• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hello Pilgrims

Lrarey

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi all! I’m coming from the US to start my first Camino on Sept 6. I’ll begin the walk in SJPdP with my dear friend MJ. She is an avid hiker and I’m a newby, so she may be dragging me up over the Pyrenees with a rope that first day! Seriously, I’m so thrilled. This is the beginning of my retirement. MJ will return to work when we reach Burgos and I’ll continue on my own, but hopefully I’ll have met many new friends by then!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi all! I’m coming from the US to start my first Camino on Sept 6. I’ll begin the walk in SJPdP with my dear friend MJ. She is an avid hiker and I’m a newby, so she may be dragging me up over the Pyrenees with a rope that first day! Seriously, I’m so thrilled. This is the beginning of my retirement. MJ will return to work when we reach Burgos and I’ll continue on my own, but hopefully I’ll have met many new friends by then!

Hi @Lrarey and welcome here! What a way to start your retirement.

Had to smile when reading your " dragging me up with a rope ". Slowly but surely!
If you want , please feel free to keep us updated how your Camino goes ( or if you prefer to keep offline on the Camino I hope you give us a report later).
Envious in the best possible way!

Buen Camino and Ultreïa!

Hi, @Lrarey,

Welcome to the forum! You are one of a growing number of September pilgrims. Since you announced your date on this post, I took the liberty of adding it to the forum calendar. If you click on any of the threads on your dates you will see the other forum members who are also starting around your time. See it here.

Buen camino, what a great way to start retirement! Nothing like retiring with a clear message of — I am NOT going quietly into the world of golf and adult education (not that there is anything wrong with that)!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

By the time you reach Burgos you will be a seasoned walker – and you will still have a lot of gorgeous walking ahead of you!

Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Welcome to the forum, by the time you reach Burgos you will be planning your next Camino LOL have fun :)

Hi, @Lrarey,

Welcome to the forum! You are one of a growing number of September pilgrims. Since you announced your date on this post, I took the liberty of adding it to the forum calendar. If you click on any of the threads on your dates you will see the other forum members who are also starting around your time. See it here.

Buen camino, what a great way to start retirement! Nothing like retiring with a clear message of — I am NOT going quietly into the world of golf and adult education (not that there is anything wrong with that)!
How do you add your name to the Calendar? I did it once a few years ago and now can't seem to figure out how to do it. DUH!!!!

I will be leaving from here (US) to St. Jean on Sept 20th. I was going to start in on the other side of the Pyrenees but my friend wanted to start there. I've done it before I think I can do it again.. Lol. Have fun!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear all,
After 25 years of hoping, wishing and praying to be able to walk the Camino, I’m delighted to say I am now finally booked to walk the Camino Frances, starting on Thursday 30th September from SJDP.
I’m delighted and fearful in equal measure. I am walking alone, am making no plans other than being open minded as to what happens, how it goes and whom I have the privilege to journey with along the way.
I’m apprehensive, but excited too. I am so grateful to Ivar for this forum which I hope to commit to as best I can.
Having said that, I’m a Luddite with technology and can’t work out how to enter my name in the calendar ( or write/view a private message), so please be patient with me. I’m hedor those who are trying to help but, to my embarrassment, I still can’t do it! Looking forward to seeing you along the way! Buen camino! X

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Howdy,
You are about to have a life changing experience. Stick with it as the first few days, no matter where you start, are hard but then your body gets acclimated. Go to the masses, even if you are not catholic/religious, you will be moved by the experience. Have a blast!

Attachments

• 36E81669-612D-4161-98E3-45D5133B0D47.jpeg
    36E81669-612D-4161-98E3-45D5133B0D47.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
I’ve followed instructions
How do you add your name to the Calendar? I did it once a few years ago and now can't seem to figure out how to do it. DUH!!!!
ive followed these instructions and still am unable to enter my
Name on the calendar.
does anyone know a foolproof way of accessing the calendar and writing our name on it? I’d be really grateful for help. Thanks all.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
hopefully I’ll have met many new friends by then!
Haha. You'll probably have fast friends before you even get to Pamplona, and certainly by the time you get to Logroño.
I’m delighted and fearful in equal measure
Understandable, and completely normal, even for 'camino recidivists.' The anxiety dissolves for most people as soon as they begin to walk on day one. Just take care that fear isn't what decides what goes into your pack.

I’ve followed instructions

ive followed these instructions and still am unable to enter my
Name on the calendar.
does anyone know a foolproof way of accessing the calendar and writing our name on it? I’d be really grateful for help. Thanks all.
Hi @Luap
In this thread you posted a reply on a thread that someone else started on the 26th August.

In order to put something on the calendar you need to start your own thread, preferably in the "Introduce yourself, say Hello or update Calendar" area of the forum. It is only possible to post into this area if you are a member. It looks like you are so that should be possible for you.

Immediately after posting the new thread (with your comments within it) you go to a new screen and then depending on what device you are using (I am using a PC via Chrome browser at the moment) then a little blue triangle appears towards the right of the screen. If you click on that you will see that one of the options that open up relates to posting an entry on the calendar.

I agree that this is a little obscure and it took me about 15 minutes to find it.

Hi @Luap
In this thread you posted a reply on a thread that someone else started on the 26th August.

In order to put something on the calendar you need to start your own thread, preferably in the "Introduce yourself, say Hello or update Calendar" area of the forum. It is only possible to post into this area if you are a member. It looks like you are so that should be possible for you.

Immediately after posting the new thread (with your comments within it) you go to a new screen and then depending on what device you are using (I am using a PC via Chrome browser at the moment) then a little blue triangle appears towards the right of the screen. If you click on that you will see that one of the options that open up relates to posting an entry on the calendar.

I agree that this is a little obscure and it took me about 15 minutes to find it.
does anyone know a foolproof way of accessing the calendar and writing our name on it? I’d be really grateful for help. Thanks all

Thanks for this info. I did what you said on Google Chrome but on a Mac and didn't see the calender. Then on the lower right hand side and found this:
The box reads How To
Click on it or here is the link

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for this info. I did what you said on Google Chrome but on a Mac and didn't see the calender. Then on the lower right hand side and found this:
The box reads How To
Click on it or here is the link

But it says:
“Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial post”

This is the bit that I cannot see. There does not seem to be. “Threads tool”.
I am a member, have written posts, can access the calendar page, but cannot get further than that.
does anyone know what I am missing to add my name and date to the calendar ( 30th September from SJDP)?

many thanks,

But it says:
“Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial post”

This is the bit that I cannot see. There does not seem to be. “Threads tool”.
I am a member, have written posts, can access the calendar page, but cannot get further than that.
does anyone know what I am missing to add my name and date to the calendar ( 30th September from SJDP)?

many thanks,
Forget the thread tools drop down. After you post. Just above your post you will see exactly wha Ivar has on his post. A triangular box that has a check mark, unwatch and a dotted line with an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and click on Calendar add just like Ivar has and just follow his directions. If you still can't do it find any 10 year old kid and ask him. That is what I do when I am stumped.

Forget the thread tools drop down. After you post. Just above your post you will see exactly wha Ivar has on his post. A triangular box that has a check mark, unwatch and a dotted line with an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and click on Calendar add just like Ivar has and just follow his directions. If you still can't do it find any 10 year old kid and ask him. That is what I do when I am stumped.
Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. It must be exasperating, trying to share what is so obvious, with fools like me who struggle! I’m very grateful, thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.