• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help, please!!!

Gosia007

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 28th July 2016
Camino...... July 2017
Hello everyone,
Can I ask anyone and everyone for help, please?
After initial plans to walk from Muxia towards Santiago, abandoning those plans to then walk from Lugo to Santiago and then to Muxia, we are now forced to completely change our plans (myself and friend I will be walking with) and look for a route where we could walk fairly short distances each day.
We have flight tickets booked to and from Spain and cannot change those but are flexible in terms where we start and how far we walk every day.
Camino Frances was not on our radar at all but as the best serviced one I thought might be a good option for us in this situation ( we would like to walk fairly short distances due to some minor health issues).
I have looked at some websites and came up with a 10 days plan. I based it though on a Spanish website (without any knowledge of Spanish) so might be completely off.
Could I ask you to kindly look at my provisional plan and advice, please? Is it doable? Are there really albergues in the places I chose?
We are going to appreciate any suggestions.
O Cebreiro to Fonfria 11.9 km
Fonfria to Calvor 22.3 km although we would be keen to break this stage into two. Any suggestions?
Calvor via Sarria to Mirallos 18.8 km
Mirallos to Gonzar 16.8 km
Gonzar to Palas de Rei 17km
Palas de Rei to Melide 14.8 km
Melide to Arzua 14km
Arzua to Santa Irene 16.3 km
Santa Irene to Lavacolla 12.3 km
Lavacolla to Santiago 10.5km

How does it sound?

Buen Camino!!
God bless
Gosia

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Forgot to say-any other 10-12 days long routes suggestion will be very much appreciated.
We are flying to and from Madrid but flexible otherwise.
Thank you!

Hello everyone,
After initial plans to walk from Muxia towards Santiago, abandoning those plans to then walk from Lugo to Santiago and then to Muxia, we are now forced to completely change our plans (myself and friend I will be walking with) and look for a route where we could walk fairly short distances each day.
We have flight tickets booked to and from Spain and cannot change those but are flexible in terms where we start and how far we walk every day.
Camino Frances was not on our radar at all but as the best serviced one I thought might be a good option for us in this situation ( we would like to walk fairly short distances due to some minor health issues).
I have looked at some websites and came up with a 10 days plan. I based it though on a Spanish website (without any knowledge of Spanish) so might be completely off.
Could I ask you to kindly look at my provisional plan and advice, please? Is it doable? Are there really albergues in the places I chose?
Fonfria to Calvor 22.3 km although we would be keen to break this stage into two. Any suggestions?
Melide to Arzua 14km

How does it sound?

Buen Camino!!
God bless
Gosia

Your plan looks fine and the distances are doable! There really are pilgrum albergues in most of the stops that you have selected. Use this Gronze.com Spanish web to see a list of most accommodation along the way.

https://www.gronze.com/etapa/cebreiro/triacastela

It lists both pilgrim albergues and regular tourist accommodation. Cited by location progressing along the camino the pilgrim albergues are printed first in one ink and the tourist accommodation below in another. Tap each citation for further info such as actual address/web/email/cost etc. Booking.com links are also provided.

Happy planning and Buen camino to both of you!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Since you have a 22.3 km, an 18.9, two of nearly 17 km, what is not working for you starting in Lugo?

Since you have a 22.3 km, an 18.9, two of nearly 17 km, what is not working for you starting in Lugo?
We have 2 weeks (flying in on the 21st late at night, flying out 22nd). Initially we wanted to walk from Lugo to Santiago and continue to Muxia. From what I read though the stages between Lugo and Santiago are usually over 20km and as said in my first post-we are now dealing with minor but nonetheless existing health issues. :(
Do you think we are over-cautious?o_O

Any other routes? We are both flying to Madrid but from different countries. Complicated, I know :D

From what I read though the stages between Lugo and Santiago are usually over 20km

Any other routes? We are both flying to Madrid but from different countries. Complicated, I know :D

I walked the Primitivo in short stages. Let's ...

Lugo to San Roman -19.7km
San roman to As Seixas - 10.9
As Seixas to Melide - 14.7 km
Melide to Ribadiso - 11.1km
Ribadiso to Santa Irene- 20km, but many options before. Actually, from Ribadiso you can have even shorter etapas than mine.

You could then consider walking from Santiago to Muxia, perhaps taking a taxi each morning to get you a few km ahead, and walk the rest, what you feel is manageable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked the Primitivo in short stages. Let's ...

Lugo to San Roman -19.7km
San roman to As Seixas - 10.9
As Seixas to Melide - 14.7 km
Melide to Ribadiso - 11.1km
Ribadiso to Santa Irene- 20km, but many options before. Actually, from Ribadiso you can have even shorter etapas th
Thank you. That gives us something to re-consider.
Much appreciated :)

Were you going to try to start in O' Cebreiro? The albergue there (there is only one) prioritizes those who have walked in, so you may not get a bed if you start there. You might want to consider another town in which to start.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Were you going to try to start in O' Cebreiro? The albergue there (there is only one) prioritizes those who have walked in, so you may not get a bed if you start there. You might want to consider another town in which to start.
Yes, a valid point. You can get buses to Piedrafita O Cebreiro (that's the village, down the valley). From there it is a steep but beautiful hour walk to O Cebreiro proper; or you can take the early bird bus (it leaves 6:45, I remember, not in Sundays).
I saw a couple of private albergues in O Cebreiro.
I don't know what your health problem is, but consider also that after O Cebreiro there is a steep descent (not good for woobly knees...:()
Buen Camino!
(Edited: more probably hostals or hotels in O')

Last edited:
Hi, Camino 2720.JPG You might want to consider Fonfria to Samos to Sarria. Samos is gorgeous and it is a beautiful walk. The albergue in Samos also has great food. :) Best of luck to you and Buen Camino.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
One of my most memorable and favourite views on the CF. This is apparently the largest monastery in Europe.

Yes, a valid point. You can get buses to Piedrafita O Cebreiro (that's the village, down the valley). From there it is a steep but beautiful hour walk to O Cebreiro proper; or you can take the early bird bus (it leaves 6:45, I remember, not in Sundays).
I saw a couple of private albergues in O Cebreiro.
I don't know what your health problem is, but consider also that after O Cebreiro there is a steep descent (not good for woobly knees...:()
Buen Camino!
(Edited: more probably hostals or hotels in O')
I stayed in Casa Corolo in O'Cebreiro. There are a few private options available if you can't stay in municipal albergue. There is a steep descent but not as bad as I expected.

Hello everyone,
Melide to Arzua 14km

How does it sound?

Buen Camino!!
God bless
Gosia
I would suggest the Camino Sanabre from Ourense to Santiago. There are good places to stay at about 18KM each day. It is not crowded and a beautiful walk......... Ultreya........ Willy/Utah/USA

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello everyone,
Melide to Arzua 14km

How does it sound?

Buen Camino!!
God bless
Gosia

Secure your tickets forehand is not very flexible is it???
On the other hand you schould try the Camino Potogues.
Bom Caminho

Thank you everyone for your comments. Thank to you advice we had decided to do it and are walking from Lugo to San Roman.
Particular thanks to Anemone!!!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thank you everyone for your comments. Thank to you advice we had decided to do it and are walking from Lugo to San Roman.
Particular thanks to Anemone!!!
So happy to have been able to suggest an alternative that works for you.

Enjoy your Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.