A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Luggage Storage in Santiago

Advertisement

Help w/ Spanish Cell Phone Plans

Healthful

Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2016
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the best carrier would be for my iPhone for two months of unlimited data, no contract, for use in Spain? Cost is a factor but the most important thing is the carrier with the best satellite coverage across most of the Camino. Data needs to be unlimited and fast as possible. Whatever the best option for two months, where would be the best place to get it set up?

Thanks!

Advertisment

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the best carrier would be for my iPhone for two months of unlimited data, no contract, for use in Spain? Cost is a factor but the most important thing is the carrier with the best satellite coverage across most of the Camino. Data needs to be unlimited and fast as possible. Whatever the best option for two months, where would be the best place to get it set up?

Thanks!
Movistar has the highest coverage followed by Vodafone, Orange has spotty coverage.
Check www.willmyphonework.net with your model of iPhone, the US models have different LTE frequencies vs. the EU models, you'll still get LTE coverage on fewer frequencies.
Tuenti has the best deals for large chunks of data, 7GB for €21 and is on the Movistar network.
Here is a link of the best deals on prepaid with data. http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Spain

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Make sure your iPhone is unlocked.

OTH86

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés five times, Madrid two days, Ingles once.
If your phone is NOT unlocked, T Mobile has a very good international plan that is a part of your regular plan (but ask for details) - mine is automatically available as soon as I land in Europe.

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 155 26.1%
  • June