• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Heel Cracks

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
I have never had too much of an issue with heels getting so dry and hammered on that they crack at the seams.

I'm losing weight and trying to keep as healthy as possible, which means I'm on my feet a lot.

Can any of you kind souls share your foot remedies for this problem? It feels as though someone is throwing salt in an open wound. I will endure and survive this! By God, I will suffer and train and lose body weight, but any advice would be so much appreciated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Deb, yes...feeling empathy!!
I get them when it is cool/cold and dry. They can be quite deep--and of course they gape open every time there's weight on the foot. 'Ouch' doesn't convey the sensation.
Salt in the wound. Yes. Getting there.
I'm sorry to say I have no failsafe solutions for prevention--I've tried thick creams with socks at night, filing/trimmng the caluses, etc...to no avail.
What seems to work best on cracks that have already formed is antibiotic ointment and a decent band-aid.
And I had none on the Camino...guessing that the moisture in the shoes all day long was enough to keep them at bay. (Normally I walk around barefoot or in flip-flops most of the time.)

Assuming that it is not bleeding
(if it is, do not try any of this... it will then only succeed in getting the crack infected)

1) File down the edges of the crack, and the thick dry skin around (if any)
2) Apply a strip of Compeed or similar over it (blister patch)
3) Use sports-tape (or KT-tape) to "strap" your heel, so that it takes the some pressure of the now thinner skin
4) Rest the foot/feet for 4-5 days

other than that

Keep you heels moisturized, vaseline is great....

If the problem persists and/or you have had it for a while, some new shoes with a narrower fit for the base of your heel might help, not so narrow that it causes blisters or are uncomfortable..
The trick is to keep the tissue/fat pad of your heel from putting too much expanding pressure on your skin while it is healing, and after to keep filing "dead skin" off carefully and continue to moisturize your heel as dry skin cracks easier

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good luck. I'm a ceramic artist and my fingers crack, and then I put them back into clay, and it's a vicious cycle. I sympathize with you.
Sindre Sandvik's advice sounds good though.

They are not bleeding; it is such a new and narrow crack (fissure, ha ha...kind of ha ha) that I can't see it, but I know it's there (it is talking to me, and it is a bitter little voice, believe me).

After reading the remedies and considering my skin--as it is unique--here is my intention: I'm going to soak both heels in olive oil tonight. Yep. Olive oil.

Next, I'm going to use neosporin with vaseline base all around the edges of my heel. As an inside-out remedy, I'm going to drink a liter of water before bedtime (but before 8 pm, if you catch my drift), and I'm going to continue avoiding sugar and carbs in the form of rice / bread.

That way, I'll moisturize the dickens out of myself, while I continue to avoid the extra weight of body fat. By the way, I figured out how this happened: my heels were dry anyway, but then I packed 40 pounds of cat litter to the car, from the grocery store. I think that weight just pulled a "tomato is bursting" number on my pretty little feet (ha ha, another joke, if you know me and my big ol' feet).

Thanks. And Sindre: I'm going to duct tape the bottom of my heel, up to both ankles, to "hold" my skin tight. Very good suggestion.

I have never had too much of an issue with heels getting so dry and hammered on that they crack at the seams.

I'm losing weight and trying to keep as healthy as possible, which means I'm on my feet a lot.

Can any of you kind souls share your foot remedies for this problem? It feels as though someone is throwing salt in an open wound. I will endure and survive this! By God, I will suffer and train and lose body weight, but any advice would be so much appreciated.

Bag Balm, found at CVS and Walgreens, coat your feet after you shower and put some socks on, works wonders for cracked heels, can be used for other stuff as well.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
They are not bleeding; it is such a new and narrow crack (fissure, ha ha...kind of ha ha) that I can't see it, but I know it's there (it is talking to me, and it is a bitter little voice, believe me).

After reading the remedies and considering my skin--as it is unique--here is my intention: I'm going to soak both heels in olive oil tonight. Yep. Olive oil.

Next, I'm going to use neosporin with vaseline base all around the edges of my heel. As an inside-out remedy, I'm going to drink a liter of water before bedtime (but before 8 pm, if you catch my drift), and I'm going to continue avoiding sugar and carbs in the form of rice / bread.

That way, I'll moisturize the dickens out of myself, while I continue to avoid the extra weight of body fat. By the way, I figured out how this happened: my heels were dry anyway, but then I packed 40 pounds of cat litter to the car, from the grocery store. I think that weight just pulled a "tomato is bursting" number on my pretty little feet (ha ha, another joke, if you know me and my big ol' feet).

