• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hawaii Pilgrim

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, but I have to first discover whether I am a lone wolf or if there are others like me out there. Kind of I Am Legend, without being a legend.
😂
Hilo/Volcano peregrina here. But I don't count since I only get home once a year, if I'm lucky. Now very far awwy, probably until next year. I know there are a few folks here from Hawai'i, mostly Honolulu.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Aloha, Yes! We actually started an unofficial group on the big island. We call ourselves the Camino Chicks.
Heather, I've started the process of becoming a real chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. Want to meet on Zoom? Would a short meeting this Saturday be too soon?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
😂
Hilo/Volcano peregrina here. But I don't count since I only get home once a year, if I'm lucky. Now very far awwy, probably until next year. I know there are a few folks here from Hawai'i, mostly Honolulu.
VN, I've scheduled a quick zoom meeting for this tentative ohana for tomorrow morning. It would be 0930 here, I can't imagine what time for you. I can send you the link if you like, would love to chat live.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m interested in starting a Hawaii chapter of the American Friends of the Camino. Any Hawaiian pilgrims out there?
I just recently joined this forum and am planning my first (short) camino this April. I live on Oahu and would love to connect!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In case anyone missed it, the next Ohana o Camino de Santiago meeting is tonight at 7 p.m.

Kathleen Foote is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Ohana o Camino de Santiago
Time: Feb 25, 2022 07:00 PM Hawaii

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 847 3973 5940
Passcode: 262293
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,84739735940#,,,,*262293# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,84739735940#,,,,*262293# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 847 3973 5940
Passcode: 262293
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdz2A6Tsv

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
To start a chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino, we need a minimum number of participants and at least 3 co-chairs to be in charge. Let me know if you are interested in being part of this group. Of course, we will meet online in order to reach all the islands. Perhaps, we can set a tentative, regular meeting date of the fourth Thursday of each month. Any objections? That would make the next meeting Thursday, March 24, at 7 p.m. on Zoom.

Aloha from Waikiki! I missed this thread earlier. I like the idea of a Friends group in the islands. I’ll keep watching this thread if people ever decide to meet in person.

(I hate zoom with a burning passion - I think I overdosed on videoconferencing at work).

Aloha from Waikiki! I missed this thread earlier. I like the idea of a Friends group in the islands. I’ll keep watching this thread if people ever decide to meet in person.

(I hate zoom with a burning passion - I think I overdosed on videoconferencing at work).
Aloha, MichaelC. I'm in Ewa Beach. Let's get together!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Aloha, MichaelC. I'm in Ewa Beach. Let's get together!
I'll PM you with my contact info! I'm in Waikiki, no car ... do you ever come into town?

I work for the government, so I have negative-zero time until the legislative season ends. After mid May I'll have a normal life & be able to socialize again.

HI, Michael, so nice to hear from you. I understand about needing to wait for the session to end - I'm on the neighborhood Board here in Ewa Beach.
I come into town fairly often, although not every day!

HI, Michael, so nice to hear from you. I understand about needing to wait for the session to end - I'm on the neighborhood Board here in Ewa Beach.
I come into town fairly often, although not every day!
Aloha Kathy,

My name is Jim, I live here on the North Shore of Kauai. I'm due to start from SJPP on May 7, just a couple weeks away. I'll be back in mid-June. Will follow to see if this group ever takes off! - Jim

€46,-
Lol, I KNEW there were pilgrims from Hawaii. We're so spread out, it's hard to get a handle on where everyone is.
Welcome, new people, old people, experienced pilgrims and newbies. It's so nice to hear a familiar "Buen Camino" out in the middle of the Pacific!!

Lol, I KNEW there were pilgrims from Hawaii. We're so spread out, it's hard to get a handle on where everyone is.
Welcome, new people, old people, experienced pilgrims and newbies. It's so nice to hear a familiar "Buen Camino" out in the middle of the Pacific!!
Aloha Kathy, back from my CF, now with 2 more caminos in planning for 2023 ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am the lead organizer of the Over 60's meetup on Oahu. I think there would be interest from some of our members in hiking part of the camino.. I was thinking of doing the Camino Portugues from Porto

I am the lead organizer of the Over 60's meetup on Oahu. I think there would be interest from some of our members in hiking part of the camino.. I was thinking of doing the Camino Portugues from Porto
I’m on the BI. We started a Camino hiking group here. We hike and share food and stories after. By the way, I cycled from Porto to Santiago in September 2023. Bom Caminho

