• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP - sport store in burgos

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2016 (Roncesvalles - Finisterre)
Had to stop in burgos due to serious blisters developed in the last 3 stages and worsened dramatically after belorado-ages stage. Record high temps. and all around goretex boots enlarged and baked my feet beyond imagination. Im looking for a specialized store in burgos that carries TEVA TERRA FI 4 or LITE. Any idea? Thanks everybody.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Had to stop in burgos due to serious blisters developed in the last 3 stages and worsened dramatically after belorado-ages stage. Record high temps. and all around goretex boots enlarged and baked my feet beyond imagination. Im looking for a specialized store in burgos that carries TEVA TERRA FI 4 or LITE. Any idea? Thanks everybody.
http://www.deportesmanzanedo.com/catalogo/shops.php
This was on another thread good luck!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
There's a Decathlon store there, too. Not sure if they will have the exact shoes you are looking for, but from the sound of it, whatever they got gotta be better than what's on your feet now.
cheers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Easy to get to the Decathlon store - go to Plaza España, and ask anyone where to get the bus -- it's free! And they have a a lot of brands from all over!

I appreciate that guys. Sounds manzanedo will do. Decathlon has its own brands mostly and they really dont compare to Teva. Then again, it would be better than what i got now.
Strange thing is i was fine and dandy the first 5 stages; had 0 blisters. Then i just couldnt fit my feet in the boots anymore, even though they were one size bigger. Locals say this year s heat is not normal.
Thanks again

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Much obliged
Good luck with finding a good sandal. I find the thicker soles like Teva or Chaco seem to keep the rocks out better than say the Keens.
But if you find Keens the Voyager boot has no Gortex & has no break in they just need better foot beds.
I think the sandal idea is great though for hot if your heels start drying out just wear socks a couple days. By now your ankles should be strong but Ocebrio has some wicked terrain & rocks even high top tennis shoes would be a thought when crossing over.
Buen Camino

I feel your pain. I made almost that exact same mistake (boots in the summer) two years ago, and sent almost this exact same request. Went to Base at Calle Madrid 19. Ended up with a pair of Asics tennis shoes. Not perfect, but they got me to Leon, where a store had a pair of Keen Newports in my size, and another store had a pair of Merrell water shoes (??? Hey, they worked for the asphalt and concrete better than the Keens).

Get your shoes, then go to Michelle and Felix's alburgue in Rabe de las Calzadas (Santa Marina). A bus will take you most of the way, but you'll have to walk the last 2km (the most painful 2km of my life). Beg Michelle to fix your feet, even if the alburgue is full (there are only 8 beds). She fixed my feet, but more importantly my spirit (I was ready to quit the Camino). She said that if I just walked as I could (leaving at 6am to walk in the cool of the day, changing socks every 45 minutes, lots of footpowder) I would get to Santiago. If I could not walk more than 10km a day, that was fine. I would still get there. She was right. The Camino breaks everyone. And it put me (and many others) back together again, as long as I did not give up and kept walking). The lesson I learned is that we do not heal and then do life. We heal as we do life. Don't stop walking.

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo

I feel your pain. I made almost that exact same mistake (boots in the summer) two years ago, and sent almost this exact same request. Went to Base at Calle Madrid 19. Ended up with a pair of Asics tennis shoes. Not perfect, but they got me to Leon, where a store had a pair of Keen Newports in my size, and another store had a pair of Merrell water shoes (??? Hey, they worked for the asphalt and concrete better than the Keens).

Get your shoes, then go to Michelle and Felix's alburgue in Rabe de las Calzadas (Santa Marina). A bus will take you most of the way, but you'll have to walk the last 2km (the most painful 2km of my life). Beg Michelle to fix your feet, even if the alburgue is full (there are only 8 beds). She fixed my feet, but more importantly my spirit (I was ready to quit the Camino). She said that if I just walked as I could (leaving at 6am to walk in the cool of the day, changing socks every 45 minutes, lots of footpowder) I would get to Santiago. If I could not walk more than 10km a day, that was fine. I would still get there. She was right. The Camino breaks everyone. And it put me (and many others) back together again, as long as I did not give up and kept walking). The lesson I learned is that we do not heal and then do life. We heal as we do life. Don't stop walking.

Buen Camino,
Jo Jo

Hey jo jo
Thanks for the suggestions and cheer up. It is not my intention to quit...by all means. So ultreya and beyond!@

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.