• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello....3rd time on Camino...first time communicating on the website.

Elaine Rau

Time of past OR future Camino
May, 2016, Sarria to Santiago de Compestela
Hello to all! My husband, George, and I will be returning to the Camino for our 3rd hike. The first from Sarria to Santiago 5 years ago, the 2nd, two and half years ago, SJPP to Lograno (yes, backward) and the 3rd (Covid closings,etc., willing) this April from Logrono to haven't decided yet...but for 2 weeks. We live in Grand Junction, CO....do a lot of hiking and skiing, but walking the Camino is where we really lose ourselves...so to speak, or find ourselves. George is 82, I am 80.....we are incredibly fortunate and thankful to have such enormously good health. Have never communicated on this website before, though I follow it daily. Becoming sentimental. Best wishes to all and extending an open invitation to come visit us for some of the best mountian biking, incredible hiking, wow!! skiing, and nicest people in the world! Wishing all a wonderful new year! Elaine Rau

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello to all! My husband, George, and I will be returning to the Camino for our 3rd hike. The first from Sarria to Santiago 5 years ago, the 2nd, two and half years ago, SJPP to Lograno (yes, backward) and the 3rd (Covid closings,etc., willing) this April from Logrono to haven't decided yet...but for 2 weeks. We live in Grand Junction, CO....do a lot of hiking and skiing, but walking the Camino is where we really lose ourselves...so to speak, or find ourselves. George is 82, I am 80.....we are incredibly fortunate and thankful to have such enormously good health. Have never communicated on this website before, though I follow it daily. Becoming sentimental. Best wishes to all and extending an open invitation to come visit us for some of the best mountian biking, incredible hiking, wow!! skiing, and nicest people in the world! Wishing all a wonderful new year! Elaine Rau
I have been through Grand Junction a few times on my way to other incredible destinations in the Colorado Rockies and Utah. Your invitation to forum members to visit your beautiful area of the USA is a kind gesture. You are both certainly young at heart; biking, hiking, skiing...wow!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome into participatory space, Elaine!
From Logroño westwards is so lovely.
May you have a wonderful camino.

yes, backward
You wouldn't be the first!
Many (myself included) got their camino toes wet with a shorter walk than from SJPP. I walked first from Leon - only then did I realize we humans are natural walkers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Welcome and thank you for your comments especially that you two are of a certain age. It gives me courage and strength as I get closer that number. I live in Oregon, so somewhat neighbors. If all goes well, I will be walking the Camino Ingles in April as well.

I have walked the Camino 3 times and continue to feel a profound transformation each walk. Blessings for your Camino. Elin

Yes I'm same very fortunate to be healthy at 70 hoping to do 3 weeks from Logrono to wherever I get to this will be my 18 th Camino still got the urge done Frances few times last year done Portuguese again . God willing all goes to plan again this year buen Camino my friends

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Elaine Rau ,
May you and George have another wonder-filled camino.
Carpe diem and, in the truest sense, Ultreia.

Welcome Elaine Rau and husband George. I’m your neighbor here in Idaho and have traveled through Grand Junction, a small town, many years ago. I wish you a Buen Camino on your upcoming hike on the Frances which I’ve walked a few times. Logrono onward is lovely. You are an inspiration, please keep us informed as to how your journey goes. God Bless. ❤️

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.