• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help me track down somewhere I stayed!

Islapops28

Time of past OR future Camino
Loads
Hi! I'm in need of help. I did the vezelay route 9 years ago and stayed in a very memorable place. It was a huge medieval barn away from a village, with an exhibition in the bottom floor and beds in the first floor. It was very creepy and imposing, and I stayed all alone as an 18 Yr old pilgrim! From memory, it was near a village beginning with 'a' but I can't be sure. A lady met me and let me in, and gave me a tour and then left me to it. I can't stress enough that this was a creepy medieval mill style building in the middle of nowhere.

It would have been in the guidebook, and it would have been quite cheap so probably official pilgrim accommodation. It wasn't hotel style by any means-I remember a line of beds and staying up all night, terrified!

I can't remember anything about its location, but it was more south than north. If anyone has any hints, let me know! It's driving me mad

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ah, the Vezelay. It is still on my list to do. With longing! Enjoy your memories.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I think you may be thinking of the Moulin de Piis in Bassane. A magnificent place to stay a bit off the stage from La Reole to Bazas. Restored mill with beautiful wooden pilgrim beds on the upper floor.

I think you may be thinking of the Moulin de Piis in Bassane. A magnificent place to stay a bit off the stage from La Reole to Bazas. Restored mill with beautiful wooden pilgrim beds on the upper floor.

THAT'S THE ONE! You found it! I'm so glad to know!

That's the very place. It looks gorgeous in the google pics, but I remember a sleepless night of being terrified of ghosties and ghouls, and keeping the lights on!

I'm so glad to finally remember. Thanks for your help!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi! I'm in need of help. I did the vezelay route 9 years ago and stayed in a very memorable place. It was a huge medieval barn away from a village, with an exhibition in the bottom floor and beds in the first floor. It was very creepy and imposing, and I stayed all alone as an 18 Yr old pilgrim! From memory, it was near a village beginning with 'a' but I can't be sure. A lady met me and let me in, and gave me a tour and then left me to it. I can't stress enough that this was a creepy medieval mill style building in the middle of nowhere.

It would have been in the guidebook, and it would have been quite cheap so probably official pilgrim accommodation. It wasn't hotel style by any means-I remember a line of beds and staying up all night, terrified!

I can't remember anything about its location, but it was more south than north. If anyone has any hints, let me know! It's driving me mad
I too did the Voie de Vézelay nine years ago, and it remains my favourite. The only place I can think of (but I don't think it is) is the outbuilding at the Château de Puyferrat near St Astier (just after Périgueux), but you would have remembered the nearby château. Can you remember approximately how long after leaving Vézelay?

Fabulous place: one of my two distinct favorites on the Vezelay. But I had company...

Attachments

• 2016-05-19-15.18.23.jpg
    2016-05-19-15.18.23.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2016-05-19-15.34.jpg
    2016-05-19-15.34.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 27

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.