• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help bank card left at home

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have left bank card at home and have limited cash. Walking from StJDP on Wednesday, where could I get card sent to?!
Do you have someone who can send you money via Western Union?
Do you have a credit card with you? If so, use it as much as possible. If you can hold out to Pamplona, you can make a reservation at a hotel, and have the card sent there.

First thing I would think is to contact your bank. They can send you an emergency replacement....pick a hotel/albergue contact the manager/hospitelero ask if you can have it sent there. Another option they can send it to a local bank. Good luck and hope the rest of your camino is uneventful and trouble free.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don’t have any cards just 300 euros. Is there a Post Office or Post Restante or Pilgrims Office my card could be sent to. Thanks for swift response .

I don’t have any cards just 300 euros. Is there a Post Office or Post Restante or Pilgrims Office my card could be sent to. Thanks for swift response .
Since you are going to the SJPDP maybe you can have it sent there .there is a member on this forum let me try to find her avitar for you and i will edit this thread

Update @Monasp she is the manager at the pilgrims office maybe she can help

Correos sell prepaidcard which you can fill up from your bankaccount and use later to withdraw money or to pay with as an ordinary mastercard. Cost 6 euros I think.
I guess you cant get it at the correos office in Pamplona.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks to all, I leave SJDP on Wednesday so need card to be sent on to a place down the route

Thanks to all, I leave SJDP on Wednesday so need card to be sent on to a place down the route
I think you can make it to Pamplona with no problems. But I would contact the pilgrims office in SJPDP and maybe they can help you arrange someplace to send the replacement card to..they are wonderful and always ready to help. Buen Camino.

You may have enough cash to last until Puente de la Reina giving enough time to card to be sent to a place you will book online now with a credit card. If it doesn't show in time you might get a cash advance on the credit card to continue walking with the hotel hiring a cab to take the card from the hotel to you. Yeah, scary. But it may work out OK.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Card company will send emergency cash to Pamplona.
Be aware that thieves in Spain know about cash transfers, so be EXTREMELY cautious when you pick up the cash. Correos are usually safe places. Private points of receipt may be less so. Predators know where the prey can be found!!

My favorite anecdote is about pick pockets. They hang around the stations by the signs that say "Beware of Pickpockets." It seems that many persons will tap their wallet when they read the sign, directing the pickpockets to the exact location of their money.

Once you collect the funds, find a safe place to distribute it between pockets, wallet, and pack. Do not keep it all in one place except when you go to the shower.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My favorite anecdote is about pick pockets. They hang around the stations by the signs that say "Beware of Pickpockets." It seems that many persons will tap their wallet when they read the sign, directing the pickpockets to the exact location of their money.

Thanks for this Falcon! My natural reaction would have been the same!

Have left bank card at home and have limited cash. Walking from StJDP on Wednesday, where could I get card sent to?!
There is Western Union in post office at SJPP. You can receive cash there. If you have time to stay in SJPP you can ask that send you your card to pilgrims office
Your name
Pilgrims office
39 rue de la Citadelle
64220 Saint Jean Pied de Port.

Wednesday when you arrive at SJPP go to the pilgrims office and say that at the volunteers.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This happened to me a few years ago on my 2nd Camino.

I emailed a buddy in the States, who called his bank and within a 1/2 hr had sent me money via Western Union. I could pick it up at any Post Office in Spain showing my passport and the secret PIN.

No stress and quite efficient. Problem solved

As my buddy says, “if it can be solved with money it’s just an inconvenience, not a problem”.

Card issue resolved (hopefully) first suggestion of Western Union transfer a brilliant one. Card company will send emergency cash to Pamplona. Can’t thank everyone enough for immediate responses thanks very much.
Nice to hear that.
But @ranthr suggestion on prepaidcard is very sound. For only 6€ you can fill it up on-line and you won't walk around with large amount of cash money. Or to have this card just in case...

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A minor reminder about Western Union/Correos transfers: they must be made out to the exact name spelled out in your passport. e.g., Robert James Jones, not Rob Jones or Bobby Jim Jones or BJ Jones.
That's right. When my husband sent me money via Western Union he didn't include my middle name, which is on my passport. When I first went to pick up the money they wouldn't give it to me because the names were not exact. My husband was able to get it changed quickly though, and I picked up my money within an hour.

Sorry I am late in responding but instead of a bank to have a replacement card sent to, a place that is open every day is the Tourism Office or Pilgrim Office in SJPDP. If it were me, I would have it sent to one of these places and keep them in touch with where you are staying while you wait. Also, if the problem is discussed with the wonderful people at the Pilgrims Office, they are usually quite helpful.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back