• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heading to Limoges this afternoon

futurefjp

Camino enthusiast.
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi,
Got a cheap flight from Leeds to Limoges so ...
Going out on the route for a few weeks heading towards SJPdP - wondering if there is anyone else heading from tomorrow (29th August) on wards?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi

This is the route that is beginning to sneak into my mind when I think about 'next year's' Camino (I'm walking from Madrid next week). So best wishes for a wonderful camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Limoges: welcome and hospitality

The fraternity of Limoges was founded on April 18, 2006, at the call of Monseigneur Christophe Dufour and the diocese. It is located in the old monastery of the Poor Clares, at the foot of the cathedral, in a crossroads rich in restaurants and frequented by walkers, tourists, young people, pilgrims. In front of the house are the museum, the botanical gardens and the bishopric. There is a lot of passage on the newly developed place (it covers a very old paleochristian baptistery). Many young people circulate in the neighborhood that is their favorite at the time of hazing, as well as the club nearby.
The project of this house is to " Make this space conducive to living together meaning hospitality and hospitality ". It took shape with the residents of the relay house, the welcome of pilgrims on the way to Compostela.

Sisters Nelly and Gisèle
Another project is currently being thought of in the former chapel of the Poor Clares: its goal: Informing - Welcoming - Listening by associating several proposals: art and culture, communication, reflection groups, place of exchange where fraternity will bring the Franciscan mark which has always colorful this place.
The fraternity welcomes the pilgrims and ensures the maintenance of the rooms.
  • A sister is in contact with the chaplaincy group of the psychiatric hospital, the team of the Diocesan Information-Communication Service, the brotherhoods ..., the link with the neighborhood association. At La Maison Relais she provides coordination and links with the community in the daily, monthly open tables, accompanying the garden workshop, participation in events.
  • a sister participates in the reception of families in mourning and the conduct of burials at the Sainte-Marie cathedral parish. At the Relais House: the table d'hôte "Tous à table" and the accompaniment of a resident.
  • a sister will provide literacy classes in association and academic support.

Sister Lionel
The sisters are very present at the relay house and with the residents try to bring out the small actions that make sense. In September 2010, the pilgrimage to Assisi with some of them was a highlight contributing to strengthen the already existing links and giving some people a strong sense of belonging to this religious family which bears for them the name "Les Clarisses ".

Sister M.Madeleine
To meet the fraternity of Limoges:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I had a break in Périgueux today. It's quite hot actually. I made myself ill yesterday by walking the distance from Sorges to Périgueux in five hours without stopping. But tomorrow onwards: there is a vintage fair in Périgueux ... Everything 1940s etc.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And now my arse is sore ... No need for any more details. Luckily ending today at Château de Puyferrat!

Tell me more? Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
Highlights?
Lowlights?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Tell me more? Did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
Highlights?
Lowlights?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back