Thanks. And Sindre: I'm going to duct tape the bottom of my heel, up to both ankles, to "hold" my skin tight. Very good suggestion.

I use to have the same problem as A youngster running around without shoes or wearing sandles basically no socks or shoes. When it got real bad My fathers cure was bag balm & shoes, but that was the cure all for any skin ailments on a ranch. The problem how much bag balm are you willing to carry, but if you meet anyone with sore nipples you will be a hero.

Last edited:

This is an issue I have, my feet are pretty calloused and if I forget to care for them I get cracks in my heals, especially in the winter. If you catch it before it splits open, lotion once a day generally will keep it together. Before the Camino I just used what ever I had. I had packed a hotel room sized bottle when I started & somewhere along the way I ran out. When I went looking for another small bottle, the only thing the store I was in had was Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream- Concentrated. I think the "concentrated" part is why it worked so well. This stuff is thick. It worked great. I'm hoping they sell the same version of it here in the States. The fact that I still have some speaks to how well it worked.

If you are already bleeding from the cracks then best thing I have found is Neosporin +Pain relief. I use that if I end up with a bleeder. Also, I think wool socks help. Good luck, there is not an easy fix.

I use to have the same problem as A youngster running around without shoes or wearing sandles basically no socks or shoes. When it got real bad My fathers cure was bag balm & shoes, but that was the cure all for any skin ailments on a ranch. The problem how much bag balm are you willing to carry, but if you meet anyone with sore nipples you will be a hero.

They sell a small 1oz. tin of Bag Balm, I brought one for chafing relief, worked wonders for me.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5TSJJM/?tag=casaivar02-20

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is an issue I have, my feet are pretty calloused and if I forget to care for them I get cracks in my heals, especially in the winter. If you catch it before it splits open, lotion once a day generally will keep it together. Before the Camino I just used what ever I had. I had packed a hotel room sized bottle when I started & somewhere along the way I ran out. When I went looking for another small bottle, the only thing the store I was in had was Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream- Concentrated. I think the "concentrated" part is why it worked so well. This stuff is thick. It worked great. I'm hoping they sell the same version of it here in the States. The fact that I still have some speaks to how well it worked.

If you are already bleeding from the cracks then best thing I have found is Neosporin +Pain relief. I use that if I end up with a bleeder. Also, I think wool socks help. Good luck, there is not an easy fix.

Sounds very promising, along with the bag balm, which I have seen before! (we farm cattle)

No blood. I am hoping that I can get this under control fast.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Vaseline, once a day, all year, whether it's needed or not. :)

Super glue. Seriously-- put on a drop and pinch for an instant cure.

For prevention we have a grater which thins down the callouses, but superglue works once they crack.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Super glue. Seriously-- put on a drop and pinch for an instant cure.

For prevention we have a grater which thins down the callouses, but superglue works once they crack.

Sounds like a fast & dirty fix, I will keep that in mind, but this is why I use compeed, it also "knits" together the skin as long as you keep the pressure off the heel while the compeed bonds with the skin. Takes about 10 minutes or so, and then it stays in place for about a week before it lets go...

I have not tried the Superglue, but have read about it for cracked fingers!

Hiya Deb
[snip]

4. I also use a foot scraper. Be careful if your heels are deeply cracked. But I scrap them and then cover them in oil or cream.
Did this on the Camino too.
[snip]

If cracks are deep then caution is, as you say, warranted. I would still recommend filing it (the crack/fissure) down a bit along with the surrounding dead/calloused skin and then stuff the crack with vaseline (or similar) and use sports-tape (or KT-tape, which is awesome) to strap it. Or perhaps skip the vaseline and go straight for the superglue per. @newfydog suggestion ...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have not tried the Superglue, but have read about it for cracked fingers!

According to various myths and rumours I have heard (and movies) superglue was made to treat battle wounds for soldiers as a quick way to close wounds. If this was the intended use for super glue or of medics suddenly found out super glue could be used for this after it was invented I have no clue.

just a little off topic fun fact..

Thanks everyone--essential oils in my diet routinely include nuts and avocado, which I love (a bit too much). Processed food is nearly nil from my diet at this point; I mostly eat clean.

Heels are a bit better this morning. I sleep with coconut oil slathered on and cotton socks.

