• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help needed in Roncesvalles

julie

Time of past OR future Camino
I've just received the following call for help from Pura and am hoping that someone in Roncesvalles will read this message and deliver the phone (if someone at the Monastery hasn't already done so) to the Hotel la Posada before the Jacotrans pick-up at 8.00am :

I can´t post this message onto the Camino Forum as I forgot my password. I´m just wondering if anyone can help me with my predicament.

We´re now in Pamplona and it´s 11.03 a night while writing this message. I lost my Iphone somewhere between SJPdP and Ronscevalles. I rung the Monastery today to ask if someone had handed an Iphone and they said they did when I gave them the description of the cover. I asked if they can post it to Santiago and they said they can´t as they don´t have a post in Ronscevalles. The only way is for me to pick it up from the Monastery. Jacotrans said they can do it for 25€ but the pick up would have to be at Hotel La Posada. The receptionist at Albergue Jesus y Maria rung the Monastery for me but they said they can´t guarantee that they can take it to Hotel La Posada by 8.00 am, which means that if the Iphone is not at the hotel by the Jacotrans arrive, I will still have to pay the 25 euros. I thought about the bus, but they only run once a day that leaves Pamplona at 18.00. Then the bus from Ronscevalles to Pamplona leaves at 17.15. The taxi to Ronsc and back to Pamplona will cost me 90euros. I´m running of options. Please help anyone. I have to go as the lights have to go out now.

I won't cloud the issue by seeking other options at the moment but may be back later looking for suggestions.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I know this isn't the option you want but, I've been without my IPhone and it ruins my day. The only thing you have control over is the taxi. Believe me, the 90 euros is a cheap price for the peace of mind you will gain. All other options are in the hands of others.
On another note: be relieved that your IPhone was turned in and you now know where it is. Again, a cheap price.
Buen Camino,
Arn

Julie, send Ivar's email address to your friend and he will most likely re-set the password.

I go with Arn, the only control you have is that taxi - shame I won't be down there until the weekend as I could have picked it up and arranged a future refugio to meet the owner.

Thinking about it - if they cannot collect it I could pick it up most likely Sunday afternoon and, as I am driving, could connect a few days down the Camino - pm me if this helps.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you not only to Arn and David for their replies but also to the many who read the post and pondered a solution. This is Pura's first time on the Camino and her initiation has involved lessons in trust and faith in the Camino community.

She has been re-united with her phone and will sort out her password so she can post to the Forum herself.

Glad she is reunited =- my offer just gone down the pan anyway as my engine stopped working on the motorway south of Bordeaux and I am now parked at the back of a garage, with all closed until Monday and not a Rover mechanic for miles and miles! Ne'er mind ...

Glad she is reunited =- my offer just gone down the pan anyway as my engine stopped working on the motorway south of Bordeaux and I am now parked at the back of a garage, with all closed until Monday and not a Rover mechanic for miles and miles! Ne'er mind ...

David, I am so sorry to learn about your dilemma. I hope that your engine problems can be resolved quickly. I think that what you do for the peregrinos is amazing. Best wishes to you.[/QUOTE]

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
David, I hope your car woes are sorted reasonably quickly and reasonably inexpensively. In the meantime, try to enjoy the enforced "holiday" - perhaps a valuable respite before you start tending to pilgrims' needs on the Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back