Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino He said, She said...

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
Hola mis gentes!

After one week of resting up and enjoying the culture in Oveido, came Friday morning...
He said: So! Are we going to Cudillero today?
She said: How about starting the Primitivo and see how far we get. 😁

We were happy getting just halfway through the first stage, since we didn't train much at all before. The humidity was pretty high so we stopped overnight in Los Regueros where, they serve a lovely salad and yummy Chipirones Fritos!
Screenshot_20190810-143955.png

Leaving early enough to get a fun shadow shot with my guy. On the way to Grado we met up with all kinds of Peregrinos and weekend warriors, on this very pleasant, not as humid or strenuous as yesterday's walk.
Screenshot_20190810-145038.png

By the way around 13:30, the Albergue de Peregrinos in Grado had only 2 beds left. We walked up with a French man and told him to go for it. Got 2 of 4 remaining beds in Albergue La Quintana.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola mis gentes!

After one week of resting up and enjoying the culture in Oveido, came Friday morning...

We were happy getting just halfway through the first stage, since we didn't train much at all before. The humidity was pretty high so we stopped overnight in Los Regueros where, they serve a lovely salad and yummy Chipirones Fritos!
View attachment 62325

Leaving early enough to get a fun shadow shot with my guy. On the way to Grado we met up with all kinds of Peregrinos and weekend warriors, on this very pleasant, not as humid or strenuous as yesterday's walk.
View attachment 62326

By the way around 13:30, the Albergue de Peregrinos in Grado had only 2 beds left. We walked up with a French man and told him to go for it. Got 2 of 4 remaining beds in Albergue La Quintana.
Did I meet you two yesterday at Los Rugueros??

Yes, Rosemary! How's it going for you? We left Grado this morning and are back in Oviedo, gearing up for starting another Camino. 👣

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola mis gentes!

View attachment 62325

View attachment 62326

Hi dear
Thanks for the photos and all the beautiful places
You have visited during your trip.
God bless you and all with you up there.
Keep informing us. Love you
Aunt Cuchy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Laurie, It's about halfway between Oviedo and Grado, around Escamplero. Restaurant and Accomodation around the corner from the Albergue de Peregrinos.
Screenshot_20190812-162630.png

@peregrina2000, that's it Laurie! Yes... the same place. ;)

Well, we're going to take a little hike into the local mountain to check out (yet another UNESCO site) two pre-Romanesque churches:
and

Also, should anyone want to stay someplace close to the center of Oviedo, I very highly recommend "Marco's" Airbnb:

EDIT:
Next hike https://www.wikiloc.com/hiking-trai...ranco-san-miguel-de-lillo-escamplero-39661911

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Woke up this morning and could barely put any weight on my left foot heel without pain. It just seemed to get more painful through our morning outing so, we headed back. Apparently because of the many days of walking on these hard stone streets in my flat sandals, I developed Plantar Fasciitis. ☹️ This is a bummer because, it could keep me from doing Camino. I wrapped my foot and laid down most of the day. Anyway, tomorrow (Lord Willing) we'll take the train to Gijón again, where I can buy some proper support walking shoes.
Fingers crossed that it works out.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Woke up this morning and could barely put any weight on my left foot heel without pain. It just seemed to get more painful through our morning outing so, we headed back. Apparently because of the many days of walking on these hard stone streets in my flat sandals, I developed Plantar Fasciitis. ☹ This is a bummer because, it could keep me from doing Camino. I wrapped my foot and laid down most of the day. Anyway, tomorrow (Lord Willing) we'll take the train to Gijón again, where I can buy some proper support walking shoes.
Fingers crossed that it works out.
Praying for you all. 😘🙏

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.