D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Since your issue is relatively new versus an ongoing long term issue, I have always used Vaseline. I apply first thing in the morning, after a shower and before going bed. Works well for me.

For a longer term issue, I would ask my doctor for his opinion.

Ultreya,
Joe

I the past I have used a peppermint based cream ……cannot remember the name …but it worked ok

According to various myths and rumours I have heard (and movies) superglue was made to treat battle wounds for soldiers as a quick way to close wounds. If this was the intended use for super glue or of medics suddenly found out super glue could be used for this after it was invented I have no clue.

just a little off topic fun fact..

The glue used to repair pesky wounds that may be difficult to stitch or refuse to stop bleeding is glorified Superglue. There are a few differences but a tube of this could prove very useful.
http://www.realfirstaid.co.uk/superglue/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I the past I have used a peppermint based cream ……cannot remember the name …but it worked ok

I believe you are referring to Callex. It is a purpose made ointment, based on petroleum jelly. However, it contains two enzymes that work to soften or reduce dead skin calluses. Peppermint oil is added for esthetics. I use this nightly and sleep in cotton socks.

My podiatrist recommended it to me. It works for me. But I know that Bag Balm, and plain old, inexpensive Vaseline will also work for many folks.

When the dead callus skin gets thick enough to the point of cracking, I use a Revlon "cheese grater" buffer on the heels to remove the dead skin. This works best after bathing. I bought the Revlon "grater" in the supermarket. It is pink.

Do not use mechanical methods to remove callus tissue if bleeding is evident. If you are this far gone, I recommend medical advice.

Also, BEFORE leaving to do a Camino, seriously consider having a proper pedicure in a professional studio or poriatrist's office. At least you will be starting without calluses and can follow the daily foot lubrication regimen to prevent calluses from forming.

I hope this helps.

castor oil softens up the feet also i try to stay away from any petroleum products.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people who get cracks in my heels if I don't stay on top of my dry, dry, dry, and callous-y feet. I agree that vaseline is the most effective, longest lasting moisturizer--I keep a little tub next to my bed and manage to remember to rub some on my heels most nights. There is a non-petroleum version available at some health food stores, but I've never tried it. However, the thing that REALLY solved my problem was this file for foot callouses. http://www.sephora.com/diamond-file-for-foot-calluses-20-P256430?skuId=1221555 You use it on dry skin and it weighs almost nothing, so it's perfect to take along on the Camino. Yes, it's expensive, but it should last forever. I find that if I keep the dry calloused skin to a minimum there's nothing to crack. Good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

1. Don't wear any sandals or flip flops. Switch to closed shoes with socks all the time. 2. Don't get pedicures, as they will file calluses away.... you want to keep the protective thickening of skin but without the cracks. 3. Use all the remedies people suggest in your socks/shoes all day. If you don't wear sandals, your feet won't crack.

1. Don't wear any sandals or flip flops. Switch to closed shoes with socks all the time. 2. Don't get pedicures, as they will file calluses away.... you want to keep the protective thickening of skin but without the cracks. 3. Use all the remedies people suggest in your socks/shoes all day. If you don't wear sandals, your feet won't crack.
The natural vaseline is called Waxilene made with soy oil. It works great, smells nice and I took it on the Camino as an all round moisturizer. You can use it on your face as well... hypoallergenic.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This happened me last year while walking the Voie Littorale . I was wearing sandals with no socks and the surface one day was mostly sand . I reckon my heels cracked because they were not cupped enough by the sandals and so spread and cracked . I bought a cheap pair of crocs ( which had a lip around the heel so preventing spreading ) which I wore with socks over Compeed for a day or 2 until the cracks felt healed then alternated with the sandals whenever I felt a twinge . I also made sure to moisturise my feet well morning and night . I can really sympathise with you because even the tiniest crack can cause severe pain like someone has sliced open your heel !

Assuming that it is not bleeding
(if it is, do not try any of this... it will then only succeed in getting the crack infected)

1) File down the edges of the crack, and the thick dry skin around (if any)
2) Apply a strip of Compeed or similar over it (blister patch)
3) Use sports-tape (or KT-tape) to "strap" your heel, so that it takes the some pressure of the now thinner skin
4) Rest the foot/feet for 4-5 days

other than that

Keep you heels moisturized, vaseline is great....

