on a daily basis as I understand salt water is good for you , after a few days feeling much better then I would have gone to Madrid to chill out before returning home ..if you not got your compostela yet then by all means get the bus to finish off your camino ..

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I didn't see anyone else mention Compeed, so I will. Compeed blister "pads" are amazing: They are like an artificial callus; they stay on through walking and showers for at least a week, and really work. I only had a couple blisters, but they stopped them from being a problem.

I just spent three nights in Muxia and will spend two nights in Finistere. I was wondering what I will ‘do’ with all that spare time but found it to be the perfect way to integrate my Camino experience. Each day has unfolded quite naturally and been absolutely delightful - time has become irrelevant. I have met a number of other pilgrims. For example last night a young Italian man was at my albergue and we have spent the most of the day together just talking and then going down to the beach.
Personally I couldn’t think of anything worse than travelling further but others of course are different. I would also consider that tour of the wine and fishing regions that was mentioned in another post.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@shinta_narulita Get a bus to Ourense (Orense), spend a couple of days with your feet in the hot springs and take it easy. If you are in pain I wouldn't go wandering to Finisterre or Muxia, walking more will just add more damage.

As for walking shoes I have tried several.

My first Camino I used a set of cheap (£35) Decathlon suede walking shoes. Not waterproof and not designed for 20 mile days. I wore the first pair out by Ponferrada. Bought a second pair there and they got me to Santiago.

Second Camino I went for Karrimor Bodmin IV and they were very good. 20-25 mile days without issue, but the soles wore through inside a year.

I have never had blisters while on Camino. I wear proper wicking, walking socks. I cream my feet with cracked heel foot cream 2-3 times day. Wash socks daily. A couple of times a day i will take my shoes and socks off and let my feet breathe. Doing that I have walked many 100s of miles, with heavy packs and never had a blister.

Not getting blisters is as much about actively dealing with your foot health as it is having good fitting shoes/boots suitable for the task.

So consider your current experience if you do decide to do your "Walk all Caminos" plan. You are going to need good shoes or boots if you want to walk 54,000 km, not to mention better procedures for dealing with foot health.

Sorry about your feet. I was the same the first time I arrived in Santiago. :( Yes, take the bus or the train to where ever you want to go! Spain is beautiful! Or rent a car. :) I recommend Leon and Burgos.

I had terrible blister issues on my second Camino. My solution for a few days was to ditch my boots and wear my crocks with double socks.
Worked great, pressure was on a different part of my feet and I walked probably 150 kilometers in them until I was able to buy other trail shoes.

Last edited:
Sorry about your feet. I was the same the first time I arrived in Santiago. :( Yes, take the bus or the train to where ever you want to go! Spain is beautiful! Or rent a car. :) I recommend Leon and Burgos.
If you rent a car you could visit the picas de Europa for some really beautiful scenery.

First I would go to an emergency room and get properly patched up. You going to have to get through airports in a few days so you need to make sure your ready. With that knowledge you'll know if you should completely stay off your feet or participate in more strenuous activity that others have suggested.

Sorry to hear about your blisters. Many of us have experienced the same. Muxía and Finisterre are both worth visiting. If you still have five days left, and you haven’t spent time there, go to Madrid. It’s truly one of the magnificent capitals of the world. You can take the high speed train or fly there from Santiago. In addition to museums, you can find so many wonderful cafes and bars to sip coffee or vermouth. Tapas are great! Further, relatively cheap accommodations can be found in the heart of the city. Best wishes completing your journey.
I just spent 2 nights in Madrid before returning home after walking all but the last 100 km's to Santiago. I wanted to save that for my next year visit to the Camino. Where did you stay that was reasonable? Was it in the Plaza Major area? I had a great place next to the airport for my last night but couldn't find a reasonable (private room) hotel in the city center.
Also, FYI the Reina Sofia Museum was magnificent if you like 20th century art. I loved the Prado when I went a few years back but was pleasantly surprised by the less mentioned Reina Sofia. And you are so right about the bars ad restaurants there! Love Madrid!
And also, also, I had multi-blisters on top of blisters while walking. I found that moleskin worked the best for me. I brought it with me and glad I did because I never spotted it in the pharmacies I went into while walking the Camino. I never asked for any but it wasn't with the Compeed or bandages.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If your feet are painful and you cannot walk through a town/city or through museums etc., perhaps you’d like to stay a few days at this place: The Little Fox House http://www.thelittlefoxhouse.com/ . It is near Muxia. I’ve never been there but have read nice things about it on other Camino forums.

@shinta_narulita Get a bus to Ourense (Orense), spend a couple of days with your feet in the hot springs and take it easy. If you are in pain I wouldn't go wandering to Finisterre or Muxia, walking more will just add more damage.

My first Camino I used a set of cheap (£35) Decathlon suede walking shoes. Not waterproof and not designed for 20 mile days. I wore the first pair out by Ponferrada. Bought a second pair there and they got me to Santiago.

Second Camino I went for Karrimor Bodmin IV and they were very good. 20-25 mile days without issue, but the soles wore through inside a year.