Hi, Janice and all!
I was able to walk the CP from Oporto in October 2022 and it was quite the experience. My other Caminos have been from San Jean and from Lourdes, both to Santiago.
However, I have just moved from Hawaii to Germany!! Military. Sorry I could not have gotten this organized while I was still in Hawaii.
However, you don't have to live in a place to participate at that place virtually. I'm still all in favor of a Hawaii Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’m on the BI. We started a Camino hiking group here. We hike and share food and stories after. By the way, I cycled from Porto to Santiago in September 2023. Bom Caminho
In HPP near Hilo house sitting; any B.I. Pilgrim meetup soon?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sadly, no. I will likely be back in November, though, and try to rally a hiking/Camino discussion group then.

Hello, yes i'm interested, I'm on Maui and I've been in the forum and youtubes, dreaming of going for most of my adult life. I do now have my ticket, will leave Maui for Madrid Aug 29.Aloha, Kathryn
Hey, Hula Girl, welcome and congrats on taking the big step of hitting “buy” on that plane ticket. I tried to start the group when I lived on Oahu, got some interest from people on the Big Island, but now live in Germany (military). I did the CP last October in time to have it count as a Holy Year. Next Saturday I leave for Santiago to volunteer at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago.
I’m excited for you for your first Camino - I know it was an impossible dream of mine for years, also.
Let me know how I can help if you need anything. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey, Hula Girl, welcome and congrats on taking the big step of hitting “buy” on that plane ticket. I tried to start the group when I lived on Oahu, got some interest from people on the Big Island, but now live in Germany (military). I did the CP last October in time to have it count as a Holy Year. Next Saturday I leave for Santiago to volunteer at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago.
I’m excited for you for your first Camino - I know it was an impossible dream of mine for years, also.
Let me know how I can help if you need anything. Buen Camino!
Thank you Kathy,Ill be interested in your experience volunteering, may you enjoy it immensely!My anxiety now is around landing in madrid and finding a place to recover from very long flight with stop overs and then find my footing to the trail.Once im on the trail I almost feel as if I've been there since have read & watched so much.Aloha

Thank you Kathy,Ill be interested in your experience volunteering, may you enjoy it immensely!My anxiety now is around landing in madrid and finding a place to recover from very long flight with stop overs and then find my footing to the trail.Once im on the trail I almost feel as if I've been there since have read & watched so much.Aloha
So what is your plan? Are you walking the Camino Frances or a different Camino? Where do you want to start from? Taking some time to regroup in Madrid is, of course, an excellent idea.

My plan is to start in Viana that little area before Lagrono.So that is the 7th phase and I like 7's, feels right to start there, from there I am giving myself 6 weeks as I do not plan to be in a hurry and I plan on rest days.I will be celebrating my 80th birthday,nothing like toping it off with an adventure of a lifetime.That little town may not even have a bus or train stop,might you remember?

€83,-
Stop thinking of any particular place as a particular stage (phase, if I'm understanding you correctly), since the Camino is not now nor has ever been a race (except for those with a predetermined flight back home) , It took me 8 days to get to Viana from SJPdP on my first Camino because I stayed an extra day in Estella due to blisters from very, very rain soaked feet.
I think 6 weeks is a reasonable amount of time from there to Santiago. I don't remember a train station in Viana, there might have been a bus stop. At any rate, there are always taxis.
You'll be heading into La Rioja and what a beautiful place that is. Then, the Meseta, one of my favorite areas of the CF - easy, peaceful. Beware of the heat, carry a decent amount of water. Take advantage of rest areas.
How are you going to get from Madrid to Viana?

Stop thinking of any particular place as a particular stage (phase, if I'm understanding you correctly), since the Camino is not now nor has ever been a race (except for those with a predetermined flight back home) , It took me 8 days to get to Viana from SJPdP on my first Camino because I stayed an extra day in Estella due to blisters from very, very rain soaked feet.
I think 6 weeks is a reasonable amount of time from there to Santiago. I don't remember a train station in Viana, there might have been a bus stop. At any rate, there are always taxis.
You'll be heading into La Rioja and what a beautiful place that is. Then, the Meseta, one of my favorite areas of the CF - easy, peaceful. Beware of the heat, carry a decent amount of water. Take advantage of rest areas.
How are you going to get from Madrid to Viana?
I do not know how I willget from madrid to viana.Thanks for sharing your experience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.