A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Help! Advice on finding the right direction Sanabria-Mozarabic or the French way?

Which way should I go on the VP?

• Choose Mozarabe or french way?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The most social part of the VP is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Julieontheroad

Camino(s) past & future
El Camino del Norte
Hi all you experienced walkers of the VP.
I am in a bit of a dilemma. I just returned to walk the VP after a break and am currently in Salamanca. It is very quiet on the road (I have seen two people so far).
I am hoping for a trip that is not unbarebly hot and changing terrain to avoid the Sun. Do any of you have so advice from walking in July, perhaps some wise words on parts that are too hot for this time of the year?

How about the social scene? Did head counts change when you went on the French way or M-S?
I am a little frightened that I will be completely alone on the M-S stretch of the VP!

All good adwise is much apreciated!

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
The good message is it will get cooler (ok, kind of cooler) as you climb up the mountains and get to Galicia. After a solitary Camino the CF might be just too much for you but the Sanabres will get busier the closer you get to to Santiago, especially from Orense onwards. I personally would stay on the Sanabres, for my tips where to stay and other bits and pieces, see https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/nearly-live-updates-via-de-la-plata-february-abril-2016.38377/page-2#post-387810 and following. Buen Camino, SY

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%