• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP! - Analysis Paralysis! Some suggestions please....!

adrianflude

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2012 and 2013
SdC-Finisterre-Muxía-SdC 2013
Camino Norte and Inglés 2015
The situation:
I live in Madrid and am on holiday until a week on Monday, back to work Tuesday. Rucksack packed and ready to go. I walked the CF in 2012 backwards and forwards, and lived in Burgos for 18 months before moving to Madrid, therefore I know the CF well and want to walk a different route. I have a camper van so can drive and park up pretty much anywhere in Spain from Madrid, and obviously could use public transport too.

The problem:
I can't decide! Rubbish I know, but I'm suffering from an attack of indecisiveness, procrastination and analysis paralysis....
If I drive somewhere I would need to be able to easily return to collect the vehicle, if I use public transport I would need to be able to get back to Madrid for AM Tuesday 7th....

...I know I could simply head out on the Camino Madrid, but I've walked a few of the stages near to Madrid and want to do a different camino!
Thanks in advance gente!

Helpful prompt suggestions wanted as feet getting very itchy!
Thanks in advance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You could drive to Ferrol and walk the Inglés, then return for your camper. If you search @Albertinho's posts he and his wife stayed at a campsite just outside Ferrol and arranged to leave their camper/caravan there while they walked.
Buen Camino

Good idea of Tia Valeria. You could also drive to Lugo, which is a bit nearer and is easy to get back to by public transport. Sane goes for Orense.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good idea of Tia Valeria. You could also drive to Lugo, which is a bit nearer and is easy to get back to by public transport. Sane goes for Orense.
Or INSANE:cool: goes for driving to Palencia and walking the Meseta this time of year, I think that would be absolutely beautiful. Just ask Reb. Sorry annakqppa for picking on your typo:rolleyes:.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.