• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heading Out to Le Puy

gavin01

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy(2015), Arles (2016)
I'm leaving for Le Puy in 4 hours to start my walk to Saint Jean Pied de Port for part one of my 2 year Camino project. I'll be blogging my experiences at www.gavineyre.com (tumblr blog name gavinwalking) if anyone is interested in following me. If some things are of a more general interest I'll post them here; I dont want to deluge the group with routine photos...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm leaving for Le Puy in 4 hours to start my walk to Saint Jean Pied de Port for part one of my 2 year Camino project. I'll be blogging my experiences at www.gavineyre.com (tumblr blog name gavinwalking) if anyone is interested in following me. If some things are of a more general interest I'll post them here; I dont want to deluge the group with routine photos...
I'll be waiting, gavin01

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Look forward to reading your blog.
We begin August 28th to SJPP.
Bom Chemin!

I'am leaving on saturday for Le Puy and will start my walk on sunday after the mess. I'dont think I will catch up but maybe you can give some actual informations!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you for posting; I will be following you. This is my favorite Camino and I hope that you find the it as enjoyable as I did.

We leave Atlanta for Le Puy on July 7. Looking forward to reading your blog. Here's hoping you have great weather.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We have been reading your blog and have enjoyed it. I was sad yesterday when there was nothing, but understand why now. Your photos are wonderful and we look forward to our arrival in a couple of months.
Bon Chemin

If anyone wants to friend me on face book, I'm Gavin.eyre@gmail.com. I appreciate the comments as I'm walking most of time alone and I like having virtual companions.

We have no Facebook..but continue to enjoy your blog...
You ask, what is a retired person who can be doing anything; doing in France in the rain? I suppose looking for an adventure and enjoying the freedom??
Bon Chemin.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
2013 Camino Francis
2016 Le puy - can't wait!!

We continue to enjoy your beautiful photos and tips.
Do you speak French? We are practicing daily, but know it will still be hard for us to understand, but hope to at least be able to communicate a little.

Hi Gavin, enjoying your blog and beautiful photo's. Also good to know where you stay (brings back memories). Bonne chemin.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Gavin, I am really enjoying your blog. If its possible could you please include some photos and descriptions of the food you're eating? Thanks. That would make it complete for me! I hope to do three weeks of the Le Puy route next June.

Gavin, I am really enjoying your blog. If its possible could you please include some photos and descriptions of the food you're eating? Thanks. That would make it complete for me! I hope to do three weeks of the Le Puy route next June.
Thank you Gavin! I love those food photos! It looks like you're eating very well. Keep up the good work.

ps: loved the dog photo, too!

Great blog @gavin.
We enjoyed reading it and loved viewing your photos. Funny thing...we wondered what camera you had and then some one asked on your blog and you responded. Our son had just gotten the same camera and was encouraging us to do the same.

I will be leaving from Le Puy Sept 9th for SJPP. I finished Camino Frances July 5, 2015. Love the pain!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back