• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help --Pamplona to St Jean Pied de Port

Trainee 1949

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2014
We will be leaving @ April 18 2016 from St Jean
I think in my readings I heard of a service that will pick you up in Pamplona train station house and feed you and take you to St Jean the following morning Sounded like the way to go
I can't find it-----If it does exist outside of my imagination!!!!
Help

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The transport service which you seek is part of the package offered by Corazon Puro. All they offer is great including good food, comfy beds and gracious hosts!

Buen camino!

Last edited:
The service is offered by Corazon Puro. All is great with good food,comfy beds and gracious hosts!

Buen camino!
Thanks while it's some time out would you recommend making reservations @Feb for mid April or as soon as we firm up air travel in next few weeks
Plan to fly Philia to Madrid morning arrival train to Pamplona late afternoon arrival spend night there off to St Jean morning get settled and off to pilgrimage next morning

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Once you have your travel reservations I would contact Corazón Puro to verify they will be open during the time you want to travel. They will advise you as to when you should reserve your spot. This is the way it went for me when I made my reservations there for September 6th.

ASAP might be a good idea; Corazon Puro accommodates only 10 pilgrims in 5 rooms.

Thanks while it's some time out would you recommend making reservations @Feb for mid April or as soon as we firm up air travel in next few weeks
Plan to fly Philia to Madrid morning arrival train to Pamplona late afternoon arrival spend night there off to St Jean morning get settled and off to pilgrimage next morning

Hi, trainee, I usually try to refrain from offering unsolicited advice, but since you say you are in the process of firming up air travel -- have you checked how much it would cost to add on flights from Madrid-Pamplona and Santiago-Madrid? I got that suggestion several years ago on the forum and found that for my Champaign-Chicago-Madrid round trip flight, it usually costs very little extra to extend the first flight to Bilbao, Valencia, Barcelona or wherever I'm starting from, and also to add the Santiago to Madrid segment on the way home. It's called an open jaw or multi city flight. I don't know, you may have a particular reason for wanting to take the train to Pamplona, but if not, you might be surprised at how little it adds to your price. It saves a lot of travel time, especially on the way home, you can leave Santiago on a 9:15 flight and be in Barajas in time for most of the US-bound flights. Buen camino, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, trainee, I usually try to refrain from offering unsolicited advice, but since you say you are in the process of firming up air travel -- have you checked how much it would cost to add on flights from Madrid-Pamplona and Santiago-Madrid? I got that suggestion several years ago on the forum and found that for my Champaign-Chicago-Madrid round trip flight, it usually costs very little extra to extend the first flight to Bilbao, Valencia, Barcelona or wherever I'm starting from, and also to add the Santiago to Madrid segment on the way home. It's called an open jaw or multi city flight. I don't know, you may have a particular reason for wanting to take the train to Pamplona, but if not, you might be surprised at how little it adds to your price. It saves a lot of travel time, especially on the way home, you can leave Santiago on a 9:15 flight and be in Barajas in time for most of the US-bound flights. Buen camino, Laurie

I agree as this has worked very well for me and eliminated a lot of stress. My upcoming trip in September I fly from the U.S. to Madrid to Pamplona. On the return trip I fly from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid to the U.S. The only minor issue I ran in to is that Pensión Corazón Puro does not pick up from the Pamplona airport so I need to get from the airport to the bus or train station where they do pick up pilgrims.

Corazon Puro are not taking reservations for 2016 until early January. (I recently asked about 27th April, and received that response.)

Though my plans have since changed and I'm now travelling to StJPdP this coming September, and plan to take the bus from Pamplona at 17.30 arriving StJPdP at 19.15.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I agree as this has worked very well for me and eliminated a lot of stress. My upcoming trip in September I fly from the U.S. to Madrid to Pamplona. On the return trip I fly from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid to the U.S. The only minor issue I ran in to is that Pensión Corazón Puro does not pick up from the Pamplona airport so I need to get from the airport to the bus or train station where they do pick up pilgrims.

Hi, Mike, did you compare the price differential for adding on the Madrid-Pamplona and Santiago-Madrid flights? I know a lot of people who just assume it is going to be so much more expensive to add on those domestic flights and it never has been for me. Just wondering what your experience was. And yes, I agree about the stress. Though airport transfers can be a pain, it is much less of a hassle than leaving the airport and finding your way to another form of transportation.

There must be a bus from Pamplona's airport to the city, no? I have landed in a lot of Spanish airports and have always found public transport, but maybe Pamplona is the exception that proves the rule.

