• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help getting from Barcelona to Manresa

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
We are arriving in Barcelona on 13 April at 3 pm.
We need to get to Manresa and we THOUGHT we knew how to do it, but the transportation links we THOUGHT we knew about have disappeared. We have spent two hours and no luck. We are stumped.

Can anyone tell us if there is an easy way to get to Manresa that afternoon from Barcelona airport?

Help?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Anniesantiago,

You have to choose RENFE-Rodalies.

1- R2. Aeroport to Barcelona Sants. Change of train and platform.
2- R4. Barcelona Sants to Manresa.

There are 2 combo per hour.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks Joseph.
The web page wouldn't allow us to put in the date of April 13.
Do you think, since it is Holy Week, we need to purchase our tickets now?
Or can we just get them when we arrive?
Thanks so much, again.
It would surprise me if they were sold out, as these are suburban commuter trains. But I've been wrong before!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good morning, for me.

I d'ont know why the web doesn't work for you. Don't worry about the schedule, two trains per hour.
Timetable.png

You can try with another link

https://www.renfe.com/es/en/suburban/suburban-barcelona/timetables

Like Oursonpolaire says, these are suburban trains, there are machines to buy tikets, and 13 April is not a public holiday.

Another importan thing, from T1 (terminal1) to train station there are free shuttles.

Ultreia.

T2B is your bus stop.png

https://www.aena.es/en/josep-tarrad...ort-services/transport-between-terminals.html

I hope this links works. If you need more help write me a private message.

Last edited:
Good morning, for me.

I d'ont know why the web doesn't work for you. Don't worry about the schedule, two trains per hour.
View attachment 121861

Like Oursonpolaire says, these are suburban trains, there are machines to buy tikets, and 13 April is not a public holiday.

Another importan thing, from T1 (terminal1) to train station there are free shuttles.

Ultreia.

View attachment 121857

https://www.aena.es/en/josep-tarrad...ort-services/transport-between-terminals.html

Thank you so much!
Just 8 more days and we're getting excited! Generally, we would just "go" and worry about transport once we arrived. However, I knocked my knee on my mother's desk day before yesterday and spent the day in the recliner, applying ice and heat, binge watching Bridgerton, and praying this heals in the next few days. I think Joe REALLY wanted to get the transport figured out so I wouldn't have to do extra walking after our very long trip from Portland to Madrid to Barcelona to Manresa.

One of the things that I often have trouble with on Spanish websites is the calendar. I realize we need to put in the day/month/year but for some reason, those click-on Spanish calendars never seem to work for me, so we really appreciate your input!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are arriving in Barcelona on 13 April at 3 pm.
We need to get to Manresa and we THOUGHT we knew how to do it, but the transportation links we THOUGHT we knew about have disappeared. We have spent two hours and no luck. We are stumped.

Can anyone tell us if there is an easy way to get to Manresa that afternoon from Barcelona airport?

Help?
omio.com alsa bus $35. Cdn

As mentioned, these are basically commuter trains: no seat assignments, ticket at the machine by the gate. Essentially like taking a subway. Can’t imagine them “selling out” as it’s not that kind of a train.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good morning, for me.

View attachment 121861

Ultreia.

View attachment 121857

Thank you Josep, your info has made it easy to plan this trip!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back