If the problem persists and/or you have had it for a while, some new shoes with a narrower fit for the base of your heel might help, not so narrow that it causes blisters or are uncomfortable..
The trick is to keep the tissue/fat pad of your heel from putting too much expanding pressure on your skin while it is healing, and after to keep filing "dead skin" off carefully and continue to moisturize your heel as dry skin cracks easier
I find Pawpaw cream invaluable!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Okay, if you still need some help try these websites. After reading the first one I might go to a podiatrist to get a head start on removing calluses on your heels. The cure then could take various paths depending on the cause but first comes reducing the friction caused by the rough skin, then keeping the fissures closed so they can heal:
www.podantics.com.au/heel-callus-cracked--heels

And another site that explains causes of blisters in depth and treatment:
www.blisterprevention.com.au/theadvanced-guide-to-blister
This is another site with various links.
I've found it helpful to read such things as pros and cons of moisturizing, using compeed only for blisters without roof, using a sterile scalpel rather than a needle. And best of all exactly how to treat a blister.
www.blisterprevention.com.au/what-causes-blisters
As others have touched on, blisters may also need treatment for underlying medical conditions. I think k you've said you are a teacher so maybe as the semester ends you'll be off your feet and this could help heal your feet.

Can any of you kind souls share your foot remedies for this problem?

Vicks VaporRub, rubbed into feet daily after walking and a shower.

When I finished the 800kms Camino Frances last year along with a 3 day stroll to Finisterre then a 1 day stroll to Muxia, my feet, especially my heels had skin as soft and smooth as a baby's butt with nary a blister's blemish .

American cowboy here from Texas/Oklahoma.

You will find no better lotion for cracked feet/hand repair than Mane n Tail's Hoofmaker. I am sure similar hoof repair lotions are available at a local feed or equestrian shop outside the USA. If they are so cracked and sore than bleeding has begun, Udder Butter will do the trick.

Yippie Ki Camino, y'all ...

€83,-

So have you tried some of these yet? I know by the time I had walked to Finnesterre my feet were just hammered. I had callouses so thick each of my toes were 1.5x the normal. The pads on the bottom of my feet were so thick that I felt I had shoes on. Took a good 2 months to loose all that layered skin. When you think about the pilgrims walking in the 10-18th centuries who had to then walk home. They were simply awesome. I am thinking they took time off when needed, unlike some of us. My point is that you are blessed to be called to walk, take your time it will work out.
Keith

So have you tried some of these yet? I know by the time I had walked to Finnesterre my feet were just hammered. I had callouses so thick each of my toes were 1.5x the normal. The pads on the bottom of my feet were so thick that I felt I had shoes on. Took a good 2 months to loose all that layered skin. When you think about the pilgrims walking in the 10-18th centuries who had to then walk home. They were simply awesome. I am thinking they took time off when needed, unlike some of us. My point is that you are blessed to be called to walk, take your time it will work out.
Keith

I cover a lot of ground in decent weather. My toes are exceptionally calloused now. On Friday, we had a cow get out, and I covered several miles in a four-hour period searching woods and fairgrounds searching. I do feel blessed to walk, and so far, my foot therapy has included a vaseline rub on my heels and trying to wear shoes and socks more. I am someone who would prefer to be barefoot, especially in decent weather. I have very large feet, and have never worried about them expanding, which makes getting into shoes a challenge sometimes.

My heel cracks are now all heeled up, and I am grateful for the help!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I've tried the Tea Tree Oil too. It smells wonderful! I'm going to get some Bag Balm....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've tried the Tea Tree Oil too. It smells wonderful! I'm going to get some Bag Balm....
The tough part is that you will be walking in very clay soil with very sharp rocks that cut so the clay dries the skin & the rock simply will get in crevases so if you have dry skin anyway your best bet is shoes until you get to Galicia. France to Pamploma you can use your sandles as well, after that you will have to be aware.

The tough part is that you will be walking in very clay soil with very sharp rocks that cut so the clay dries the skin & the rock simply will get in crevases so if you have dry skin anyway your best bet is shoes until you get to Galicia. France to Pamploma you can use your sandles as well, after that you will have to be aware.

I think I'll very probably be wearing my Vasque boots with Smart Wool socks the majority of the time, although I plan to have some Crocs handy if I need to air my feet. I definitely get more dried out in the Oregon soil, and have been trying not to go barefoot as I usually do, owing to my feet getting so rough, calloused, and dark on the bottom.

In other words, I'm trying to be more "foot conscious". I need these feet to be in optimum health, both skin and muscle-wise. I stretch every morning before getting out of bed, too. That is what I learned when I had Achilles tendonitis and also Plantar's fasciaitis at the same time--one on one foot, one on the other.

