• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help needed, information and guidance to a last minute walking plan...

Keme

Time of past OR future Camino
29th April 2023 (en el futuro)
Hola a todos, I have arrived in Villaviciosa, I am staying with friends here and they have suggested that I can do some of the Camino De Santiago from here, where do people meet? Where do I stay? Do I need to book places, do people have recommendations for places to stay? What things do I need? Ayudame porfaaa :D gracias y thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A couple of hours before sleeping in an Asturian albergue, my advice is to have a very large serving of fabada and a side of cabrales, washed down by bottle of sidra natural. You'll have guaranteed some personal space.
Seriously though, Gronze has everything you need and Brierley's Primitivo guide starts from the place you're currently in.

That's a lot of questions, amigo :)

I suggest you use the search function on the site with phrases/words like "booking in advance, packing lists", etc.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome!
You can walk right from Villaviciosa. Your friends might be able to find the first arrows with you.
I would suggest walking towards Oviedo and then taking the Primitivo towards Santiago. I'm not sure how much time you have. The following webpages would get you started with route and accommodation information. (Alternatively you could stay on the Camino del Norte - for which you will find information on the same website)

https://www.gronze.com/etapa/oviedo/grado etc etc

You don't need to book. Just pack some clothes (not too many) and make sure you have comfy shoes (I'm assuming your friends think you are fit enough to take this on).
Spend a couple of hours looking at the maps and accommodations to have an idea of how it might pan out, and then follow the arrows!

Oh, forgot to mention you will need a Credencial to prove you are a walking pilgrim in you want to stay in albergues. I know you can get them at the cathedral in Oviedo but that does not help you the night before Oviedo - I don't know if there's somewhere to pick one up in Villaviciosa - maybe someone else can chime in. Perhaps you could even try explaining your situation when you get to Pola de Siero and they might take pity on you - or perhaps they have one you can purchase on the spot.

If they don't have credentials before Oviedo just get the hospitalero to stamp and date on a plain piece of paper and glue into your credential when you can get one. We have done this and it worked OK for us.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ahhh thank you everyone, I will look on the sites and have been looking on Gronze site, really good site! Thank you for all the recommendations and sip, my friends said I will be ok just to take a book, bag, water pack and good shoes and a snacks :D and to find accommodation along the way HA! Maybe I will risk and hope that the Camino will provide (as I have been reading on this site that this will happen JAJA!). Gracias

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back