• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help wanted — forum “point persons” for Wise Pilgrim Apps

peregrina2000

Staff member
If you’ve been following this thread, you know that Michael of @wisepilgrim has developed a series of apps for the untraveled caminos — so far, we’ve got Nascente, Olvidado, Invierno, but more are coming. The idea behind these apps is that they will be crowd-sourced and free to all. (Though I and others do want to see a way for grateful users to donate something to Wise Pilgrim) People who walk and use the app will add comments and information, much as @jungleboy and @Wendy Werneth did on their recent Nascente and the Geira. Kind of like the forum Invierno guide, but on the phone, and with real-time updates rather than yearly.

Since not everyone who posts on the forum will post comments on the apps, it might be a good idea to have a few stalwart forum members keep an eye out for comments. Not sure how we will transfer them to the app, but those are some of the details that will be worked out with Michael.

Right now, all I’m asking is if any of you are interested in being “in charge” of one or two caminos, keeping track of all the new comments that come into the forum that would be helpful for the app users. The caminos to be presented in these apps are not exactly high traffic caminos, so it should be a manageable commitment. Ideally it would be a camino you have walked, so that you can evaluate the relevance and importance of the comments, but the only job qualifications set in stone are that you check the forum regularly and share Wise Pilgrim’s love of the camino.

So let me know here if you are interested and we’ll go from there. Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If there’s anything left over, I’m happy to help - although I’ve only walked the more popular routes - but I do have ‘functional, Spanish and an eye for detail.

I concur that there has to be some way of making this commercially viable for Michael. I think his mainstream apps are grossly underpriced given that they are constantly updated, so I’m sure that it’s not a lucrative profession.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm not really a veteran, but I'm happy to help where my experience can be useful.

In 2018, we walked the Gebennensis, the Podiensis (@wisepilgrim has an app for this), the Voie Nive-Bidassoa, and the Norte with many of @peregrina2000 's variation.

So I guess I could help with the Podiensis for starters, but I will need a little tutorial to learn what needs to be done.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I would also be willing to help. I'm a big fan of WisePilgrim.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This sort of technology for a Camino is very new to me, but as I type this my hubby is getting me up on the Wise Pilgrim applications. As long as I tackle how to use it, I hope to share anything I can to it! If the Universe wills it, we will be able to contribute Le Puy and Frances, in the coming weeks! I volunteer to do anything I can to help! My Achilles heel is not knowing much about technology especially when overseas.
Neve

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.