• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Helping a newbie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: 2022, 2023. Portuguese 2024.
As a newbie to the Camino (planning my first in April 2022), I just want to tell you how much it means to be able to meet with a seasoned Caminoist and learn from her experience. Today I got to meet with Camino Chrissy for three hours and ask her a million questions. If you have a chance to connect with a new person on the forum, believe me, you will be much appreciated!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
As a newbie to the Camino (planning my first in April 2022), I just want to tell you how much it means to be able to meet with a seasoned Caminoist and learn from her experience. Today I got to meet with Camino Chrissy for three hours and ask her a million questions. If you have a chance to connect with a new person on the forum, believe me, you will be much appreciated!
I too met with someone in my town before I walked my first camino and it was great. Your description is pretty much exactly how I felt. I have never met Chrissy but have read her posts and she is a wonderful pilgrim/person.
I know every veteran pilgrim feels that it is a pleasurable duty to meet with new pilgrims and lend a helping hand over a coffee. I have done it 3 times and love the experience. I always worry that the information that we have can be overwhelming and I find myself always telling my new pilgrim friends, don't worry we are all nervous and you will see how quickly that fear and worry turns to confidence and joy.
So happy for you and so proud of Chrissy.

Assuming you're starting in SJPDP.
Assuming you're starting in SJPDP. Find and stand in the middle of the bridge that's in all the pictures. At that point everything will fall into place and make sense.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It really does help to meet up with someone who has walked.
I'm willing to Facetime with new people any time as well.
Just putting it out there.
Annie, you are a gem on this forum. Anyone who signs up to walk in one of your small groups is lucky indeed to be able to meet you in person. A Facetime meet up is the next best thing.

I just want to say that I met with @maryloufrommadison again a few days ago at a half way point between where we each live. We walked 7+ miles on a trail along a river, then it veered onto a wooded path that had an interesting old covered bridge.
We ended by having lunch at a little podunk coffee shop and we never ran out of things to chat about.🙂
IMG_20211008_110555113.jpg

I just want to say that I met with @maryloufrommadison again a few days ago at a half way point between where we each live. We walked 7+ miles on a trail along a river, then it veered onto a wooded path that had an interesting old covered bridge.
We ended by having lunch at a little podunk coffee shop and we never ran out of things to chat about.🙂
View attachment 110858
It was a lovely day to spend time with a fellow traveler. My first Camino starts April 28, and it was wonderful to be able to ask questions and get advice from a veteran. Thanks, Chrissy!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back