Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help stupid questions please

Time of past OR future Camino
primitivo in the future
Hola!
I have few questions,I am planning to walk the Primitivo alone.I speak Spanish ,does locals around speak castellano or is more common their dialect..Which company/sim would you suggest to buy? Where can I get in Oviedo the camino passport? Where exactly is the starting point of the Primitivo walk?Is it quiet easy to follow up the trial or not?is the path well marked with signs? I don't plan nothing in advance, I am quiet adaptable and I prefer to go out from my comfort zone,instead of planning an adventure as an holiday, so I just want to know if there are enough albergues on the route .
thanks in advance.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola!
I have few questions,I am planning to walk the Primitivo alone.I speak Spanish ,does locals around speak castellano or is more common their dialect..Which company/sim would you suggest to buy? Where can I get in Oviedo the camino passport? Where exactly is the starting point of the Primitivo walk?Is it quiet easy to follow up the trial or not?is the path well marked with signs? I don't plan nothing in advance, I am quiet adaptable and I prefer to go out from my comfort zone,instead of planning an adventure as an holiday, so I just want to know if there are enough albergues on the route .
thanks in advance.
Hola!

I'm sure a lot of forum members will chime in with their suggestions and infos but if you speak Spanish then you can find lots of info in these links:

You can find much more in this subforum where you posted your question. Not to mention uncle Google ;)

Buen Camino!

Hola!

I'm sure a lot of forum members will chime in with their suggestions and infos but if you speak Spanish then you can find lots of info in these links:

You can find much more in this subforum where you posted your question. Not to mention uncle Google ;)

Buen Camino!
Gracias,aun no he encuentrado toda las respuestas jajaj

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola!
I have few questions,I am planning to walk the Primitivo alone.I speak Spanish ,does locals around speak castellano or is more common their dialect.
Hola
From Oviedo to Pola de Allande the locals speak an asturianized Spanish that could be called as Castellano dialect. From Berducedo to Galicia they speak a dialect of Galician language and finally Galician in Galicia. In both regions there are also people who speak good Castellano as their first language and the rest as their second.
If you can speak Castellano you won't have any problem.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You will be fine with Castellano. Everyone who speaks a dialect usually speaks Castellano, as it is the standard for Spanish.

For a movil SIM, I recommend Vodafone or Orange. Both are good, but my preference is for Vodafone. You can search for an authorized shop in Oviedo. Use Google Maps to search for "Vodafone shop near me," etc.

You can obtain a credencial at the Cathedral in Oviedo. You can also get your first sello / stamp there. The Camino route extends from there. Foloow the arrows...

Also, there is a tourist information office at:

Calle Marqués de Sta. Cruz, S/N, 33007 Oviedo

They will be better able to guide you. Use your mapping app or other map to locate this office. Here is the website of the tourismo...

Hope this helps.

Hola!
thanks in advance.
Hola,
Please know that when it comes to he Camino, there are NO stupid questions. I hope all questions from inquiring Peregrinos will be welcomed by the more experienced Peregrinos. We all rely on the experience and expertise of others to enrich our own experiences. There will come a time very soon when you will be the “expert”. Buen Camino

Hello @giulianewinthecamino. There are plenty of albergues, public and private, at various distances on the Primitivo. The only long distance is on about the 5th day of the Primitivo if you choose the Hospitales route, when you have to walk about 27 km to get from one albergue to the next. There are absolutely no services on this day so you must carry all the food and water required for your long arduous day over the mountains. If this is not good for you, chose the Pola de Allande route instead or also if the weather is bad. Get advice from the locals. My Tarzan, Latin American spanish got me everywhere, so I am sure you will have absolutely no trouble at all!

Like @t2andreo I second the vote for using Vodaphone - l use it now exclusively!

The trail is well marked, except for coming out of Oviedo, I talked to many pilgrims who got lost. You must look on the pavement for bronze waymarks, and they are only present if there is a change in direction. You can look at my 1st day to see how it is done, and/or to download my GPS tracks. You can always use Google maps too with your Spanish sim card if you get lost!

We never had trouble finding ATM's in the larger towns. Always carry plenty of cash for about three days, is my advice!

All my best to you! You will love this walk!
Elle

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola!
thanks in advance.
You have got a lot of questions for a person who does not plan anything in advance😄😏
I think you can get the credencial in the albergue,
The route is well marked, the way out of Oviedo was a little unclear, it probably starts at the cathedral
There are enough albergues
If the weather is good I would take the hospitalesroute after Borres

Hi
You can get the credential at the municipal albergue and the stamp at the cathedral. Better yet organise a credential before you leave.
Re the Hospitales route, it is absolutely worth doing. I did it while on crutches and would do it again. If you're worried about the distance or lack of services you need to talk to Herminia at the albergue the night before. She arranged for a lift to cut the first 6km (on road anyway) and a lift from the other side of the mountain when you're back on the road.
Never had issues with accommodation on the Primitivo until the trail joined the Frances

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back