• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heat heat and Heat

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Just an FYI for those starting the camino these days... it is HOT!

They talk about 45-50c in the south (Via de la plata).... between 35-40 along the other caminos.

Water, sun block and a hat. :)

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If what I've observed in the past is any true indicator...you guys are in for it!! We, in the States, have been sweltering in ungodly heat for the past few weeks. We've had highs I can hardly remember, up to 101 and 103 Farenheit! :shock: Hoping and praying that the ocean will cool it a tiny bit before it gets to you!

Wishing you a terrific summer on the Camio,
Karin

Haha, in the Antipodes it isn't like that. We have started this morning here in my little part of New Zealand with a boomer of a frost- -3C. White all over the lawns. But the sun is shining and I am heading out to the beach for a walk soon...
Margaret

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
After the heat, cooling with a bit of rain. Galicia is unpredictable!

out on the meseta the afternoon heat shuts down everything at about 1 p.m., except the harvesters. They´re cutting the grain from sunup to well after sundown, taking advantage of the dry weather to get in a good harvest. They´re also raising huge clouds of dust, which will continue right through September and turn the flatlands into a yellow-brown "desert" for a while.

Bring a bandana and cover your nose and mouth if you can. Almost all the Camino-route churches throughout Castilla y Leon are open every morning and afternoon, so pilgrims can come inside and soak up the cool.

hi Rebekah
you have such a skill to transfer feeling to the scene
you make the route come alive for me
you say it like nobody else can
thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
ivar said:
Just an FYI for those starting the camino these days... it is HOT!

They talk about 45-50c in the south (Via de la plata).... between 35-40 along the other caminos.

Water, sun block and a hat. :)

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Hi Ivar

Could you come with an update on the heat?

Bom Caminho ;D
Robert

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.