I have never had blisters while on Camino. I wear proper wicking, walking socks. I cream my feet with cracked heel foot cream 2-3 times day. Wash socks daily. A couple of times a day i will take my shoes and socks off and let my feet breathe. Doing that I have walked many 100s of miles, with heavy packs and never had a blister.

Not getting blisters is as much about actively dealing with your foot health as it is having good fitting shoes/boots suitable for the task.

So consider your current experience if you do decide to do your "Walk all Caminos" plan. You are going to need good shoes or boots if you want to walk 54,000 km, not to mention better procedures for dealing with foot health.

Oh the hot springs at Oursense are fabulous.

About the hot springs others are suggesting - they are fine if your blisters are not deroofed and open. If so forget it, unless you want to risk an infection. The sea may or may not be another story, depending on the proximity of dwellings with septic systems.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I didn't see anyone else mention Compeed, so I will. Compeed blister "pads" are amazing: They are like an artificial callus; they stay on through walking and showers for at least a week, and really work. I only had a couple blisters, but they stopped them from being a problem.
Thanks. I have them. Have not used. Someone gave it to me last night. Thanks for this. I didn't know that I do not need to take out during shower. I thought I have to change everyday. I will try it out tomorrow. I am going for the Camino again. All the private albergues are closed. Hotel is not so nearby. So I was suggested to stay in the municipal. But still not all stop are open. Only Negreira, Olveiroa, Corcubion and Finister.

Agree with the comments so far: take a bus to Fisterra and bus to Muxia… there are also tour companies offering more scenic bus tours to those destinations…

Santiago itself is plenty for 2-3 nights! Don’t rush Santiago! If weather is good, Alameda Park is a short walk from the cathedral and offers beautiful view of the Cathedral. Cathedral rooftop tour is also highly recommended by people although I haven’t been yet, it was raining!

Another tour that is offered a lot in Santiago is tour of the Rias Baixas area: so you will see fishing villages, mussel farms, some Albariño wineries etc. I have done similar visit but independently as I had a car with me, beautiful 😍

Also info about vegetarian food copied/pasted from another thread:
I think I will end my walk at Finisterra and I will have time to do this Rias Baixas. Yes heard about it. They have it this Friday 2nd Dec 2022. Thanks. I tried Entrada and A Porte Verde. Passed by vege house 2 days ago but too far fr cathedral. Maybe I will try when I return fr Finisterra. Hope I can find my way. I like Entrada. :) because I love hot meals and A porte is offering Asian vegetarian meal which I can cook myself and been eating a lot. Entrada is something unique for me. Thanks.

I just spent 2 nights in Madrid before returning home after walking all but the last 100 km's to Santiago. I wanted to save that for my next year visit to the Camino. Where did you stay that was reasonable? Was it in the Plaza Major area? I had a great place next to the airport for my last night but couldn't find a reasonable (private room) hotel in the city center.
Also, FYI the Reina Sofia Museum was magnificent if you like 20th century art. I loved the Prado when I went a few years back but was pleasantly surprised by the less mentioned Reina Sofia. And you are so right about the bars ad restaurants there! Love Madrid!
And also, also, I had multi-blisters on top of blisters while walking. I found that moleskin worked the best for me. I brought it with me and glad I did because I never spotted it in the pharmacies I went into while walking the Camino. I never asked for any but it wasn't with the Compeed or bandages.
Hi Jillian, We have always had very good luck finding very reasonably priced private accomodations near the Plaza Mayor. This past April, we stayed at the Hostal La Casa de la Plaza. Found it on Booking.com for just €40/night for two. Although on it’s own little plaza, it’s just a few meters away from the Plaza Mayor. Great location; clean, comfortable rooms. From this spot, one can stroll in almost any direction through wonderful neighborhoods. My new favorite spot, one that was recommended on this Forum, is the bar Los Gatos. This tiny little place was on our walk from the hotel to the Reina Sofia Museum. Wonderful tapas and vermouth on tap!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am unsure what the weather is like in December, but I would definitely check the weather at Finisterre/Muxia before heading there. My June-Oct experiences were totally different than my November experience when it was cold and rainy and it was so bad we couldn’t go outdoors. This could impact how many days you would spend their or it you want to go at all.

I stay at the last stamp. Perfect for me because I am not good with location. I need to stay somewhere easy to be found. Nearby airport, I stay at Lavacolla, walked 1km fr main road. Really nice private room and price is reasonable. :) food is not cheap but service is good.

Hello! So sorry you are in such pain. I think people have given you some very nice suggestions. The only thing I would add, after just completing the Camino this October, is to get the book, Fixing Your Feet, by John Vonhof (7th edition, and you can get it in Kindle). I have been using it for years to prevent blisters on long walks like the Camino and I’ve been very successful. I even taped my husband’s feet this year on the Camino (after the first day when he got two blisters and didn’t want more!). There also is great advice in the book in terms of treating blisters, and I always carried it all each day in case we needed to treat something immediately (which we did one day!). We both are 70+ in age and are able to prevent problems…so my guess is, everyone can!! Wishing you a nice conclusion to this incredible opportunity. You certainly can come back someday and do other parts. Don’t get discouraged about the next walk. There are great ways to prevent blisters even though you got them this time. Great job in all you have done!

