• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Having trouble contacting Casa Fernanda

bhambetty

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto-Santiago 2013 & 2019
Hello all and I'm sorry if this question has been exhausted to death. I am trying to book with Casa Fernanda. I have the correct phone number but I am unable to call using my (USA) phone plan. Does anyone know if Fernanda or Jacinto use Whatsapp? Or if there is a different way of contacting them so I don't have to purchase an international plan to make one phone call? Any help is appreciated! I stayed with Fernanda in 2013 on my solo Camino and I really hope my husband gets to experience her hospitality on our couples camino next month!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Try contacting Alberthino through this forum, he is in frequent contact with Fernanda, and a few years ago was able to book for me.

Try contacting Alberthino through this forum, he is in frequent contact with Fernanda, and a few years ago was able to book for me.
Thank you. I tried contacting him but his privacy settings do not allow me to start a conversation with him.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We asked a man at our previous hotel to call and get her on the phone, then I talked to Fernanda. No problem.

We asked a man at our previous hotel to call and get her on the phone, then I talked to Fernanda. No problem.
I am doing the Portuguese (coastal or inland, not sure yet) in August, where is Casa Fernanda situated at ??

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will be able to call her when I arrive in PT on 16 June, but we want to stay with her on the 18th. Do you think that's enough advance notice?

I am doing the Portuguese (coastal or inland, not sure yet) in August, where is Casa Fernanda situated at ??
I'm on the Norte now and don't have that info.

I will be able to call her when I arrive in PT on 16 June, but we want to stay with her on the 18th. Do you think that's enough advance notice?
Not sure, we did one day in advance and they filled up fast after we arrived. Some were turned away.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I bet you that she has WhatsApp. Give it a try.

I walked in September of last year and can't tell you what the statistics would be in June ( I think it's unpredictable from day to day, year to year ). I do know that Maria Fernanda was really genuinely upset at having to turn pilgrims away the evening I was there. Her place's reputation has grown and lots of pilgrims seek her out. I would try to connect a few weeks before if not possible to connect sooner. check your PM

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you. I tried contacting him but his privacy settings do not allow me to start a conversation with him.
I am sorry you could not reach me. Do not know what's wrong with my privat settings.
You allways can reach me by a conversation just click on my avatar and send a message.
Since I walked the caminho this year april-I stayed some days at Fernanda's - I am busy building a new house so that could be the reason I missed out some threads in which Fernanda is involved.
I have regular contact with Fernanda and Jacinto by the way.
I hope anyway you found your place at Fernanda's and enjoyed it.
Bom caminho

This is too late for the OP, but I make very cheap calls to landlines using the Viber app. You can make free calls to other Viber users, or buy Viber credits to make calls to anyone in the world very cheaply. Calls from the US to Spain are only 2¢ a minute.

I also use Viber to call albergues while I'm on the Camino to make reservations.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back