Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

Help needed re Albergue de Roncesvalles

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
[Problem solved now] I made a mistake for the date of my booking at Albergue de Roncesvalles and wrote to them three times and no response from them. Now that the date is approaching I'm wondering if someone currently there or speak Spanish can call them for me.

I need to change check in date, the correct one should be September 2, instead of 3rd. My mistake really.

If you can help I'll send related information to you.

Thanks a million !

Last edited:
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Have you tried just calling them?
As far as I know, a Dutch organisation runs the Albergue, so there is a good chance you will reach someone who speaks English.
I'd try that first.

Or work out a couple of simple phrases in Spanish on google translate and practice them before calling.
Like 'really' simple. That way the answer is likely to be simple.
And a simple question for them to acknowledge, if they can change the booking, with a Yes or a No.
Like, whatever it is in Spanish. You can change? Yes?

All good practice......

Obviously someone who is there might see your request for help.
Just offering a Plan B.

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I used Google Translate and emailed the communication in both Spanish and English.
Had no problem getting a response.
You can try the same
Good luck and Buen Camino

Lisi

Past OR future Camino
Nil
Have you tried just calling them?
As far as I know, a Dutch organisation runs the Albergue, so there is a good chance you will reach someone who speaks English.
I'd try that first.

Or work out a couple of simple phrases in Spanish on google translate and practice them before calling.
Like 'really' simple. That way the answer is likely to be simple.
And a simple question for them to acknowledge, if they can change the booking, with a Yes or a No.
Like, whatever it is in Spanish. You can change? Yes?

All good practice......

Obviously someone who is there might see your request for help.
Just offering a Plan B.
Just want to report that my problem is solved. I got in touch through FB messenger and someone has kindly helped me change my booking. Thank you for your feedback

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I made a mistake for the date of my booking at Albergue de Roncesvalles and wrote to them three times and no response from them. Now that the date is approaching I'm wondering if someone currently there or speak Spanish can call them for me.

I need to change check in date, the correct one should be September 2, instead of 3rd. My mistake really.

If you can help I'll send related information to you.

Thanks a million !
This might sound obvious but have you considered the time zone different when you tried to call? Spain is in the CET (Central European Time) zone. This is UTC -2 hours at this time of the year.

Your information suggests you are in Hong Kong. Consider the time zone offset.

The albergue is staffed by Dutch volunteers who all speak English quite well. But, if you call at the wrong time, there might be no one awake and on duty to answer the phone. You can usually reach them from about 0800 to 1800, CET.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Not that it matters as @Lisi managed to have her problem solved by sending a message on Facebook but the albergue's booking system is managed by local Spanish staff who are employed by Roncesvalles, not by the group of hospitalero volunteers. For future reference, here is a copy of the contact details on the Facebook page of the Albergue de Peregrinos de Roncesvalles:

Contact albergue Roncesvalles.jpg

Ianinam

Past OR future Camino
CF 2013 / CP 2018
Hospitalera at Roncesvalles:
2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020
The albergue is staffed by Dutch volunteers who all speak English quite well. But, if you call at the wrong time, there might be no one awake and on duty to answer the phone. You can usually reach them from about 0800 to 1800, CET.

Hope this helps,

Tom
In addition to this information: you can phone the albergue every day from 10 am till 10 pm. Most of the time the phone will be answered by Spanish staff, they speak quite good English and they can change things in the reservation system immediately.
During lunchtime from 2 pm till 3 pm and in the evening from 7 pm till 10 pm the phone will be answered by a Dutch hospitalero, who speaks English also but the hospitaleros cannot change things in the reservation system; they will make a note and give the message to the Spanish staff.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads