• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help with Roncesvalles Reservations

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I am at my wits' end.
I have tried EVERYTHING to make a reservation at Roncesvalles on their website and via email.

On the website, I cannot get the date to change to 2018.
When I try, it just says NnNnNn

I need beds for 4 pilgrims on May 21 2018

I have tried emailing and giving my credit card number and was told it would not work.
I have emailed the bank and there is no reason the card would not work.

I'm just stumped.

Can someone try to make a reservation for 21 May 2018 and see if you can get that stupid calendar to accept the date?

Other options?
Help????

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have already made a booking for July 2018 on their website and had no problem doing it, so not sure why you are having a problem. Click on the link below, then select Reservations and click on the "Haz Tu Reserva Aqui" circle, then click on the calendar square where it says Date of Arrival. You then click on the arrows to move forward to the month you want to stay and finally click on the day. Should be fine.

http://www.alberguederoncesvalles.com/

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Annie we had difficulty as well so I booked into the hotel, just looked it up gave it a call and got an answer a couple of days later. They said last year that they (the Hotel) do not usually take bookings until January. I thought it better to have somewhere at such a vital point and just went for the hotel.

Turning off the auto-translate on your browser might help. A similar thing happens on RENFE & Autocares websites amongst others.
Thanks, turning off the Google auto-translate worked for me... but only in the sense I could see the dates. The down side is that reservations are not accepted until mid-March but suppose in early January I'll not need to worry about overcrowding at the inn...!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
First post :) After 15 years of dreaming of walking the Camino, a window of time has opened up for me. I have my plane tickets and begin my walk at SJPP on May 3rd. Can't wait!

Having read the suggestions to book a reservation at Roncesvalles, I did so about a week ago. The reservation was processed through Commercia Global Payments and I was charged 12 Euros. It then took me back to the Albergue website where I received a confirmation number followed by the word "FULL." That makes me nervous. Does this mean it did not go through, that they are fully booked? If so, why did I receive a reservation number? Or is this a translation issue? Also, I have not received an email confirmation from them. Is this standard? I suppose I will email them and ask for confirmation but thought I'd check in here first, particularly since the thread implies that the website is not taking reservations for 2018 at this time. Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It then took me back to the Albergue website where I received a confirmation number followed by the word "FULL." That makes me nervous. Does this mean it did not go through, that they are fully booked? If so, why did I receive a reservation number? Or is this a translation issue?
I don't know for sure but I think it is a translation issue. When there is no room for one in an albergue it is completo, full. When a form is filled out it is complete or completed. I can see a translation problem here.

I don't know for sure but I think it is a translation issue. When there is no room for one in an albergue it is completo, full. When a form is filled out it is complete or completed. I can see a translation problem here.

Thank-you for the warm welcome, Rick. After so many years of envisioning this walk, I still find it hard to believe! With tickets purchased, making reservations, creating a packing list, etc. it's starting to feel real. :)

Thanks for your information re: translation issue. I'm pretty sure I'm good to go with this reservation but will likely email for confirmation to be sure.

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was just able to book OK. For April.
As advised above I did not use the translate feature, but clicked the language option top right.
Maybe try a different browser?

I've had similar trouble in the past on other sites Annie . The problem turned out to be a cookie downloaded from another site . Run a system clean or virus scan as well as deleting your browser history and cookie cache .

Do the booking on their site, which I admit is slow and difficult but it works. Don't use Booking.com, etc.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I pre booked Roncevalles from Australia to be certain we had a bed and went through the booking procedure, but I couldn't tell if the card payment went through. I emailed and asked whether it had & they kindly informed me (in Spanish) that it hadn't. I then re tried and successfully booked and sent a screenshot of the receipt and booking details (just to be sure). We were very impressed with this thoughtfully set out and modern Alburgue and the volunteer staff were wonderful. Also the best value laundry system we encountered on our Camino. This was the only Alburgue we pre booked the whole Camino Frances and to Finisterre

I just booked for 3 May without any problem.

Is this place closed for winter? Tried to book it for January and it says there are zero beds available.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Is this place closed for winter? Tried to book it for January and it says there are zero beds available.

In the recent past the newest albergue with 183 beds was often not used in winter. However if a pilgrim arrived at the monastery and rang the main entrance bell then a bed/bunk would be offered in the small winter albergue near the old cloister entrance.

Stay safe and enjoy your winter camino!

I have already made a booking for July 2018 on their website and had no problem doing it, so not sure why you are having a problem. Click on the link below, then select Reservations and click on the "Haz Tu Reserva Aqui" circle, then click on the calendar square where it says Date of Arrival. You then click on the arrows to move forward to the month you want to stay and finally click on the day. Should be fine.

http://www.alberguederoncesvalles.com/

I am travelling at the end of April and have not booked any accommodation, as I undestand that you cant book pilgrim hostels, are you guys talking about private accommodations?

Bee

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.