• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP~ Bayonne to SJPP on Oct 4, 2015

Chelsea Wu

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2015, start from SJPP
Hi All,

I booked a train ticked which will arrive at Bayonne at 15:30, 04/10/15. But it seems the only train to SJPP departure from 21:10 and arrival at 22:22, too late. The taxi for one person is expensive. Is there any other public transportation? Thank you so much for any response!!

Thanks,
Chelsea

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, contact: http://www.expressbourricot.com/ they have a taxi at 17:30 (5.30pm) on 4 Oct that you can share. It will cost between 18 and 27 euro per person. Jill

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, contact: http://www.expressbourricot.com/ they have a taxi at 17:30 (5.30pm) on 4 Oct that you can share. It will cost between 18 and 27 euro per person. Jill
Hello Jill, they replied me only pick up in Biarritz airport,how should i do now?take a bus to airport?or wait for the last train on 21pm?is the pilgrim office open when the last train arrive?or any other option? Thank you… Chelsea

Hello Jill, they replied me only pick up in Biarritz airport,how should i do now?take a bus to airport?or wait for the last train on 21pm?is the pilgrim office open when the last train arrive?or any other option? Thank you… Chelsea

Hi Chelsea, if it was me I would wait for the evening train. I believe the pilgrim office stays open until after the last train/bus has arrived. If you are worried about that though, you could try booking a bed in a private albergue, making it clear that you will be arriving on the last train. Jill

Hi again Chelsea, if you wait for the last train, and wait before buying a ticket, you might see other pilgrims waiting around the station (they are obviously pilgrims with their backpacks). You could ask them if they would like to share a taxi with you. Jill

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Thank you so much for your advice Jill! I really appriciate it! Have a great day! Thanks, Chelsea
Hi again Chelsea, if you wait for the last train, and wait before buying a ticket, you might see other pilgrims waiting around the station (they are obviously pilgrims with their backpacks). You could ask them if they would like to share a taxi with you. Jill

Hi Chelsea, as fate would have it, I am also getting to Bayonne on 04/10/15, and my travel (train from Paris) means I have to catch the last train from Bayonne to SJPP. I don't fancy getting into SJPP as late as the last train, so my plan so far has been to stay at Hotel Paris Madrid in Bayonne (I've seen it recommended on this forum) and then get into SJPP in the morning, have wander round and then just walk to Orrison for my first day. This way I get to spend two days checking out the views of the Pyrenees at a more leisurely pace!

AndyH,
There is no longer a Hotel Paris-Madrid in Bayonne. You might check Booking.com for alternative places.

Good luck and Buen camino!

MM

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for the heads up and the good luck! I would've arrived in Bayonne and been very puzzled as to why I couldn't find the hotel without that information. I will do some research into the alternatives as you suggest.

AndyH
the hotel Paris -Madrid is now hotel ibis styles on the same site by the bridge. there are three hotel ibis in bayonne......hotel ibis budget being the cheapest and a 23 min walk from the train station

Take Chronoplus bus 14 from Gare Bayonne to Airport. Cost 1 Euro and 40 minutes; or,

Take train to Gare Biarritz instead of Bayonne and take Chronoplus bus C from Gare Biarritz to Airport. Bus takes 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Take Chronoplus bus 14 from Gare Bayonne to Airport. Cost 1 Euro and 40 minutes; or,

Take train to Gare Biarritz and take Chronoplus bus C from Gare Biarritz to Airport. 10 minutes.

Train leaves 15:35 from BAYONNE TO BIARRITZ arrives 15:43 your have 5 mins to platform change otherwise the next one is 17:35 on that day

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
aaaaaa thank you!!! so i wont miss the train to Biarrtz,just stay there and buy other ticket
Hi Chelsea
If you already have your train ticket booked to Bayonne and can't change the destination, it would be best to buy your extra ticket (Bayonne-Biarritz) before you get on the train, from one of the ticket machines in the station you depart from - or buy online. You won't have time at Bayonne to get off and buy one before the train leaves again. If your train is a TGV (high speed) it is necessary to book a seat, so you need to get it organised in advance. I have known of people being able to buy tickets on these trains, but usually only if they have lost their ticket or have a similar sad tale. The rule is that you have to pre-book, and if you don't they will treat you as someone who has tried to travel without a ticket and may add a fine to the ticket price. So - buy in advance! Then you can relax, and when you get to Biarritz there is a bus as mentioned by @whariwharangi above (Line C - make sure you get the one going in the right direction - ask the driver). Alternatively you can do as you mentioned above and get off the train in Bayonne, and take the 14 bus to the airport. It's longer but will cost the same.

Buen Camino!

Hi Chelsea
If you already have your train ticket booked to Bayonne and can't change the destination, it would be best to buy your extra ticket (Bayonne-Biarritz) before you get on the train, from one of the ticket machines in the station you depart from - or buy online. You won't have time at Bayonne to get off and buy one before the train leaves again. If your train is a TGV (high speed) it is necessary to book a seat, so you need to get it organised in advance. I have known of people being able to buy tickets on these trains, but usually only if they have lost their ticket or have a similar sad tale. The rule is that you have to pre-book, and if you don't they will treat you as someone who has tried to travel without a ticket and may add a fine to the ticket price. So - buy in advance! Then you can relax, and when you get to Biarritz there is a bus as mentioned by @whariwharangi above (Line C - make sure you get the one going in the right direction - ask the driver). Alternatively you can do as you mentioned above and get off the train in Bayonne, and take the 14 bus to the airport. It's longer but will cost the same.

Buen Camino!

Thank you so much for your reminder and the detail explanation. Appreciated it. I have booked the train ticket to Bayonne and will pre-book the ticket from Bayonne to Biarritz per your instruction. Thank you again for your advice. Great Day! Chelsea

S
Hi All,

I booked a train ticked which will arrive at Bayonne at 15:30, 04/10/15. But it seems the only train to SJPP departure from 21:10 and arrival at 22:22, too late. The taxi for one person is expensive. Is there any other public transportation? Thank you so much for any response!!

Thanks,
Chelsea
Stay in Bayonne for the night. It's a beautiful town, look around and get a train/bus next morning. We found a great cheap room on Airb&b. And the trip to St Jean is a delight.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Looking for suggestions How do I get to Fatima from Lisbon Airport. Thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back