• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help to get madrid to astorga today

monicad

Time of past OR future Camino
first walking early august
Missed bus went to wrong station
No more buses today no trains
Does anyone have room for 3 travelers myself my grown daughter and son

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is a 14:40 train leaving from Charmatin train station to Leon with change to Astorga. Looked on: Loco 2.com. Put in 3 tickets were available. Not sure where you are. If you get going you should be able to get there and get tickets!

I did the same on the Renfe site and no tickets anymore .

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yep! That is correct! I checked again and they were gone!! There were tickets two minutes ago to Leon on the Renfe website leaving around 4:30 pm. which gets you into Leon around 9:30. Then take a cab to Astorga. It will run likely about 75 euros at night. However it depends on how urgently you want to get to your destination?

BTW...for those who write that they have never experienced full trains, take note!

Last edited:
Noted! I arrive Aug 20 into Madrid and do not know yet where I will be travelling (Sahagun is likely, but it might be Leon, or Mansilla de las Mulas). Hoping to be able to predict (and buy a train ticket) before I leave home, but it all depends where Spouse is on the road on the 19th and what he is predicting for the 20-21st.

Once you have a better idea, you will likely be able to get a ticket two days before especially on a weekday-unless there is something special going on at your destination. Suggest you print out the tickets at home. Then you do not have to deal with lines at windows in Madrid.

I already have my Promo preference tickets for October1st!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Brilliant! Thanks. Also... for those hoping to get SIM cards in Madrid — apparently the line-ups are very long right now. Spouse has to wait to get to Pamplona in a few days because he would have missed his train had he queued for a SIM card. Tried in Pamplona when waiting for his bus to SJPDP, but it was afternoon and the shops were all closed.

Brilliant! Thanks. Also... for those hoping to get SIM cards in Madrid — apparently the line-ups are very long right now. Spouse has to wait to get to Pamplona in a few days because he would have missed his train had he queued for a SIM card. Tried in Pamplona when waiting for his bus to SJPDP, but it was afternoon and the shops were all closed.

Thanks, Morgan, we will have the same problem. We are trying to figure out how to get a reliable SIM card for spain withdata for an IPhone 8+ in USA?

Thanks, Morgan, we will have the same problem. We are trying to figure out how to get a reliable SIM card for spain withdata for an IPhone 8+ in USA?
We are travelling from Canada so I’m not sure what to tell you for the “in between A and B” days, but we purchase a plan called “roam like home” for that. When I was last on Camino, I picked up a Nano-SIM at Orange in Pamplona. It was pretty easy, but you must take your passport with you for the license they give you.
Now that the Nano-SIM is standard, you may not have to wait for a bigger city to get one, but I am pretty sure I will be in Leon before I can manage to get my phone hooked up — also an 8+.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back