• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help need Albergue de Peregrinos Emaus

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
My wife and I have been going to Spain for the last few years to volunteer as hospitaleros at the Albergue de Peregrinos Emaús in Burgos. This pilgrim hostel is a great place where pilgrims find a Christian welcome here pilgrims find a Christian welcome, a communal meal and allows them to regain strength to continue on the road to Santiago de Compostela. The albergue survives solely on donations. With the current coronavirus crisis they cannot open, hence no revenues are coming in and they are unable to pay their mortgage. If you can find it in your heart to contribute 5, 10 or more dollars/Euros to their GoFundMe page, your help will help them tremendously and will keep the albergue alive for when the Camino reopens.
Christ peace

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Albergue-de-Peregrinos-Emaus

Please Note that you DO NOT have to give a tip to GoFundMe. Set this option to Other and type 0 (zero). Otherwise, the tip amount will be deducted from your donation amount to EMAUS.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My wife and I have been going to Spain for the last few years to volunteer as hospitaleros at the Albergue de Peregrinos Emaús in Burgos. This pilgrim hostel is a great place where pilgrims find a Christian welcome here pilgrims find a Christian welcome, a communal meal and allows them to regain strength to continue on the road to Santiago de Compostela. The albergue survives solely on donations. With the current coronavirus crisis they cannot open, hence no revenues are coming in and they are unable to pay their mortgage. If you can find it in your heart to contribute 5, 10 or more dollars/Euros to their GoFundMe page, your help will help them tremendously and will keep the albergue alive for when the Camino reopens.
Christ peace

Please Note that you DO NOT have to give a tip to GoFundMe. Set this option to Other and type 0 (zero). Otherwise, the tip amount will be deducted from your donation amount to EMAUS.

Thank you for the link.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Done! On my morning solo hike I thought that in order to support albergues in this time of need, I may walk a virtual Camino and donate at each virtual albergue I’d stay. Praying you can make it through this moment of rest and reflection.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So pleased to be able to support the special albergue Emaus in Burgos and the superb hospitality offered by Marie Noelle and volunteers.

Christ peace

Great work so far to help this albergue.
€1,702 raised of €5,000 target

Done

When I made a donation I couldn't disable the commission, so 15% to GoFundMe

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Done

When I made a donation I couldn't disable the commission, so 15% to GoFundMe
I was able to disable it when I donated by entering "0" in the line where the 15% donation is listed, as instructed in the the first post, above. It took me a few minutes of fiddling with it to remove the donation, but I was determined. This should be possible for others, as both the OP and myself were able to do it. Good luck.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back