• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help! Don't know where to go tomorrow!

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I'm in Priesca tonight, just a few km before Sebrayo, and it doesn't look like there are many good options for tomorrow. I think that I'd like to stay on the Norte, but don't want to walk much more than 30 km tomorrow. 25 would be better. Camping Deva is a possibility, but I just read a couple of negative reviews of the place.

Or, I'm still open to turning off onto the Primitivo.

Any ideas?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
25 km through Villaviciosa and down towards Oviedo will take you to the albergue at Sebrayo, which is basic but fine. Supermarket in town, a couple of restaurants. Next day an easy walk to Oviedo. Almost all off-road till you get to the outskirts and the car dealers. And Oviedo is really nice. That also lets you postpone your decision a couple more days. If you choose the Primitivo, you’re on your way from Oviedo, but you could always choose to go back to the Norte. Oviedo to Avilés is about 25, lots of off-road and very do-able, and then you are back on the Norte having avoided the industrial slog from Gijón to Avilés.

Isn’t that albergue in Priesca nice? It had just opened when we walked through. We got a tour of both the albergue and the church which is also nice.

Buen camino, let us know what you decide.

Okay, I got myself sorted. The very lovely hospitalera here made me a reservation at Casa Capion in PĂ©on. I'm much to close to Villaviciosa right now to go there tomorrow. And yes @peregrina2000 Albergue La Rectoral is wonderful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh, trecile, I am so sorry. I meant Vega de Sariego (NOT Sebrayo) which would be a 25 km walk from Priesca, going through Villaviciosa and taking the turnoff to Oviedo. I just wasn´t careful with my place names. But it would have been a good alternative if I had gotten my names correct. :mad:

And not even Gronze has the Casa CapiĂłn on its list of accommodations so the hospitalera in La Priesca should get a gold star!! How is the Casa CapiĂłn, btw? Price?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh, trecile, I am so sorry. I meant Vega de Sariego, NOT Sebrayo, which would be a 25 km walk from Priesca, going through Villaviciosa and taking the turnoff to Oviedo. I just wasn´t careful with my place names. But it would have been a good alternative if I had gotten my names correct. :mad:
No worries. Now I'm faced with a 15km walk to Gijón or a 40km walk to Avilés tomorrow.

And I'd like to report about a new albergue that will be opening next month. I'm staying tonight at Casa Capion - a Casa Rural which is very comfortable. They are just finishing up a 60 bed albergue, which looks like it will be very nice. It is about 4km off the Camino, but will be a nice option.

No worries. Now I'm faced with a 15km walk to Gijón or a 40km walk to Avilés tomorrow.

And I'd like to report about a new albergue that will be opening next month. I'm staying tonight at Casa Capion - a Casa Rural which is very comfortable. They are just finishing up a 60 bed albergue, which looks like it will be very nice. It is about 4km off the Camino, but will be a nice option.
Oh, yes, I see it now on Gronze, not in Peón, but in Capión. I think it’s risky building a big albergue 4 km off the camino. But I wish them well.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back