• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

help finding a place to sleep Pamplona

Noa

Time of past OR future Camino
april-may 2019
we are arriving at papalona late tonight...
we are affried we wont find a place to sleep for a reasonable price..
does anyone has suggestions?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As you know this is the Easter Weekend. You might try Booking.com to see what is available. I always stay at the Hotel Eslava. It is on the Camino, and it a nice quiet location. Perhaps others on the Forum can recommend an Albergue or two. Good luck and Buen Camino.

Check out the possibilities on this Gronze list. Many can be
booked directly through Booking.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Two years ago I walked through Pamplona during San Fermin - so much more crowded than right now. I had a reservation at Maribel Roncal in Cizur Menor, but a woman that I met was able to get a bed at Casa Paderborn, which doesn't take reservations. According to Gronze, they have 26 beds.

https://www.gronze.com/navarra/pamplona/albergue-casa-paderborn

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wow! Easter and arriving late? You really do need a miracle. Try the Pension Escaray in the old town and if she does have beds then keep her informed and she will stay up for you.

It's already 8:40pm your time so I hope you found something. Had I been in your situation on this date I might have taxied into Pamplona around noon and then secured my accommodations first. Then I would have taxied back out that day to walk it or else the next morning. Obviously that adds to the costs but I would bite that bullet so I was not scrambling for accommodations in this place at this time in the dark, hungry and weary from a long day of walking.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
a
Try the following: Albergue Jesús y Maria (€7), Albergue Casa Paderborn (€6), Albergue Ibarrola (€15), Albergue Iruñako Aterpeay (€14) ..I normally go through Pamplona to Cizur Menor to Albergue Roncal (€10).

As you know this is the Easter Weekend. You might try Booking.com to see what is available. I always stay at the Hotel Eslava. It is on the Camino, and it a nice quiet location. Perhaps others on the Forum can recommend an Albergue or two. Good luck and Buen Camino.

Attachments

• IMG-20190420-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20190420-WA0008.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Same difficulty all over. Santa Semana. Sacred week. I camped @ the Citadel under the trees. Thursday night 2am-6am, woke up from the rain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, it’s hard all over on the Frances. May you find a place to rest. It should get better after this weekend. Most of this last week took a great deal of planning and changing where we wanted to stay.

Try Hostal Hemingway. Stays open till late. I checked in at 11pm a few years back

If you are arriving in Pamplona by plane you might avoid the city totally by walking southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues. See them on this Eroski site >> http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./et ... e-la-reina. After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Don't know, but if you go as far as the Uni you might as well book somewhere in Cizur Menor. Which is probably best bet. I wonder how Noa is getting on! Hope they are ok

We stayed there in 2009. (Mirabel)
I remember that there was a new ‘wing’ being built, almost at right-angles to the main one. It was 3 storeys high, I think.
Was it ever finished?
If so, there must be lots of beds there now.

We stayed in the Uni dorms one night, on the way back (by train). The room had been booked the previous day, in SdC. It was a festival weekend and there were no other beds anywhere in Pamplona. There was a really helpful guy ... might have been a student ... who found us a single mattress for my daughter. She slept on the floor ... I had the bed. Like Uni halls-of-residence everywhere, the room wasn’t much more than 6 foot wide ... 😄
But, unlike my old uni room, it had an en-suite!! And a simple kitchen space .... luxury 😉😊

Yes ... I do hope they found somewhere to lay their heads last night ...

We stayed there in 2009. (Mirabel)
I remember that there was a new ‘wing’ being built, almost at right-angles to the main one. It was 3 storeys high, I think.
Was it ever finished?
If so, there must be lots of beds there now.

We stayed in the Uni dorms one night, on the way back (by train). The room had been booked the previous day, in SdC. It was a festival weekend and there were no other beds anywhere in Pamplona. There was a really helpful guy ... might have been a student ... who found us a single mattress for my daughter. She slept on the floor ... I had the bed. Like Uni halls-of-residence everywhere, the room wasn’t much more than 6 foot wide ... 😄
But, unlike my old uni room, it had an en-suite!! And a simple kitchen space .... luxury 😉😊

Yes ... I do hope they found somewhere to lay their heads last night ...

Hi Chinacat! I stay in Cizur Menor often when walking but always go to albergue Sanjaunista (the one with the big tower and Maltese flag), but not sleep inside the albergue but outside under the tower! I love it there, and the views back over Pamplona are great. So never stayed at Mirabels, though I have heard nothing but compliments from pilgrims staying there. Maybe one day, but I really like sleeping under the tower! And if you ask it is free!

Davey

If you are arriving in Pamplona by plane you might avoid the city totally by walking southeast from the airport to Tiebas to join the Camino Aragones. Tiebas has two albergues. See them on this Eroski site >> http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./et ... e-la-reina. After Tiebas walk west on the CA paralleling route NA-601 to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate where the albergue is now unfortunately closed and then 4k further to Puente la Reina/Gares to meet the Camino Frances.

Buen Camino!
If you are walking on the Frances from St Jean how would you connect to the Aragones?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
To join the Argonese and
avoid the dangerous slippery climb up and down the Alto de Perdon due to deep mud you might consider this 'walk around' which I have often followed along back roads and eventually the end of the Camino Aragonese .
Follow CF to Cizur Menor then
from Cizur Menor walk SE on NA6000 roughly 14k to Campanas, then on NA121 SE to Muruarte de Reta on NA601 to join the Camino Aragonese. Continue W 10k to the splendid circular Romanesque church at Eunate and 4k further to Puente la Reina on the Camino Frances.
Buen Camino!

There is a tourist office in Pamplona, near the main square. Worst comes to worst, they may be able to put you up in some ones apartment.

Good luck.

Mark

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Chinacat! I stay in Cizur Menor often when walking but always go to albergue Sanjaunista (the one with the big tower and Maltese flag), but not sleep inside the albergue but outside under the tower! I love it there, and the views back over Pamplona are great. So never stayed at Mirabels, though I have heard nothing but compliments from pilgrims staying there. Maybe one day, but I really like sleeping under the tower! And if you ask it is free!

Davey

Hi Davey!
A couple of people we were walking with stayed in the one with the Maltese flag. They loved it! There was something special about it ... the food, perhaps 😉
It was late September, and although the day was sweltering, I have a feeling that the night was rather cool ...
Your Tower sounds wonderful!
And it sounds as if it would have been a good refuge for Noa and his (?) companion. Is it sheltered?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Davey!
A couple of people we were walking with stayed in the one with the Maltese flag. They loved it! There was something special about it ... the food, perhaps 😉
It was late September, and although the day was sweltering, I have a feeling that the night was rather cool ...
Your Tower sounds wonderful!
And it sounds as if it would have been a good refuge for Noa and his (?) companion. Is it sheltered?

Hi Chinacat. Oh I think that Noa has passed through Pamplona by now (He/She was arriving last Friday).

But concerning albergue Sanjaunista, it is a very basic albergue, but clean and very friendly (still run by the Nights of Malta - hence the flag). There is no evening meal there, you have to go and eat in the village , and a very good and cheap menu de perigrino can be had there. There is a very small kitchen you can use, and they do breakfast which is donativo.

As for the tower, to me it is wonderful to sleep there, it is covered also. But it is in a windy spot, and the floor is cobbled. I find this fine, many would not! Views are wonderful though. So are the local bat population you will be sharing with!

The church there (the tower is part of it) is unique and worth a visit also! Very nice!

But if you want a bit of luxury, I recommend Mirabels. However Sanjaunista is only 5 Euro's.

Davey

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back