Bet you are getting excited about your upcoing camino, not much time till boots are on the ground! Buen camino, Laurie

Bus 16 goes from the airport to Plaza de Paz (at the bus station,which is right near the big park with the old fortress). It runs every 30 minutes and costs 1.1 euros.

Taxis are probably not too expensive either, but if you have the time, and are going to get picked up by Corazon Puro at the bus station, the bus option is cheap and easy.

There is no information about bus service on the Pamplona airport website. It only gives information about taxis. Given the low volume of air traffic, I'd guess there won't be taxi's waiting either; you'll likely have to call one.

Pamplona TCC Bus 16 travels PA 31. There is a bus stop to the North of the Airport Road intersection at Rotonda Poligono Noain Esquiroz. Its 1 km from the airport terminal.

Pamplona Airport
http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Pamplona/en/

Pamplona urban bus network TCC
http://www.infotuc.es/index.php/es/

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is no information about bus service on the Pamplona airport website. It only gives information about taxis. Given the low volume of air traffic, I'd guess there won't be taxi's waiting either; you'll likely have to call one.

Pamplona TCC Bus 16 travels PA 31. There is a bus stop to the North of the Airport Road intersection at Rotonda Poligono Noain Esquiroz. Its 1 km from the airport terminal.

Pamplona Airport

Whari's right that the bus stop is not onsite at the airport, but it's probably closer to 3/4 km than a km based on my memory. In any event, if you're up for a 15 minute walk, you can get into the city for a euro.

On the other hand, in my experience, taxis know the flight schedules and are there when flights arrive. You are almost always able to find other pilgrim-looking folks to share a cab, too. Buen camino, Laurie

Bus 16 goes from the airport to Plaza de Paz (at the bus station,which is right near the big park with the old fortress). It runs every 30 minutes and costs 1.1 euros.

Taxis are probably not too expensive either, but if you have the time, and are going to get picked up by Corazon Puro at the bus station, the bus option is cheap and easy.

Contacted Corazon Puro, earlier in the week, and they relayed they are not taking reservations for April 2016 until February. Further, they confirmed they pick up only at the bus, or train station. FYI: The (now reserved) cost to fly into Pamplona, was no more than the cost to Madrid. Cost to fly on April 25th, 2016, from New Orleans, to Chicago, to Madrid, to Pamplo

na, via American/Iberia/Air Nostrum (this is NOT an advert,) was $1257.

Hi, Mike, did you compare the price differential for adding on the Madrid-Pamplona and Santiago-Madrid flights? I know a lot of people who just assume it is going to be so much more expensive to add on those domestic flights and it never has been for me. Just wondering what your experience was. And yes, I agree about the stress. Though airport transfers can be a pain, it is much less of a hassle than leaving the airport and finding your way to another form of transportation.

There must be a bus from Pamplona's airport to the city, no? I have landed in a lot of Spanish airports and have always found public transport, but maybe Pamplona is the exception that proves the rule.

Bet you are getting excited about your upcoing camino, not much time till boots are on the ground! Buen camino, Laurie

Yes I did compare and it was very minimal. I wish I could remember how much. $60 or less I believe.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Pamplona Airport

Whari's right that the bus stop is not onsite at the airport, but it's probably closer to 3/4 km than a km based on my memory. In any event, if you're up for a 15 minute walk, you can get into the city for a euro.

On the other hand, in my experience, taxis know the flight schedules and are there when flights arrive. You are almost always able to find other pilgrim-looking folks to share a cab, too. Buen camino, Laurie

Thank you so much. Now that I have studied the map, and having taken Spanish lessons since last September, it looks pretty easy and I'm going to give the bus a try!

Thanks again.

In the past, we have walked out of the airport onto the main road, heading direction Pamplona. You then walk to the nearest bus stop at the first roundabout. Yes. It's about a 15 minute walk.

Contacted Corazon Puro, earlier in the week, and they relayed they are not taking reservations for April 2016 until February. Further, they confirmed they pick up only at the bus, or train station. FYI: The (now reserved) cost to fly into Pamplona, was no more than the cost to Madrid. Cost to fly on April 25th, 2016, from New Orleans, to Chicago, to Madrid, to Pamplo

na, via American/Iberia/Air Nostrum (this is NOT an advert,) was $1257.

I should clarify: This $1275 is the roundtrip fare, with the return from SdC, to Madrid, to Charlotte, to New Orleans, on June 8th.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back