• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help! No rooms in coastal camino Portuguese and we can't find available rooms

angelina

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked the camino franses from Leon to Santiago
This August will walk the camino portuges from Porto to Santiago
Hello pilgrims!

We are hiking on the coastal route of camino Portuguese just along the beach.

It is a beautiful route. We are now jn povoa de margim.

However, we can't find any spare rooms available for our next stops.

We don't know what to do. Please help.

:) gracias

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello pilgrims!

Hi, have you tried phoning Hotel Mira Rio in Esposende? Rua da Ponte D. Luis Filipe 113, Phone: +351 253 964 430. They are showing full on booking.com for tonight, but they may still have a room available. The manager there speaks English. Otherwise, there are other more expensive hotels still available on booking.com near Esposende. When I have walked into an expensive hotel in Portugal, off the street, as an obvious pilgrim to Santiago, they have given me a reduced rate. You could try that! The Portuguese are usually so friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to assist, maybe by calling around other places that they know of. Good luck. Jill

I recently stayed at the Suave Mar in Esposende. It was a very nice hotel. It might be a bit pricey - I do not specifically recall, but there were other pilgrims staying there as well. Phone +351 253 969 400.

In Viana do Castelo we stayed at Pension O Laranjeira. It was good as well. Phone +351 258 822 258.

Good luck!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If there is a tourist office of any kind along the way, they are usually a very good resource for accommodation. Found great hostels a couple of times in this way, along this route last summer.

Hi Angelina, so how’s it going with finding accommodation? Have you any feedback for other pilgrims currently walking a few days behind you?
Jill

Dear all,

Thank you for your messages.

It was my friend's first camino so she was a bit reluctant to stay in a albergue.

However, after two hours on booking.com and the fact that the hotels were ridiculously overprised, she decided to give albergues a try.

We enjoyed every minute of it. The albergues we visited were the following :

Casa de sardao in carreco. One beautiful boutique albergue with duvets and pillows and great atmosphere. I definitely recommend it.

Albergue de peregrinos in a guarda. Nice municipal albergue.

Albergue in mougas. Nice one with restaurant next to it.

Casa pazo pias in ramalosa. Very nice and big albergue with nice garden.

I will come back with more information.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear all,

Thank you for your messages.

It was my friend's first camino so she was a bit reluctant to stay in a albergue.

However, after two hours on booking.com and the fact that the hotels were ridiculously overprised, she decided to give albergues a try.

We enjoyed every minute of it. The albergues we visited were the following :

Casa de sardao in carreco. One beautiful boutique albergue with duvets and pillows and great atmosphere. I definitely recommend it.

Albergue de peregrinos in a guarda. Nice municipal albergue.

Albergue in mougas. Nice one with restaurant next to it.

Casa pazo pias in ramalosa. Very nice and big albergue with nice garden.

I will come back with more information.
Thankyou so much for this information, i have made notes and highlights for my upcoming Camino Portugues. Your sharing is much appreciated :)

Hello pilgrims!

Hola

I'm glad you found beds in the Albergues. I'm just back from surveying the route for a new CSJ guide and there were many other pilgrims around.
Booking.com is very useful but hotels and hostels rarely put all of their available accommodation on the site - if it is shown as full on booking.com you should always telephone.
However it is still early in the year and I think this route will only become more popular.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back