• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help! Services in Logrono

Elisha

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning April/May 2018
Hi Pilgrims,

As a lot of you might know, I had to unfortunately cancel my Camino last week, 11 hours before flying to SJPDP with an ankle injury. I’ve had time to rest & get a proper diagnosis here in London, so now I’m ready to head to the Camino & join my friends in Logrono.

I’m currently trying to reshuffle all my plans, now flying into Bilbao on Saturday afternoon. Just curious if anyone has any transport recommendations to get down to Logrono (flight lands at 4.15pm) as I’m having trouble finding much in the way of buses at that time?

Also, I’m looking for a luggage courier to transport my second bag to Satiago, but again, I’m having trouble finding a company in Logroño. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks again for all your support. It’s been an incredibly rough few weeks.

Elisha

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You may have to spend Saturday night in Bilbao, with a16h15 arrival, after collecting your bags, getting through customs (it's not a big airport) waiting for the shuttle to downtown: it is going to take at least an hour to get to the bus station.
Check rome2rio for bus and train connections, but if you need a hotel, there is a small, clean place called Hostal San Mames on Luis Brinas about 1/2 block from the bus station. The neighborhood has been under major renovation so it is safe to stay there. Otherwise there are albergues but you will be arriving late so they may be full unless they take reservations. I heard someone mention Clarets End in a recent thread but I don't know where it is exactly.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I did look at that option, however I’m planning to walk out of Logrono on Sunday morning & the post office isn’t open on a Sunday
You could use a luggage transport service to the next town and mail from there (if they have a post office). Or spend a night in Logroño, it's a fun town with a great tapas scene, then mail your suitcase and start walking on Monday.

then use a backpack and luggage company to send it from Logroño to your next stop (Najera) and on Monday go to Correos and send it to Santiago

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You could use a luggage transport service to the next town and mail from there (if they have a post office). Or spend a night in Logroño, it's a fun town with a great tapas scene, then mail your suitcase and start walking on Monday.
then use a backpack and luggage company to send it from Logroño to your next stop (Najera) and on Monday go to Correos and send it to Santiago

Fantastic suggestion! Thank you!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I used it last year,and will again this August, ticket office at back of terminal bus station great service see web site for times get there a bit early as bus can be full ?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I used it last year,and will again this August, ticket office at back of terminal bus station great service see web site for times get there a bit early as bus can be full ?

Brilliant! The website is a bit vague regarding details and the booking section doesn’t seem to work, so it made me feel a bit nervous relying too heavily on the 6.30pm service being legit. Hopefully it’s all systems go when I get there on Saturday

The website requires Adobe Flash Player and seems to work for me - it's quite fancy, actually. There are still plenty of seats on this bus at the time of writing, perhaps the screenshot below helps. Bon voyage and buen camino!

View attachment 41923

You are an absolute rockstar! Thank you! I’ve only had my phone to rely on hence why it’s been an issue. Fantastic!

Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Delighted to hear you are on the road to recovery and hopefully soon on the road to Santiago.
As suggested, use Jacotrans or similar to send your case forward one stage and then post it to Santiago.

This is the Spanish Post Office site with Camino specific services. It is multi language.

www.elcaminoconcorreos.com

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back