• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Having to bike part of the Camino due to knee problems?

Jakenmarie

Time of past OR future Camino
November (2013)
I have had several knee operations in my life. I have been training for the Camino for almost a year and am doing amazingly well.
However I would like to plan for the worst and figure that I might need to take weight off my knees and switch to a bike at some point.
It is my intention to start (walking) in France and go the 500 mile route.
Does anyone have are know a story of someone doing this?
Thank you all for reading and any insight you might have.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jakenmarie said:
I have had several knee operations in my life. I have been training for the Camino for almost a year and am doing amazingly well.
However I would like to plan for the worst and figure that I might need to take weight off my knees and switch to a bike at some point.
It is my intention to start (walking) in France and go the 500 mile route.
Does anyone have are know a story of someone doing this?
Thank you all for reading and any insight you might have.

Jakenmairie,

For information regarding pilgrims and knee injuries scan this Forum thread
medical-issues-on-the-pilgrimage/

For information regarding biking the Camino be sure to check out this Forum topic
biking-the-camino/

If you might bike check out the Bike-Lne Service especially for cyclists on the Camino Frances which lists those albergues which ARE definitely cyclist friendly. See >> http://bike-line.blogspot.com.es/ As you scan down the right hand column of the home page you will see PASAPORTE BIKELINE mentioned above a photo of a red guide book. Click on the photo and you will open the list.

Hope this info is helpful!

Buen Camino either on foot or pedaling,

Margaret Meredith

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back