• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Help FOUND, Thanks - Portugal Health Entry Form

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD

Arniece2022

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April, 2022
Update: All sorted, thanks.

Hope a Techie or a recent traveler to/thru Portugal can help me.
I travel to Spain tomorrow with an In Transit through Lisbon. I filled out the Portugal Clean and Safe form. I received the email with the PDF to print off. Instructions say I must carry a paper copy with me.
Unfortunately the document they sent is coming up File Type Not Supported. The document title reads PLFe Form.pdf. I tried to google it (hoping to download something) and nothing came up. Doing a right click to search for app doesn't work. Went to their website and there is literally no way to contact them to ask about it.
I do still have the actual page where I entered the information, submitted and it returned an on screen QR code. I printed this page off. When I scan the QR code from the webpage, it doesn't give me anything.
I am at a loss of what to do. I have a 3hr, 20min layover on Easter weekend, so I'm not sure how detrimental this is to my travels.
Has anyone had this experience? Or can offer me a contact for the Clean and Safe folk? Anything would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Are you sure that you need to print it?
The site says

"Once submitted, you will receive a notification that you should keep with you, digitally or printed, during your trip."

Are you sure that you need to print it?
The site says

"Once submitted, you will receive a notification that you should keep with you, digitally or printed, during your trip."

The instructions about printing it were at the beginning of the form and very specific, saying I will be required to show it at many points. In any event, I don't even have it digitally because I can't open the attachment.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We came to Portugal from Canada 2 weeks ago. A digital copy of the QR code was accepted without any problem. The airline in Toronto asked to see on checkin, no one in Portugal asked. And no one anywhere asked to see our negative antigen test

We came to Portugal from Canada 2 weeks ago. A digital copy of the QR code was accepted without any problem. The airline in Toronto asked to see on checkin, no one in Portugal asked. And no one anywhere asked to see our negative antigen test
Thank you, but I can't even get the digital one because I can't open the attachment. That's my problem.
Thanks for the info about the test. TAP is telling me I need one. :( So I guess I need to do it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm assuming that you are able to open and print other PDFs without problems?
That is correct. I just completed the one for Spain without any issues. I printed it to make sure the problem was not on my end. All was good.

@Arniece2022, FWIW, I did what you did (filled in the form), received an email with file name PLFe Form.pdf, 91 KB, and when I try to open it (on iPhone), it says: "This document is password protected" with a box where it expects me to enter a password which I obviously don't know. The same thing happens when I try to open it on my desktop computer in Adobe Reader. This is rather odd.

I had made a screenshot of the QR code when it had appeared on my screen after I had submitted the form. I can scan the QR code but it is just a long sequence of digits and letters.

If I were in a situation where this is urgent, I would fill in the form again, make a screenshot of the QR code and save it digitally and print it. In fact, I printed the whole webpage, and I now have not only the QR code on paper but all the details that I had previously entered into the form.

I hope someone comes along with better advice!

FWIW, I did what you did (filled in the form), received an email with file name PLFe Form.pdf, 91 KB, and when I try to open it (on iPhone), it says: "This document is password protected" with a box where it expects me to enter a password which I obviously don't know. The same thing happens when I try to open it on my desktop computer. This is rather odd.

I had made a screenshot of the QR code when it had appeared on my screen after I had submitted the form. I can scan the QR code but it is just a long sequence of digits and letters.

If I were in a situation where this is urgent, I would fill in the form again, make a screenshot of the QR code and save it digitally and print it. In fact, I printed the whole webpage and I now have only the QR code on paper but all the details that I had previously entered.

Hope someone comes along with better advice!
ok, that actually helps. That's exactly what happened to me. My email also says it is password protected but also says: "The password you need to open the pdf file is the identification number of your Passport or Citizen Card that you filled in on the PLF form." Can you try that? I didn't get the password box but I'm using my laptop. I will try my phone...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thoughts:

Can you save the attachment? If so can you mail it to someone else and have them try?

Can you open other .pdf’s

Do you have Acrobat or Adobe reader installed?
I can't save it because nothing happens when I right click.
Spain's PDF worked fine.
Yes, I have Adobe.

My email also says it is password protected but also says: "The password you need to open the pdf file is the identification number of your Passport or Citizen Card that you filled in on the PLF form." Can you try that? I didn't get the password box but I'm using my laptop. I will try my phone...
Bingo! I entered the identification number of my Citizen Card and the pdf file opened. So the issue is that you cannot see the password box, right?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Another solution would be an online tool like
It asks me for an password as well, if I try it with a password-protected file.

(But not needed if it works on your phone)

Talk about TEAM work!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
So it looks like it only works on a phone, not on a laptop (at least mine, anyway).
I tried to edit my original post but clicking edit only lets me change the Title. (Maybe I should try my phone LOL!)
Such a big load of anxiety off my mind. Thank you everyone.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There was another post where the peregrinos WERE asked for all documentation

There was another post where the peregrinos WERE asked for all documentation
I have drilled down into the fine print on the Portugal Immigration site. There is a list of third countries that do not require the test. Canada is on that list. Having said that, I live in Mexico and it was not on the list. TAP sent me an email to say I needed one. I am in transit now so it will be interesting to see if anyone asks for it. I was not required to upload it or report a negative finding in any of my online documentation.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have drilled down into the fine print on the Portugal Immigration site. There is a list of third countries that do not require the test. Canada is on that list.
I'm pretty sure that Canada is not on that list.

If you don't have an EU Digital Covid Certificate or a certificate from one of the countries on this list you need a negative test.

Screenshot_20220414-082832_Firefox.jpg

Yes, sorry what I meant was vaccination OR test for Canadian. And I was only referring to the antigen test. From Mexico it said I need both. And I should have prefaced by saying this was a few days before the end of March so may be outdated. My apologies.

Yes, sorry what I meant was vaccination OR test for Canadian. And I was only referring to the antigen test
But even vaccinated Canadians need a test. It's not an either/or thing. This is because the Portuguese government does not recognize the Canadian vax certificates. (nor the US CDC cards, among others)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Update: All sorted, thanks.

Hope a Techie or a recent traveler to/thru Portugal can help me.
I travel to Spain tomorrow with an In Transit through Lisbon. I filled out the Portugal Clean and Safe form. I received the email with the PDF to print off. Instructions say I must carry a paper copy with me.
Unfortunately the document they sent is coming up File Type Not Supported. The document title reads PLFe Form.pdf. I tried to google it (hoping to download something) and nothing came up. Doing a right click to search for app doesn't work. Went to their website and there is literally no way to contact them to ask about it.
I do still have the actual page where I entered the information, submitted and it returned an on screen QR code. I printed this page off. When I scan the QR code from the webpage, it doesn't give me anything.
I am at a loss of what to do. I have a 3hr, 20min layover on Easter weekend, so I'm not sure how detrimental this is to my travels.
Has anyone had this experience? Or can offer me a contact for the Clean and Safe folk? Anything would be appreciated.
Perhaps take a photo of the form you can’t print
It’s something
Then print that

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back