• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Help

Baggiegaz

Frances 2017/2018 Portuguese 2019
Time of past OR future Camino
June2017 sept 2018 Camino Portuguese sept 2019
Help.2 things gone wrong.first i had sun stroke in burgos.because of this my normal meds havnt been working for my gout which has flared up in knee.obviously i can not.walk at moment..no.2 my phone has been erratic.and wont charge..i try new usb ans socket etc.im now in leon as i bussed quite a few km..hotel im in been ok.anyone know a english speakin doctor and somewere i can get help wiv fone as im gonna be stuck..cant walk too great but once im hydrated meds shud kick in..cheers..gaz

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry to learn of your health problems. You might ask your host at where you are staying to help find you medical assistance. Personnel in drug stores/farmacias (signaled by green crosses) usually speak English and are very helpful. This medical center is open 24/7 and will probably have English speaking staff. In addition here is a list of all medical centers in Leon

Good luck and please keep us informed of how you get better.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sorry to hear your problems. Hope you heal soon. Re phone I had recharging problems with my I phone. After consulting I tunes I used a paper clip to scratch around in the socket on the phone. Amazed at how much fluff came out been fine since. I suggest turning off first.

Well update..went to juan arguado centre but was amazed at there attitude to me.sent me away .couldnt believe their unfriendliness..
Ended upat main hosptal de leon..admitted me at once.aranged for my pack tobe picked up..turns outmy leg has celultis and am on all sorts of drugs..no one here apears to speak english..not theirfault of course..been told got to stay here4/5days..no walking camino for 14...meaning its end for me...never felt so low and alone....im a bloke of 55...bye

@Baggiegaz, sorry to hear this. Please take care of youself, particularly if you are feeling down about things. I can understand that it will be more difficult finding support if you aren't walking and stuck in an unfamiliar city, but do try and find someone who you can talk to, even if only to share your dismay at this turn of events.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Baggiegaz,
Sorry to learn that your situation is so complex. At least you are now receiving proper medical care in the hospital. Do try to relax in order to obtain the most benefit from that care. ...May you feel better soon.

Cellulitis? You did the right thing getting yourself to the hospital. I get these once in a while, and now bed for IV antibiotics I can inject myself with at home so I don't have to stay in hospital. I can understand how alone you must feel.

Hope you feel better soon.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Gaz,
SO sorry to hear. :(

I just sent you a private message. Hopefully you can see it - if not let me know here.

Take care and get some rest.
Thanx for teply.been horrible few days..didnt think my camino wud go like this..havnt had best times in my life these past few yrs..this just tops it all..doc says could be out mext monday.meaning i wud of been here a week..after that my friend who was walkin wiv me wil catch up.and see whats what...thanx for talkin to me....please feel free to.text more

Hi Gaz,
SO sorry to hear. :(

I just sent you a private message. Hopefully you can see it - if not let me know here.

Take care and get some rest.
Hi..thanks for yor help.jason came to see me today..he cheered me up no end .we had a great long chat snd my spirit is raised again.im still in leon hospital but am improving slowly.jason left me his number in case i need more help..im determined to come back in sept to complete my camino..thanx again

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi..thanks for yor help.jason came to see me today..he cheered me up no end .we had a great long chat snd my spirit is raised again.im still in leon hospital but am improving slowly.jason left me his number in case i need more help..im determined to come back in sept to complete my camino..thanx again

So great to hear! I'm glad you and Jason got to connect and that it was a good visit. Hopefully you're through the worst part of your pain and treatment and you can heal completely now. The Camino will still be here in September. Take care and keep us posted!
Faith

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So great to hear! I'm glad you and Jason got to connect and that it was a good visit. Hopefully you're through the worst part of your pain and treatment and you can heal completely now. The Camino will still be here in September. Take care and keep us posted!
Faith
Thanks faith..im out of hospital tomorow and takin train to santiago friday.hopefuly i can see a bit of the town before flying home .im back end of august to finish..maybe astorga onwards..thank you for all your kind words..

Thanks faith..im out of hospital tomorow and takin train to santiago friday.hopefuly i can see a bit of the town before flying home .im back end of august to finish..maybe astorga onwards..thank you for all your kind words..

Congrats on being discharged! Great happy news! If you need anything while you're in Santiago please do come by Pilgrim House. I won't be there on Friday but our teammates will be. The address is Rua Nova, 19, a couple blocks behind the cathedral. Take care, @Baggiegaz !

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm glad to hear you are getting out of the hospital and that your friend is there to support you and cheer you up. I hope you are healthy and able to come back in August. Maybe our paths will cross in Santiago.

Mike

I'm glad to hear you are getting out of the hospital and that your friend is there to support you and cheer you up. I hope you are healthy and able to come back in August. Maybe our paths will cross in Santiago.

Mike
Hi mike hope so.im in santiago now.had 5 hour plus train ride but im here..i should be back end of august once i sort things out when i get back to England..hope we meet somehow...gaz

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.