• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Here at last

Joanna4

Time of past OR future Camino
Hope to do first comino in October. 2018
Hi there, we are on day four and have walked from Sarria to Arzua,so far so good. Having a fantastic time,stunning sunrises and scenery. Everyone very hospitable. Weather a bit iffy, had one day of sunshine then a mix of short showers, fog and mist,then back to sun. Glad we brought the phonchos...... Loving everywhere we have been 25k to go, don't want it to end.
Can anyone advise us what happens on Nov 1st,all saints Day..... Are places closed,will we have trouble getting a bed that night?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there, we are on day four and have walked from Sarria to Arzua,so far so good. Having a fantastic time,stunning sunrises and scenery. Everyone very hospitable. Weather a bit iffy, had one day of sunshine then a mix of short showers, fog and mist,then back to sun. Glad we brought the phonchos...... Loving everywhere we have been 25k to go, don't want it to end.
Can anyone advise us what happens on Nov 1st,all saints Day..... Are places closed,will we have trouble getting a bed that night?

Good that you are enjoying your Camino.

People will make" the puente" aka take a long weekend but you will be ok . It is not a mayor holiday like Christmasday or Epiphany.
I see for instance that on a bookingsite the prices in Santiago are reasonable and still alot of vacancies.

@Joanna4
I couldn't say for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to book your albergue online now. Regardless of the influence of Nov. 1 as a holiday, there are likely to be albergues closing for the season on November 1. Good luck.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
But the Xunta albergues are open all year through so no worries about that.
@SabineP
Three years ago, all three albergues between Salceda and Santa Irene, including the Xunta albergue, closed on November 15. I don't know what their plans might be for this year, but I will no longer count on the Xunta albergues being always open.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you are in Santiago, you can be certain you will see the butofumero. Nov. 1, All Saints Day, is one of only 10 days per year that the Cathedral uses it on its own. All other times are through the generosity of a donor, and it's luck of the draw if it's used when you're there or not. Enjoy!

@SabineP
Three years ago, all three albergues between Salceda and Santa Irene, including the Xunta albergue, closed on November 15. I don't know what their plans might be for this year, but I will no longer count on the Xunta albergues being always open.
Thanks everyone, will give booking a go in the morning, thanks again.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back