• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Helpful hints appreciated

DeniseT

Time of past OR future Camino
Future:) 01 Jun 2017 SJPDP
hi,
Ok very tired and weary, so plan to catch the bus to Finisteria and maybe walk to Muxia and return to Santiago by bus over two days and thought staying in the lighthouse would be fab.
Would love any links to the lighthouse accomodation and suggestions would be fab.
Thank you
Enter Santiago 8th July ( 38 days) bloody amazing trip...
Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Denise,

We are not long back from walking Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia.

Muxia was by far our favourite of the two destinations.

If you are tired, why not break up the walk to Muxia from Finisterre by overnighting in Lires?

Or stay in Muxia an extra night? Muxia was fabulous and so restful and we look forward to returning soon - we loved the warm welcome given by the couple who run Bela Muxia as well as from the locals too.

(Would recommend staying in As Eiras if you stop overnight in Lires - great home-cooked food!)

If it were me, I'd stay in Muxia an extra day rather than taking two days to return to Santiago by bus.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it!

Ultreya!

John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Make sure to be aware that there is a bus strike and the buses for now are not operating 2 days a week. You may have to find alternative transportation otherwise. I also agree to stay an extra day in Muxia rather than Fisterra. Plus the food is way better there. I just left yesterday so there's still plenty to eat.

Oh yes thank you, need to google that and see if there are regular strike days....
Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Denise,

We are not long back from walking Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia.

Muxia was by far our favourite of the two destinations.

If you are tired, why not break up the walk to Muxia from Finisterre by overnighting in Lires?

Or stay in Muxia an extra night? Muxia was fabulous and so restful and we look forward to returning soon - we loved the warm welcome given by the couple who run Bela Muxia as well as from the locals too.

(Would recommend staying in As Eiras if you stop overnight in Lires - great home-cooked food!)

If it were me, I'd stay in Muxia an extra day rather than taking two days to return to Santiago by bus.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it!

Ultreya!

John
I also loved Muxia more than Finesterre, however I think they are both worth two nights each if possible. Reason being is that Muxia is an adorable quaint fishing village with both a sandy beach on a bay and also has crashing waves on big boulders on the Atlantic, not to mention the awesome short hike up to the lookout. However, although the town of Finnesterre is not much to look at, it also has several outstanding beaches, the clifflike lighthouse and an awesome, little traveled hike on the other side with more incredible views if you take this route to return back to town.

I bused to Muxia, walked to Finesterra, but stayed halfway in Lires, which has more outstanding coastal craggy height views if you follow the estuary out of town to the ocean, a mere half mile (1k) away.

The strike is every Tuesday and Wednesday if I remember from previous post(s) in one other thread.

@peregrina2000 wrote in her blog (https://findpenguins.com/7wlooua0y7gmt) that shared taxi from Muxia to Santiago cost 45€ (or maybe 60€ if there were 4 taking a ride), 15€ per person and takes 45 minutes.

@DeniseT if you will end up in Fisterra try restaurant Los Tres Golpes for excellent seafood.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It's also very inexpensive to take a blabla car as well. I took one yesterday from Fisterra to Santiago airport for 12 euros. It's a carpooling service. I used it many times and have been very pleased.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back