• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HELP...The REAL end of the world...!

Priscillian

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 1999, Aragones 2000, Desde Le Puy 2002, Portuguese 2009, hoping RDLP 2014
Am hoping to walk from S de C to Muxia shortly (27th). I was surprised from the Confraternity guide that the route is so far inland from Muxia to Finisterre. I would dearly love to go back to Touriñan, (the real most westerly point and nothing there but sheep and wild horses, and a rather sad little lighthouse) maybe overnight in tent. Where would be a good veering off left spot from the Camino be, and approximately how far of a detour would this be there and back)? I am nursing 10 stitches in my leg right now and already walking against doctor's orders...(but what do they know?)
Thanks mucho...
Tracy
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Tracy,

To the best of my knowledge, you have no choice but to cross the Lires river and reach Frixe on the camino. At Frixe, take the road direction Tourinan (Loalo, Castro). Approximate distance to Tourinan pueblo is 6 km and another 3 to the lighthouse, as you know if you've been there before.

On the return, you can get back on the camino at Morquitian via Viseu, approx 5 km, and avoid going back to Frixe.

I am sure the locals can direct you correctly.

I hope this is of some help,
Jean-Marc
P-S. Edited for distance.

Walking directions to Touriñán, Muxia, Spain

Cee
Spain
1. Head north on Calle de Domingo Antonio de Andrade toward Rúa de A Xunqueira 88 m
2. Turn left to stay on Calle de Domingo Antonio de Andrade 59 m
3. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto Rúa A 170 m
4. Turn right onto Av de Blanco Fernando/AC-550 15 m
5. Turn left onto Ctra da Escasanas 280 m
6. Turn left toward Camino de Pallares 111 95 m
7. Slight right onto Camino de Pallares 111 500 m
8. Turn left at Ctra de Ceexallas 600 m
9. Turn left toward AC-552 190 m
10. Turn right onto AC-552 2.0 km
11. Turn left onto AC-2303 700 m
12. Slight left toward AC-2301 600 m
13. Turn left onto AC-2301 1.5 km
14. Turn right toward Lugar de Frixe 2.7 km
15. Continue straight onto Lugar de Frixe 4.6 km
16. Slight left 600 m
17. Slight left 20 m
Touriñán
Muxia, Spain

However, the cape WNW of Lisbon, Portugal is actually further west, so perhaps it should be the true "end of the earth."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you, both of you, VERY much. I am going to give it a go. I thought that I might actually start at Hospital, go the Dumbria route to Muxia and then down to Fisterre detouring to Cabo Tourinan, and then back to Hospital and my car. It's not the whole route but with all the shoe leather I've lost to the Camino, I don't think anyone will tut tut too much. Thanks again. Tracy
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
P.S. Not Cap San Vicente????

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.