Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help with 2017 guide for Invierno

peregrina2000

Staff member
I see that last year I posted the 2016 version of the Invierno guide on January 2. That means I am way behind schedule. So here is my annual plea for new Invierno information.

Looking through my notes, I see I have updates from gollygolly, sabbott, and MJB, but no one else (Charrito, do I have more from you or were all of yours from last year?) If you have in fact sent me information and I haven't mentioned your name, it's because my "filing system" is not so great, and I would appreciate it if you could send it on again, now that I'm focused on the task.

If there is anyone else who has walked the Invierno or has read interesting updated information about it somewhere, please be in touch.

I will hope to get this done by the end of January, fingers crossed. I am also hoping that Asún's English version soon makes this obsolete, so we can focus our "guide writing" on another unknown but beautiful camino, like the Olvidado maybe. :)

Thanks, pilgrims, buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I see that last year I posted the 2016 version of the Invierno guide on January 2. That means I am way behind schedule. So here is my annual plea for new Invierno information.

Looking through my notes, I see I have updates from gollygolly, sabbott, and MJB, but no one else (Charrito, do I have more from you or were all of yours from last year?) If you have in fact sent me information and I haven't mentioned your name, it's because my "filing system" is not so great, and I would appreciate it if you could send it on again, now that I'm focused on the task.

If there is anyone else who has walked the Invierno or has read interesting updated information about it somewhere, please be in touch.

I will hope to get this done by the end of January, fingers crossed. I am also hoping that Asún's English version soon makes this obsolete, so we can focus our "guide writing" on another unknown but beautiful camino, like the Olvidado maybe. :)

Thanks, pilgrims, buen camino, Laurie

I hope you get the info you need - otherwise I will gladly do some research this summer! :O)

/BP

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm gonna walk the camino next week and i would like to help, once back home. There's something specific that you need?

I'm gonna walk the camino next week and i would like to help, once back home. There's something specific that you need?

If you want you can print out the guide and make notes while you walk of the things that differ. I always do, force of habit... I intend to do so even this year on the Invierno (probably July). But if there's a lot of you who go before me perhaps it's not necessary...

/BP

Hi Chinasky,

If you take a look at the guide, you'll see a couple of places where I've put in some questions for future users. One place that comes to mind is a question about an alternative way to leave Barco de Valdeorras. But, as BP says, the best help would be to make a note of places where you find the directions confusing or wrong. It's hard to edit a guide using comments from other users, so I'm sure you'll find places when you're actually there that could use clarification.

Mil gracias and buen camino. I hope you have a wonderful adventure. Laurie

One place that comes to mind is a question about an alternative way to leave Barco de Valdeorras.

Yeah I was the one bringing up Valdeorras in the first place so that will be interesting. I have no idea what went wrong there. It's not that it was a split and I didn't know where to go - it's rather that there was only one way to go... that made me do a u-turn and get back to where I started; a loop. I'd really like to go there and sort things out... As I wrote in another message: personal revenge on the Camino... :OP

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Laurie/BP, i'll try to follow your suggestions helping you in the making of the new version.

Yeah I was the one bringing up Valdeorras in the first place so that will be interesting. I have no idea what went wrong there. It's not that it was a split and I didn't know where to go - it's rather that there was only one way to go... that made me do a u-turn and get back to where I started; a loop. I'd really like to go there and sort things out... As I wrote in another message: personal revenge on the Camino... :OP
Help me here BP, please. I did read all your posts but don't really remember any mishaps after BdV. What was that all about??? (OK, You can just send me back to reading your posts again :D)

Help me here BP, please. I did read all your posts but don't really remember any mishaps after BdV. What was that all about??? (OK, You can just send me back to reading your posts again :D)

Hi K1,

Oh I think I wrote about that in another thread where Laurie was asking for help to revise the Camino guide for the Invierno, then she created the thread "losing the arrows in Barco de Valdeorras". Yes, I found it: you have made comments there as well! A lot of useful information, maps etc, but I still can't recall exactly where and how I lost the arrows...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi K1,

Oh I think I wrote about that in another thread where Laurie was asking for help to revise the Camino guide for the Invierno, then she created the thread "losing the arrows in Barco de Valdeorras". Yes, I found it: you have made comments there as well! A lot of useful information, maps etc, but I still can't recall exactly where and how I lost the arrows...
Ah, I looked it up and now I'm not lost anymore ;)

Ok, Invierno fans, I have now copied and printed all of the updates I could find -- thank you so much to sabbott, MJB, Charrito, and golly golly. I will soon be peppering you with questions as I try to incorporate your comments. Stay tuned.

Any more Invierno updates from 2016?

To tell you the truth, this year hasn't been as good as last year when it comes to Invierno pilgrims helping out with the revisions for the guide. Not a complaint, just wondering why. I am so lucky to have a few diehard accomplices, @KinkyOne and @Charrito , I'm talking about you. :)

In any event, in a few days I will have a draft of the new and improved 2017 guide to the Camino de Invierno. Are there people out there who would be willing to take a look and offer comments?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
To tell you the truth, this year hasn't been as good as last year when it comes to Invierno pilgrims helping out with the revisions for the guide. Not a complaint, just wondering why. I am so lucky to have a few diehard accomplices, @KinkyOne and @Charrito , I'm talking about you. :)

In any event, in a few days I will have a draft of the new and improved 2017 guide to the Camino de Invierno. Are there people out there who would be willing to take a look and offer comments?
Ready and willing, Laurie.

Cuando quieras.

Last call for comments for the 2017 guide. On Monday, I'll have a draft ready for people to critique. Anyone else out there with tidbits for this forum effort?
You have my email address, Laurie, so if you send me a WORD document I'll have a good look at what you've produced and let you have my thoughts and/or any additions.

From all of us who love the Invierno, many thanks for your great work.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back