This is a monastery that is being converted into hotel

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_193559.jpg
    IMG_20221126_193559.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Porto is 4 hour bus ride from Santiago. From there, Madrid is a short flight away.
After the Camino we spent 3 days in Porto and 3 days in Madrid, which worked out beautifully for us.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello! So sorry you are in such pain. I think people have given you some very nice suggestions. The only thing I would add, after just completing the Camino this October, is to get the book, Fixing Your Feet, by John Vonhof (7th edition, and you can get it in Kindle). I have been using it for years to prevent blisters on long walks like the Camino and I’ve been very successful. I even taped my husband’s feet this year on the Camino (after the first day when he got two blisters and didn’t want more!). There also is great advice in the book in terms of treating blisters, and I always carried it all each day in case we needed to treat something immediately (which we did one day!). We both are 70+ in age and are able to prevent problems…so my guess is, everyone can!! Wishing you a nice conclusion to this incredible opportunity. You certainly can come back someday and do other parts. Don’t get discouraged about the next walk. There are great ways to prevent blisters even though you got them this time. Great job in all you have done!
Great book. I have it downloaded on my kindle app. on my phone. It goes everywhere with me.

€46,-
I am taking full day local tour to Finisterra Muxia and local proximity tomorrow. If my toes are better, I will walk the Camino to Finisterra from the day after tomorrow, didn't continue to Muxia. Thanks.
If budget allows, buy some walking sandals and wear with wool socks, or two, as much as you can. Then enjoy walking in porto or pamplona.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another possibility is the Camino Inglés, either from A Coruña or Ferrol. Both have good bus or train connections to Santiago. Take a day or two in Santiago (worth spending time in) then head up to either of those two cities before starting to walk back to Santiago. You will then have completed one complete camino of the many you planned to walk in another post you put up.

There are plenty of places in Galicia that you can get a train or a bus to. Pontevedra is a lovely place to visit and the very old and picturesque village of Combarro is an hour’s walk or a short bus ride away. La Coruna is also an interesting City. I envy you your time there. I hope your blisters clear up.

Hi Jillian, We have always had very good luck finding very reasonably priced private accomodations near the Plaza Mayor. This past April, we stayed at the Hostal La Casa de la Plaza. Found it on Booking.com for just €40/night for two. Although on it’s own little plaza, it’s just a few meters away from the Plaza Mayor. Great location; clean, comfortable rooms. From this spot, one can stroll in almost any direction through wonderful neighborhoods. My new favorite spot, one that was recommended on this Forum, is the bar Los Gatos. This tiny little place was on our walk from the hotel to the Reina Sofia Museum. Wonderful tapas and vermouth on tap!
Thank you! I guess I wasn't looking at the right app. I was ticked at Booking for charging me for a night I didn't make it to the booking. I gave them 23 hours notice just under the cutoff. I think next year I will fly into Barcelona!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you very much for the warm camino spirit. I did the Fisterra route for 3 days. My blisters are manageable with double socks, first layer is toes shocks and followed by cushion shocks. And I put on tapes with cushions and baby dry powder too. I tied the shoe strings properly not too tight not to lose. All is good. I walked about 35km a day and finish it in 3 days. Extra days I spent in Finister and Muxia. Tomorrow going for a tour with catamaran and visit winery and wine tasting and the castles made by shells. The Rias Baixas and last day before flying in the evening I hope to attend the ceremony in the Cathedral as I will just be staying next to it at the old monastery that is converted to hosteria.

I was going to make the same recommendation about going to Ourense to soak in the hot springs. There is also fast train service.

Thank you very much for the warm camino spirit. I did the Fisterra route for 3 days. My blisters are manageable with double socks, first layer is toes shocks and followed by cushion shocks. And I put on tapes with cushions and baby dry powder too. I tied the shoe strings properly not too tight not to lose. All is good. I walked about 35km a day and finish it in 3 days. Extra days I spent in Finister and Muxia. Tomorrow going for a tour with catamaran and visit winery and wine tasting and the castles made by shells. The Rias Baixas and last day before flying in the evening I hope to attend the ceremony in the Cathedral as I will just be staying next to it at the old monastery that is converted to hosteria.

A couple of thing I learnt on my recent Camino.
1. Things have a way of working out
2. I can do more than the mind thinks I can

I’m so glad your last week has been good for you.
Buen Camino

I suggest looking up all the things you can do in Santiago - and do whichever things interest you. There are museums and churches to explore. Once you are done, spend a couple days in Finisterre an a couple in Muxia. Enjoy the seaside towns. More to do in Finisterre, Muxia is just gorgeous and peaceful - a perfect end to any Camino to rest and rejuvenate.

Stay at Es Canutells on the island of Menorca. Beautiful and restful. I can send details if interested. My wife and I went there after full Del Norte. Feliz Navidad.

@shinta_narulita did manage to walk to Finisterre as detailed in post #55

I’m really glad to hear that it’s worked out well for you. I hope you will be inspired to do more caminos in the future and this was just a “taster”, next time you will be the expert and know what to do re: footwear, foot care, meals, etc!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back