• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

(HELP WITH ROUTE) Camino Portugués from Valença to Santiago in 5 Days!

CarloSousa

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués (2018)
Hola!
Me and mine have been preparing to do the Camino but we only have 5 days to it - starting from Valença/Tuí.
Can someone please help us with the daily route? We can only find 6 days routes.
Gracias!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola!
Me and mine have been preparing to do the Camino but we only have 5 days to it - starting from Valença/Tuí.
Can someone please help us with the daily route? We can only find 6 days routes.
Gracias!

Welcome to the forum!
You might consider the 5 Etapas suggested by Gronze.com
See more here starting with Etapa 22 from Valenca/Tui. https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

Bom camino!

Last edited:
1. Tui- Redondela, 32km. If that is too long a walk for the first day, you could stop in Rúa/Mos (hamlet of 50 people with an albergue 10 km before Redondela) or O Porrino (industrial town of about 5,000 with all services, hotels and two albergues, sits about halfway between Tui and Redondela).
2. Redondela-Pontevedra, 20 km. (Pontevedra is too beautiful to race through.)
3. Pontevedra-Caldas de Reis, 21 km.
4. Caldas de Reis-Padron, 19 km.
5. Padron-Santiago, 24 km.
It is possible to combine the last three days into two by staying at the Xunta Albergue in O Pino (Valga), set about half way between Caldas de Reis and Padron. It is clean and there is a restaurant a few hundred meters up the road, but both Caldas de Reis and Padron are good towns to visit. Caldas is famed for its hot springs, with a couple of small resorts and one public hot springs fountain. Padron is charming, with a small, interesting museum about Rosalia de Castro, the poetess who revived literary Gallego in the 19th century before dying young in Padron of uterine cancer. There are also handsome churches and a dramatic statue of Camilo José Cela, the Franco era novelist who won the Nobel Prize. Many albergues, hotels and restaurants. The stone boat carrying the remains of Saint James is supposed to have docked there.
Enjoy the walk!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola!
Gracias!
Use Brierley's guide; easily done in 5 days.

Hi! I have done Tui - Santiago in five days using the stages mentioned by MJB. Just make sure that, if you plan to stay in Redondela, you leave really, really early in the morning, as it is quite a walk for one day! I did it and it was 10 hours walking for me! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back