• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help needed for ALSA bus Xacobeo search

cmsmith

The ALSA site purports to have a feature that searches for a bus route to get you from your starting city to a stage on the Camino Frances. But I keep getting an incorrect date message. Does anyone know how the system works? I have tried a July date in case my original date was too far in advance to book.

Here is what I am trying to do in case anyone can help us. My son and I are walking the Camino Frances from St Jean in early September. We want to take the detour to the Eunate Church. After that point, my son must return to England, and I will continue the Camino on my own. We expect to arrive in Eunate on September 6. We are assuming my son should return to Pamplona and then go on to Bilbao for a flight back, so we are looking for a bus back from one of the towns along or near the Camino Frances and near Eunate. Any suggestions? Is there another option than the bus?

CMSmith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The bus company is La Estellesa and not ALSA. It's the bus that goes between Logrono and Pamplona. You will have to walk the 5 Kms to Puente de la Reina to pick it up. Check out the timetable by searching " bus Puente de la Reina/Pamplona. There are 3 regular daily services , plus on more on weekdays. Anne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you both for your help. Now I think my son may be able to see the Eunate Church even with his limited time schedule. That would be a treat for a medieval history student. However, I wish I had not looked at the schedules and found out that what requires me to walk for a day is only a 30 minute bus ride!

CMSmith

I wish I had not looked at the schedules and found out that what requires me to walk for a day is only a 30 minute bus ride!

Don't let that get you down, I walked Seville to Caceres in March, then got the bus back. It took 4 hours to do the journey that had taken me 2 weeks!
At least when Medieval pilgrims did the journey they expected it to take a long time :)

I flew back from Seville to Santiago, I think that took under 2 hours! We are very lucky really, though nothing can beat that walk, and the sense of achievement :D

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The church isn't open all day every day so choose your day and time well. It is always closed on a Monday.
Hours: Summer 2012:
In June, Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 to 13:30 and 16:00 to 19:00.
July, August and September, Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 to 13:30 and 17:00 to 20:00.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back