• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Help please - English Speaking Dentist in Santiago

louloubloom

Time of past OR future Camino
Saria -> Santiago September 2019
I have arrived in O Pedrouzo for the final night of my pilgrimage. Unfortunately I have had some tooth problems today & might need to see a Dentist on Monday. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't know... not many dentists advertise if they speak a different language or not. I would just stop by a dentist once in Santiago and ask. There are many in Santiago, but this place is one of them, centrally located as well (I have no personal experience here):

I have arrived in O Pedrouzo for the final night of my pilgrimage. Unfortunately I have had some tooth problems today & might need to see a Dentist on Monday. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
I'm sure Tourist Office or Pilgrim Office would know the answer.

Wish you all the best!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Having broken a front tooth after walking into an unmarked glass door in an albergue on the third day of the Camino, my first appointment in Santiago was at the tourist office. The helpful staff directed me to one of the 101 dental practices in the city, where I was seen without an appointment. I’m sorry that I cannot recall the name of the practice, but I can assure you that the young dentist who repaired the damage proved to be both a fluent English-speaker and a highly competent dentist.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had to see some doctors during this year's Camino due to some minor issues that had potential to become very serious issues indeed.
I used Google translate combined with the proper Latin medical designations for symptoms found on a official health care Web site in my native language.
It worked perfectly although the doctors didn't understand a word in English. But nonetheless I found them to be very competent and carefull. They didn't do anything before they were absolutely sure they had understood the problem correctly. The treatment prescribed was the correct one and worked perfectly. They even gave me a paper with the symptoms, cause and cure for the issue at hand so I could continue my pilgrimage but contact doctors further ahead if needed.
From my experience I'll say that not all Spanish doctors may speak English. But they are competent, professional and careful. I'll trust them any day.
And trust in other people is sometimes necessary for a Pilgrim 😊

Hello there, Clínica Millenium, you can try that one. I went with a pilgrim 2 years ago and you can pay cash and not expensive, ask anyway just in case, sometimes doctors change. It is in Doutor Teixeiro st.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.