• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP!!! Paris (BVA) Airport to SJPdP

aname4me

aname4me
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, (2021)
Help.. RyanAir has just canceled (on Sept 15th) our September 21 flight to Biarritz.
I will spare everyone the details.... but..

We are now flying into Paris at 9:00am Sept 21

I am now desperate to figure out how to get from....

Paris (Beauvais) (BVA) Airport
to
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Please can someone help us out?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Help.. RyanAir has just canceled (on Sept 15th) our September 21 flight to Biarritz.

to
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Argh! Ryanair. Yes I just read about their erratic cancellations for the upcoming months.

Beauvais is really not in Paris at all but more than an hour and half drive from Paris. But Ryanair advertises this ( like here in Belgium where they say Charleroi is Brussels South ).
But there is a shuttle bus from Beauvais to Paris.
https://www.aeroportparisbeauvais.com/en/passengers/

Or you could take a regular train from Beauvais railstation to Paris Montparnasse or even maybe to Bayonne from where there is a connection to Saint Jean .
This could be an option....
http://www.sncf.com/en/horaires-info-trafic/trajet/resultats

I hope it works out.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
What nightmare....

The 9:52 train is €115 each (too early to catch)
The 12:52 train is €230 each

Our original RyanAir flight was less then €50 each
There is something called "Bla Bla Car" leaving Paris 14:00 arriving SJPP 21:50 for $72

Welcome to the Camino improvise school!!

If you can get into Paris then to Orly you can find flights from there to Biarritz. Or follow the info given for the trains. I will fall back to the old reminder slow down take your time. The more time you give yourself to arrive the less stress. Once you begin to walk all you will need to worry about is following yellow arrows & your body staying healthy. No rush. It will work out. just remember don't be afraid to communicate. Get google translate on your phone great tool.
Keith

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've no idea of your ages but if you are over 60 you can get a senior discount on French trains. (If memory serves me right it's about 1/3 off regular fares. ) You don't need to have a special senior rail card for this. Probably would not be worth investing in a French senior rail card which gives bigger discounts but the regular senior tickets are worth having if you are 60 plus. Spanish senior rail cards are about €6 and can be bought at Spanish train stations, I definitely recommend these for over 60s.

Last edited:

to
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Sorry to hear this. They do as they please and leave the customers in the cold.
Hope everything will work out for you.

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Sorry to read this and cannot suggest an alternative to get you to St. Jean. Ryanair have an obligation to provide an alternative flight - so you will be able to claim compensation which may go some way in defraying your costs> See this article from todays BBC news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41291483

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

to
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

The only flight I see that is reasonable for cost is a flight from CDG to Biarritz at 7am on Sept 22 thru Easy jet cost $152 US

A Dublin News Paper says RyanAir has canceled 182 flight (so far) stranding 36,000 passengers.
They charge €0.15 per minute to call them. Their internet “Chat Line” is so plugged it doesn't work.

We have opted for the familiar, this being our third Camino.

So.... We booked (at our expense)
Vueling Air to Barcelona
Can't find a Hotel in Barcelona for less then €150, so a night in Barcelona Airport.
Renfe Train to Pamplona
Hotel in Pamplona
Bus to SJPdP

We have 8 hours in Dublin Airport. With any luck, I can make it to the front on the RyanAir Customer Service line and present them with our Bill.

A Dublin News Paper says RyanAir has canceled 182 flight (so far) stranding 36,000 passengers.
They charge €0.15 per minute to call them. Their internet “Chat Line” is so plugged it doesn't work.

We have opted for the familiar, this being our third Camino.

So.... We booked (at our expense)
Vueling Air to Barcelona
Can't find a Hotel in Barcelona for less then €150, so a night in Barcelona Airport.
Renfe Train to Pamplona
Hotel in Pamplona
Bus to SJPdP

We have 8 hours in Dublin Airport. With any luck, I can make it to the front on the RyanAir Customer Service line and present them with our Bill.
Sad to hear you have so much trouble and worries before even starting your Camino. But better before than after ;)

I did some checking on flight tickets from TB to Biarritz on 21/22 Sept and came out with the sum of 779€ one person/one way. Just nosy how much will you pay for that trip with this new flights you had to book?

€149,-

to
Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Can't help with your arrangements but your cancellation was the tip of the iceberg for Ryanair. It has cancelled 100's of flights citing spurious reasoning and it has hit the news in the UK bigtime.
Hope you have kept your receipts. Do some research. You may/should be able to claim your additional costs back. Regards

Are there any other Ryanair flights sets available on a different day at a reasonable cost? I know you have had your fingers burnt but assuming you have no booked nights on the Camino this may be the simplest solution.:mad:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.