I think I'll very probably be wearing my Vasque boots with Smart Wool socks the majority of the time, although I plan to have some Crocs handy if I need to air my feet. I definitely get more dried out in the Oregon soil, and have been trying not to go barefoot as I usually do, owing to my feet getting so rough, calloused, and dark on the bottom.

In other words, I'm trying to be more "foot conscious". I need these feet to be in optimum health, both skin and muscle-wise. I stretch every morning before getting out of bed, too. That is what I learned when I had Achilles tendonitis and also Plantar's fasciaitis at the same time--one on one foot, one on the other.
Good choice on both shoes if you have wide enough feet to fill the crocs after the pyranies you might like them to use for walking. I think you will be surprised how easy you will find this to be other than the foot issues. You are going into this being aware & very prepared. Pat yourself on the back. I think your going to come out just fine.

I worried just like you are about my feet & blisters, as every 25k I walked they were terrible. I finally went to Keen from leather. I still got blisters but nothing I couldn't fix every day. No matter what happens there are old souls walking with you it will simply work out.
Keith

Try cream made from Comfry. Don't think it is sold in the US but, I've purchased it before in the UK at an herbal shop

Good choice on both shoes if you have wide enough feet to fill the crocs after the pyranies you might like them to use for walking. I think you will be surprised how easy you will find this to be other than the foot issues. You are going into this being aware & very prepared. Pat yourself on the back. I think your going to come out just fine.

I worried just like you are about my feet & blisters, as every 25k I walked they were terrible. I finally went to Keen from leather. I still got blisters but nothing I couldn't fix every day. No matter what happens there are old souls walking with you it will simply work out.
Keith
Ha ha, no problem on width!

I used to wear a women's size 10 shoe, but after a ton of hiking and barefoot -going, etc., I bumped up to an 11 just to put some room in the toe box.

Because 11 is actually too long for me, it allows me plenty of comfy foot room, and I can lace loosely and have a very comfortable width. I am fine with lacing tightly or looser depending on the situation.

I'm also glad to be getting closer to my trip, as initially, I felt my call in September, and while it's been a blessing to have to "wait" to walk, I've felt very challenged with how long it has taken. I'm not want to wish away time, as time is precious. Every day, I try to express love and goodwill, to my students and family. This helps me to use my time best.

I wore Keen boots the 1st 2 days and then light Keen trail shoes after that (except one day when there was snow and deep water/mud). The shoes were a blessing--not a single blister, and much lighter than the boots.
Buen camino and many good wishes for your last week at work!...you'll be out there before you know it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have on Keen's today.
They are the only shoe I have found that just buy & wear. I was nervous about taking them after using leather boot but they worked out. Nothing left of them when I got to the ocean,& I had to super glue them. But they worked just fine. I recommend "Sole" foot beds just follow the instructions. I have a freind that after every deployment walked the AT he uses/ wears the same Keen. No gortex.
I had to chuckle you are close to my wife's sisters who live in aumsville

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know where Aumsville is! Down near Corvallis. Incidentally, my husband and I have some family in Montana too, in Missoula I believe. We've done a couple road trips there to visit.

Keens are great on the feet, aren't they? I did have to return the two pair of water / hiking sandals that I bought, as on the water sandal, my little toes were too far down and poked out of the sandal holes; on the hiking sandal, the foot bed hurt my feet pretty badly. They felt similar to having to break in Birkenstocks, and the pain just wouldn't go away.

I often wear the Keens to work, to teach in. Now that retirement is nigh (six teaching days left!) I have become a bit less formal in the work place. I stopped wearing ridiculously fashionable shoes some time ago, opting for comfort and foot health.

The solution is this: get two "foot size" plastic bags and any kind of cream, Vaseline or aloe gel. Put the cream on your heels and feet, put the plastic bags on your feet then put a pair of socks on and then go to bed. When you wake up any cracked heel problems you will have for that day will be gone. Do as necessary when you go to bed. And, diet is important. Ciao.

The solution is this: get two "foot size" plastic bags and any kind of cream, Vaseline or aloe gel. Put the cream on your heels and feet, put the plastic bags on your feet then put a pair of socks on and then go to bed. When you wake up any cracked heel problems you will have for that day will be gone. Do as necessary when you go to bed. And, diet is important. Ciao.
That's a really creative solution! Thank you for sharing it

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back