• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heads-up: La Vuelta a España 2021: 14 Aug- 6 Sept

Zordmot

3rd CF in May 2022
Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2022
Heads-up! This year’s Vuelta bike race (think Tour de France) begins in Burgos and terminates in Santiago de Compostela. Aug 14-Sept 6. The map shows that the Vuelta will intersect various Caminos. This is a top world class race attracting fans from all over the world. Exciting to watch as a spectator, potentially frustrational for finding accommodation if your Camino intersects the race. Something to be aware of. Very very rare for this race to begin and end in CF cities!

Attachments

• 4C1F24DB-7375-4F44-A8B8-558A4F654F31.png
    4C1F24DB-7375-4F44-A8B8-558A4F654F31.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 5C634D35-C5C2-4659-BA2B-4573834BFF13.jpeg
    5C634D35-C5C2-4659-BA2B-4573834BFF13.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 40
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Heads-up! This year’s Vuelta bike race (think Tour de France) begins in Burgos and terminates in Santiago de Compostela. Aug 14-Sept 6. The map shows that the Vuelta will intersect various Caminos. This is a top world class race attracting fans from all over the world. Exciting to watch as a spectator, potentially frustrational for finding accommodation if your Camino intersects the race. Something to be aware of. Very very rare for this race to begin and end in CF cities! Great to watch on TV! Covered in the US on NBCSN

Heads-up! This year’s Vuelta bike race (think Tour de France) begins in Burgos and terminates in Santiago de Compostela. Aug 14-Sept 6. The map shows that the Vuelta will intersect various Caminos. This is a top world class race attracting fans from all over the world. Exciting to watch as a spectator, potentially frustrational for finding accommodation if your Camino intersects the race. Something to be aware of. Very very rare for this race to begin and end in CF cities! Great to watch on TV! Covered in the US on NBCSN
Screenshot_20210807-190725_La Vuelta.jpg

Tip to open...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first stage is an 8km time trial starting in the cathedral. It would be amazing to be able to time a Camino and see the world's best cyclist at the same time. Also, Burgos is timed just right for a day off.

Last edited:
Love the Vuelta and will be watching from the US. Wish I could be there to see the action in Santiago! Many of the GC riders finished the Tour and then flew off to Tokyo to compete in the Olympics - will be interesting to see how they are holding up for the Vuelta.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Heads-up! This year’s Vuelta bike race (think Tour de France) begins in Burgos and terminates in Santiago de Compostela. Aug 14-Sept 6. The map shows that the Vuelta will intersect various Caminos. This is a top world class race attracting fans from all over the world. Exciting to watch as a spectator, potentially frustrational for finding accommodation if your Camino intersects the race. Something to be aware of. Very very rare for this race to begin and end in CF cities!
A few more details. The first stage on Aug 14 is a circuit starting and ending at the cathedral in central Burgos. Expect many closed streets throughout the city and along the CF within the city center. The finish of the race is in front of the cathedral in Santiago on September 6. Again, expect many closed streets near the cathedral. The Vuelta will undoubtedly draw many more into Santiago so accommodations could be at a premium. For those of us not on Camino this will be “must see TV”.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.